C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Motec M150 to Vette with factory BCM?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2015, 04:45 AM
WHITE_SHARK
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Amazing build Tuomas! conrats on those initial hp numbers!
What is your power level goal to achieve on dyno and in mile racing events?
Old 06-27-2015, 05:19 AM
Tuomas FIN
Drifting

Received 433 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by chuntington101
I think your exhausts are a little over the top! (jk).

Is that a hub dyno? Are figures at the wheels or crank?
Hub dyno yes, and crank on sheet DIN correction. 1401 hp on wheel so far but 100-200 hp's on crank still missing due problems, timing, limiter and low boost I think. We'll see what happens
Old 06-27-2015, 05:32 AM
Tuomas FIN
Drifting

Originally Posted by WHITE_SHARK
Amazing build Tuomas! conrats on those initial hp numbers!
What is your power level goal to achieve on dyno and in mile racing events?
Thank you, hp goal will be everything she gives, that we'll see hopefully in few weeks when time to continue dynoing and regarding the mile events.. I really dont know the target. Or, maybe it's fastest true street C6 with A/C and full interior in the world lollol. Current record is 224 mph by Wilson Motorsport?? All the pulls made by on dyno with regular pump E85, VP C85 still waiting
We put to the car MoTec 10 position potentiometer for different power levels and traction control setups for street and race. Position 10 is Supra kill mode lol.
Old 06-27-2015, 05:57 AM
WHITE_SHARK
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Tuomas FIN
Thank you, hp goal will be everything she gives, that we'll see hopefully in few weeks when time to continue dynoing and regarding the mile events.. I really dont know the target. Or, maybe it's fastest true street C6 with A/C and full interior in the world lollol. Current record is 224 mph by Wilson Motorsport?? All the pulls made by on dyno with regular pump E85, VP C85 still waiting
We put to the car MoTec 10 position potentiometer for different power levels and traction control setups for street and race. Position 10 is Supra kill mode lol.
LOL I like that position
Good luck dude, this is a true street killer vette
Old 06-27-2015, 12:52 PM
Tuomas FIN
Drifting

I have to purchase on heads valve spring pressure tester, and need tips what works best on LS motor?? Anyone any experience??
Old 06-27-2015, 01:44 PM
slow ride
Drifting

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

You will have to pull them anyway if you need to shim or upgrade the springs anyway so if just use a standard in car valve spring tool. Install pressures and spring rate sort of depend on the rest of the valvetrain parts weight and rpm limits. Let us know what you have.
Old 06-27-2015, 02:16 PM
Tuomas FIN
Drifting

Originally Posted by slow ride
You will have to pull them anyway if you need to shim or upgrade the springs anyway so if just use a standard in car valve spring tool. Install pressures and spring rate sort of depend on the rest of the valvetrain parts weight and rpm limits. Let us know what you have.
Valve spring tool I have if need them all pull out. I dont remember what springs I have without searcing from papers, they are chosen by ERL when purchased long block two years ago. I though if one spring is just dead and can replaced that or all the bad springs instead changing them all plus shimming now to get back to dyno asap.
Old 06-27-2015, 05:07 PM
inspector12
Drifting

Received 82 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by Tuomas FIN
Valve spring tool I have if need them all pull out. I dont remember what springs I have without searcing from papers, they are chosen by ERL when purchased long block two years ago. I though if one spring is just dead and can replaced that or all the bad springs instead changing them all plus shimming now to get back to dyno asap.
Well I would never just replace one spring on a build such as yours. It would be like putting used brake pads on it and saying you did a brake job lol! I'm not sure what springs your running. But I'm using the Pac 1207X's with stock rockers. If your using a full roller I'd recommend the Pac 1208X's. But that just a recommendation from what I'm running I'm not sure how much lift your cam has, but from the video it doesn't seem to be anything crazy. And on the valve spring pressures the others are right you need to remove a few of them and test them off the car the installed testers aren't that accurate or at least any of the ones I've seen aren't. GL! Its a cheap fix for some peace of mind IMO!
Old 06-27-2015, 05:17 PM
Blackonblacksls
Drifting

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by inspector12
Well I would never just replace one spring on a build such as yours. It would be like putting used brake pads on it and saying you did a brake job lol! I'm not sure what springs your running. But I'm using the Pac 1207X's with stock rockers. If your using a full roller I'd recommend the Pac 1208X's. But that just a recommendation from what I'm running I'm not sure how much lift your cam has, but from the video it doesn't seem to be anything crazy. And on the valve spring pressures the others are right you need to remove a few of them and test them off the car the installed testers aren't that accurate or at least any of the ones I've seen aren't. GL! Its a cheap fix for some peace of mind IMO!

Does the brodix head not accept any bigger than a factory diameter spring?

I sure wouldn't waste any money on a stock ls head based spring if you have the option to fit a 1.55 or so spring in there.
Old 06-27-2015, 09:04 PM
inspector12
Drifting

Originally Posted by Blackonblacksls
Does the brodix head not accept any bigger than a factory diameter spring?

I sure wouldn't waste any money on a stock ls head based spring if you have the option to fit a 1.55 or so spring in there.
Depends on where you bought them from if they machined them for larger than what comes on most LS style heads 1.350". They do sell the BR273's that will accept a 1.650" but those used longer valves and Roller rockers only. But no real need to go looking for something exotic when there is plenty to choose from that we know will work and the prices are not an issue either. Yeah if you have them machined for a larger spring you would obviously have more options to choose if you were looking for something specific or more specialized like when doing solid rollers etc... Not the case here IMO. But that is what it is my opinion. But, I'm sure you can find someone else to say just the opposite. But I don't think its even worth splitting hairs over it.
Old 06-27-2015, 09:47 PM
slow ride
Drifting

Well if it's just one valve having issues I guess you can at least check it out, but I would pull the spring, measure install height, measure spring pressure and find out what springs you have and the specs on them. It's hard to say if this one problem spring might just be the start of issues with all the springs as you lean on the combo more.
Old 06-28-2015, 03:33 AM
Tuomas FIN
Drifting

Originally Posted by inspector12
Well I would never just replace one spring on a build such as yours.. ...Its a cheap fix for some peace of mind IMO!
You're absolutely right.
Old 06-28-2015, 03:43 AM
Tuomas FIN
Drifting

Well if it's just one valve having issues I guess you can at least check it out, but I would pull the spring, measure install height, measure spring pressure and find out what springs you have and the specs on them. It's hard to say if this one problem spring might just be the start of issues with all the springs as you lean on the combo more.
After well slept night I decided I'll replace them all plus shimming if necessary.

Here's current springs ERL included • 1 set - 221435-kit Manley 1.350" dual spring kit assembly (includes viton valve seals)

EDIT: http://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/man-221435-16

EDIT2: CHE Precision LS7 rocker arm set, Del West Titanium LS7 intake valve w/ hard tip insert. C/N coated. REV Inconel exhaust valve. GM LS7. 1.615" X 8mm stem 5.230"

Last edited by Tuomas FIN; 06-28-2015 at 04:36 AM.
Old 06-28-2015, 04:33 AM
Tuomas FIN
Drifting

here's the cam sheet.

Old 06-28-2015, 07:31 AM
inspector12
Drifting

Here's what I'd run.
http://www.briantooleyracing.com/700...retainers.html
Old 06-28-2015, 01:00 PM
slow ride
Drifting

Hard to say what the deal is, the cam is XFI lobes and you are running a stock type rocker and the rest of the valvetrain is light. Are the Manley springs new to this build? Check out the install height and spring pressure and go from that. These Manley springs are rated at a slightly higher pressure than the PAC above.

Edit Manley are actually slightly lower 394 vs 433 for the PAC as in spring rate per inch.

Last edited by slow ride; 06-28-2015 at 02:21 PM.
Old 06-28-2015, 01:31 PM
inspector12
Drifting

Hard to say what the deal is, the cam is XFI lobes and you are running a stock type rocker and the rest of the valvetrain is light. Are the Manley springs new to this build? Check out the install height and spring pressure and go from that. These Manley springs are rated at a slightly higher pressure than the PAC above.
Not sure where your getting that from. As I see the NexteK springs rated to 394 and the PAC at 436. But the seat pressure and the open pressure are going to be different if you shim them as well on either springs. Ive run those Manley Nextek's and they are pretty good springs so not saying I wouldn't run them. I just feel the little extra pressure isn't going to hurt you at all. But I think I installed the PAC's with about 165lbs on the seat and I can't remember what the open ended up being but it was more than 436lbs. I like 170-180 on the seats usually on one of my higher hp cars, but with stock rockers you do have to be carful not to put too much as it can be bad on the valve tips. So between that and my cam lift is where I ended up.

Get notified of new replies

To Motec M150 to Vette with factory BCM?

Old 06-28-2015, 02:20 PM
slow ride
Drifting

I had to triple check that, but the NexteK are rated at 394 per inch and max of 446 at 1.110". I was comparing max pressure of both in the last post and that lead to my confusion due to the springs using different height ratings. The rating of the PAC on Tooleys site is just it's pressure is 436 at 1.150". The spring rate on PAC's site http://www.racingsprings.com/RPM-Ser...prings/sku/168 is still 433 per inch though so yes they are higher. I guess it all depends on how everything is set up and the range they are using them in, but like you said I feel both would be a decent spring on this combo with everything set up well. I edited the post above also.

Last edited by slow ride; 06-28-2015 at 02:36 PM.
Old 06-28-2015, 03:55 PM
Tuomas FIN
Drifting

[QUOTE=slow ride;1589936211...Are the Manley springs new to this build? Check out the install height and spring pressure and go from that.[/QUOTE]

No, they are now two years old, 1500 miles driven. Looks I think the same problem was last summer, when I took heads off after piston failure at cyl 4, wondered why cyl 5 has runned lean, exhaust valve was truly white vs. All the others looked good.
Old 06-28-2015, 10:48 PM
slow ride
Drifting

That's weird, I'd pay close attention to the spring install numbers on that one and check it to another one possibly. It's nice your new ECU has the ability to provide you with all the data though.

Quick Reply: Motec M150 to Vette with factory BCM?