C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Techco 3l reverse-revolution sneak peak pictures

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 02:30 PM
McMung
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just have to hack into your leaf tray?

What about some details on the liquid/air heat exchanger? Total kit weight?
Old 04-24-2009, 12:27 PM
PowerLabs
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Bump for more news... This is one of the most exciting things I've seen in a while...
Old 04-24-2009, 12:34 PM
Z_Rocks
Drifting

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by PowerLabs
Bump for more news... This is one of the most exciting things I've seen in a while...
Sam, I would be very interested in your future observation of the design of this system. FI is very fascinating to me, in particular how to make it more efficient and responsive. For example the new TT from BMW is another case how they are improving Turbo technology.

Basically, from watching Billy's video, I see great features in this product and would be interested to read your comments as well
Old 04-24-2009, 12:43 PM
PowerLabs
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Z_Rocks
Sam, I would be very interested in your future observation of the design of this system. FI is very fascinating to me, in particular how to make it more efficient and responsive. For example the new TT from BMW is another case how they are improving Turbo technology.

Basically, from watching Billy's video, I see great features in this product and would be interested to read your comments as well
I got a ride in a C5 Z06 with a Kenne Bell Twin Screw Supercharger by Charlie from RPM motors and it was EPIC... Over 500 foot pounds of torque by 2200RPM . It wasn't much (if at all) faster than my car with the centrifugal blower, but he got on it in 4rth gear at 60MPH and it just pulled CLEAN from there deep into the triple digits in a way nothing I had been in before or after could replicate. Assuming Techco can replicate that, and, seeing that they are using a very similar blower, they should, I'd buy this kit up in a heartbeat if I could afford it

And I agree with you; the Twin Turbo setup BMW devised for their V8 is fantastic too.. But I still think the Porsche 997 Turbo sets the standard for state of the art turbo technology; they are using variable vane geometry turbos to get a 3.6L six cylinder engine to hit 500 foot pounds of torque by 2700RPM...

Last edited by PowerLabs; 04-24-2009 at 12:45 PM.
Old 04-24-2009, 12:49 PM
Z_Rocks
Drifting

Originally Posted by PowerLabs
I got a ride in a C5 Z06 with a Kenne Bell Twin Screw Supercharger by Charlie from RPM motors and it was EPIC... Over 500 foot pounds of torque by 2200RPM . It wasn't much (if at all) faster than my car with the centrifugal blower, but he got on it in 4rth gear at 60MPH and it just pulled CLEAN from there deep into the triple digits in a way nothing I had been in before or after could replicate. Assuming Techco can replicate that, and, seeing that they are using a very similar blower, they should, I'd buy this kit up in a heartbeat if I could afford it

And I agree with you; the Twin Turbo setup BMW devised for their V8 is fantastic too.. But I still think the Porsche 997 Turbo sets the standard for state of the art turbo technology; they are using variable vane geometry turbos to get a 3.6L six cylinder engine to hit 500 foot pounds of torque by 2700RPM...
Sam, I have no doubt this system will offer similar output as any other Positive Displacement, but their approach seems much nicer. I'm sure it will get positive reactions.
Old 04-24-2009, 02:32 PM
Techco-BT
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by McMung
Just have to hack into your leaf tray?

What about some details on the liquid/air heat exchanger? Total kit weight?
The kit wghe aprox 85 lbs
It has a water to air intercooler system, with a 118 sq in of intercooler face area in the blower manifold, (compare to a little over 50 sq in on the new ZR1)

With a single pass, water in the front out the rear, system
Hope that helps answer some questions
Billy
Old 04-24-2009, 02:42 PM
AVB
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Techco-BT
The kit wghe aprox 85 lbs
It has a water to air intercooler system, with a 118 sq in of intercooler face area in the blower manifold, (compare to a little over 50 sq in on the new ZR1)

With a single pass, water in the front out the rear, system
Hope that helps answer some questions
Billy
Excellent!
Old 04-26-2009, 01:21 AM
MrDrezzUp
Pro

Super excited about this. If there was an e-mail mailing list for updates on this kit I would actually sign up for it (and I think e-mail lists are lame).

I have a forged 416 that would love some boost.

Not meant as a thread hijack but what range of SCR would be best for such a blower?
Old 04-26-2009, 01:40 AM
nwc6
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the update.
Am I missing something, or would this kit actually be easier to install than a centri? Seems like if you can R&R an intake manifold, there would not be a whole lot left. I know pinning the crank would be the major pain in the @ss, but there is a lot less plumbing.
Old 04-26-2009, 01:47 AM
Z_Rocks
Drifting

Originally Posted by nwc6
but there is a lot less plumbing.
There is practically ZERO pluming. BTW, do you still need to pin the crank with their included 8-rib system?

I watched a video that a guy swaped a mustang S/C with a newer model in less than half an hour, put the new tune in and the car was like a moster. But I'm sure this car would be more, but certainly not like a Centri or TT.
Old 04-26-2009, 02:43 AM
bullitt4110
Le Mans Master

Received 56 Likes on 49 Posts

There is practically ZERO pluming. BTW, do you still need to pin the crank with their included 8-rib system?

I watched a video that a guy swaped a mustang S/C with a newer model in less than half an hour, put the new tune in and the car was like a moster. But I'm sure this car would be more, but certainly not like a Centri or TT.
Its a very good idea to always to pin the crank when adding any FI, ecspecially s/c snice they belt driven.
Old 04-26-2009, 07:17 AM
EuroRod
Race Director

Received 168 Likes on 66 Posts

Think I'd design a cover for those belts. Looks like a finger grabber to me.
Old 04-26-2009, 09:19 AM
Z_Rocks
Drifting

Originally Posted by bullitt4110
Its a very good idea to always to pin the crank when adding any FI, ecspecially s/c snice they belt driven.
Thank you Sir!
Old 04-26-2009, 09:25 AM
Z_Rocks
Drifting

Originally Posted by EuroRod
Think I'd design a cover for those belts. Looks like a finger grabber to me.
Now that you brought it up and looking at the last picture, makes a lot of sense to cover that belt. It's too close to the top that can grab a cloth or something while the engine is running. Great feedback!
Old 04-29-2009, 01:01 AM
whylee
Instructor

I installed one of the Techos on my 09 Challenger, most people who see it think it is factory installed. Looks very clean. It has a very nice whinning sound. No other supercharger kit looks this nice.
Old 04-29-2009, 05:57 PM
bgreen83
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What power gain did you see?

Originally Posted by whylee
I installed one of the Techos on my 09 Challenger, most people who see it think it is factory installed. Looks very clean. It has a very nice whinning sound. No other supercharger kit looks this nice.
Old 04-29-2009, 07:10 PM
whylee
Instructor

I have not dynoed it yet, I need some more miles on it to break it in first. I know it is substancial just going by seat of the pants.

Get notified of new replies

To Techco 3l reverse-revolution sneak peak pictures

Old 04-29-2009, 07:46 PM
Z_Rocks
Drifting

Originally Posted by whylee
I have not dynoed it yet, I need some more miles on it to break it in first. I know it is substancial just going by seat of the pants.
How does it get lubricated? Self contained or from engine?
Old 04-29-2009, 11:05 PM
whylee
Instructor

How does it get lubricated? Self contained or from engine?
It is self contained, it has a window to monitor the oil level. You can use a vacum pump to change the oil, or remove the unit and use the drain plug.
Old 04-30-2009, 01:28 PM
0Jeff @ TPE
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06 & '12

From one twin screw company, to another.... You have a beautifull system. It looks really clean.

BTW, I cant see is spring loaded tensioner. Do you run one, or is it solid mounted?

Quick Reply: Techco 3l reverse-revolution sneak peak pictures