C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ever wondered if Methanol Injection is worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 04:58 AM
winters97gt
Le Mans Master

Received 77 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Jasil
I would love to see more of these.......I have only seen 1 timeslip of a vette hit 160mph unless it was a full bore race car like Mark's. Would love to see more if you have them.
Arun's car runs 160mph, and it is not a full race car. Mine ran 149.1mph without the bottle in to a 20 mph headwind with just an ECS Novi 1500, a 402 and Meth. No doubt with the bigger blower I had sitting for a while which I didn't install , mid 150's were doable. But I can't claim that. Username's car should trap 155-160mph with his setup. Lethal's car trapped 157.
My car.

Lethal's car

Old 09-10-2012, 07:51 AM
Jasil
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by winters97gt
Arun's car runs 160mph
That's the only car I could think of that hit 160mph that's why I was asking.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:50 AM
DSteck
Safety Car

Received 83 Likes on 42 Posts
Tech Contributor

Part of the problem is that most cars capable of trapping 160 don't have the required safety equipment to log enough practice runs to get to that trap.
Old 09-10-2012, 12:24 PM
Drewstein
Melting Slicks

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by DSteck
Part of the problem is that most cars capable of trapping 160 don't have the required safety equipment to log enough practice runs to get to that trap.
That's been my problem. I got to 150mph but don't have the seat time to run it on full kill. They get super pissed when you tech for 11.5 and rip through at 140-150mph lol.

BTW I just run the correct fuel. No need for meth. At that time it was 109, now I'm trying an E85 setup.
Old 09-10-2012, 01:54 PM
0Arun@CCP
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DSteck
LOL-hey we finally on agree on someting-and yes meth works GREAT!

If it wasn't for meth I would not of been able to run 159+ last weekend in 95+ degree weather weighing 85lbs more than last season with an iron block.

Meth kept my IAT's down to the 120 degree range-without it the IAT's would of been over 200.

Looking to go 162-3 this season.

Meth works-and with a capable tuner-will not harm your car if it fails. At the power levels most guys here are making there is a scheduled maintence that should be followed to make sure everyhting is in working order.

Anything can happen at anytime-just like when your car was stock-just now we don't have a warranty.

Old 09-10-2012, 08:16 PM
0Slowhawk
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We've tuned many cars with or without methenol. I prefer methenol, can definitely see the difference on our loaded dyno, expecially back to back runs on inlet temp/detenation.

Have a good amount of cars living on methenol systems with some running dual nozzle's full tilt. When we have a engine failure from a methenol problem I'll let you know. Been over 6 years so far.

Got a few road racers running them pretty heavy too(5-8 gallons a day). They report engine coolant temps lower almost 20 degree's when hammering them. Guess the meth has enough cooling to lower engine temp too.

Quick Reply: Ever wondered if Methanol Injection is worth it?