C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blow off valve?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 04:53 PM
Chubz77
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blow off valve?

What blow off valve does ECS use in their kits, I see A&A uses the turbo smart which is a real nice peace

Thanks
Old 04-17-2010, 05:54 PM
BADZ
Melting Slicks

The one that came in my kit was the black plastic with little kn filter attach to it.

I went with a billet TIAL valve..
Old 04-17-2010, 07:32 PM
PowerLabs
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Chubz77
What blow off valve does ECS use in their kits, I see A&A uses the turbo smart which is a real nice peace

Thanks
I think their standard kits come with a Bosch OEM blow off valve like this one:

Old 04-17-2010, 09:32 PM
Chubz77
Instructor

Thanks for the pic, those seem to be cheap. I am ordering a supercharger Monday, just having a tough time deciding between the ECS novi 1500 or the A&A t-trim, both companies have been very helpful over the phone.........decisions, decisions
Old 04-17-2010, 10:48 PM
PowerLabs
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks for the pic, those seem to be cheap. I am ordering a supercharger Monday, just having a tough time deciding between the ECS novi 1500 or the A&A t-trim, both companies have been very helpful over the phone.........decisions, decisions
I've bashed that valve before but then again I had a nice aluminum Vortech valve and that spat out its O-Ring and left me with a boost leak... According to ECS they've never had one of those Bosch valves fail, for whatever that's worth...
My 2 cents worth: having dealt with both companies and worked on cars with both systems I'll say you can't go wrong with either one... I'd worry more about who is doing the install and the tune; that will have a bigger bearing on your results than anything else... Also if you want to contemplate more choices that new Edelbrock E-Force unit is looking pretty nice too

Last edited by PowerLabs; 04-17-2010 at 10:50 PM.
Old 04-18-2010, 09:14 PM
95vettski
Melting Slicks

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Talk to Chris he could swap out the bosch for something else for a small $$$ difference!
Old 04-19-2010, 10:49 AM
greekc6
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

its all on prefence on sounds, ive had 2 bosche, 1hks, and a tial 50 now. your better off hearing them and making a choice after that. like sam said though. ecs bosche has never failed so dont think cause its plastic it wont work.

Get notified of new replies

To Blow off valve?

Quick Reply: Blow off valve?