C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Project: Doing it myself

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2015, 10:26 PM
usmcpony
Drifting

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by schpenxel
Looks really nice. Tastefully done / not over the top

What are your plans for getting to 1000rwhp?
Haven't decided yet. I may send my block to ERL and do a 427ci 6 bolt LS3 or just build a 416ci stroker out of my short block, I still need to upgrade the fuel system to run E85 It currently has the ecs stage 1 fuel system. Upgrade the rearend and might put a 6 point cage in it.
Old 05-06-2015, 11:59 PM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Received 1,110 Likes on 780 Posts

Nice write up and pics man! That's a badass ride you have there. In fact, it was after I watched the video of this car run on the ECS website that I knew I had to supercharge my car. I had made my mind up that I would copy your build and get me a 9 second street car. Then, when I found out you blew the A6 trans up, I decided that I would just go for a measly 650HP or so and be satisfied, so I went with a Heartbeat blower, which I'm already have a lot of fun with at low boost. I'm hoping the Century trans holds up for you. Those guys seem to really know what they're doing, so it should do fine.
Maybe one day I'll get bored with my Maggie blower and slap a 2200 kit on mine as well.
You're going to really need a lot of tire on that to hook it up.
I want a set of those wheels, man! Wish someone would make replicas of the Cup or GS wheels in either a 17x11 or 18x12.
Keep it coming!
Old 05-07-2015, 01:01 AM
cdelgado14
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ever thought about writing a book?you got me waiting for the next chapter!!!!
Nice write up man.lol
Old 05-07-2015, 01:01 AM
cdelgado14
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice write up man.lol
Old 05-07-2015, 10:12 AM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,085 Likes on 656 Posts

Great write up, I always liked your car.
Old 05-07-2015, 06:20 PM
Arctic Vette
Melting Slicks

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

He prob at least installed today half the kit lol.
Old 05-07-2015, 09:29 PM
usmcpony
Drifting

Originally Posted by Arctic Vette
He prob at least installed today half the kit lol.
Unfortunately I had my second funeral in 3 weeks today. Tomorrow is the king of the street shootout. I'll either be watching or driving my dad's 02 SS. I'm probably not going to put it the jack stands till I have all the parts.
Old 05-07-2015, 09:35 PM
usmcpony
Drifting

Originally Posted by CI GS
Nice write up and pics man! That's a badass ride you have there. In fact, it was after I watched the video of this car run on the ECS website that I knew I had to supercharge my car. I had made my mind up that I would copy your build and get me a 9 second street car. Then, when I found out you blew the A6 trans up, I decided that I would just go for a measly 650HP or so and be satisfied, so I went with a Heartbeat blower, which I'm already have a lot of fun with at low boost. I'm hoping the Century trans holds up for you. Those guys seem to really know what they're doing, so it should do fine.
Maybe one day I'll get bored with my Maggie blower and slap a 2200 kit on mine as well.
You're going to really need a lot of tire on that to hook it up.
I want a set of those wheels, man! Wish someone would make replicas of the Cup or GS wheels in either a 17x11 or 18x12.
Keep it coming!
If you get it built by century. All you'll have to do is refresh clutches.
Old 05-07-2015, 09:37 PM
usmcpony
Drifting

Originally Posted by cdelgado14
Nice write up man.lol
I've been told I need a book written about my life lol. Never been told I need to write a book though.
Old 05-07-2015, 09:37 PM
usmcpony
Drifting

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
Great write up, I always liked your car.
I love this thing.
Old 05-07-2015, 09:48 PM
Pitufina
Drifting

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

You probably have the best looking GS I have ever seen! I REALLY love the white with the silver/gray stripes. One thing though, I normally hate chrome wheels but yours looked great with those as well. Awesome work there!
Old 05-07-2015, 09:59 PM
C U IN REARVEIW
Le Mans Master

Received 110 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by Pitufina
You probably have the best looking GS I have ever seen! I REALLY love the white with the silver/gray stripes. One thing though, I normally hate chrome wheels but yours looked great with those as well. Awesome work there!
I agree....i hate chrome on everything other than white & silver.
Old 05-07-2015, 10:24 PM
usmcpony
Drifting

Originally Posted by Pitufina
I appreciate the kind words. I'm not a chrome type of guy but I did like the chrome wheels on my car. I just liked the black a little better.

Last edited by usmcpony; 05-07-2015 at 10:50 PM.
Old 05-08-2015, 10:50 PM
Arctic Vette
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by usmcpony
I appreciate the kind words. I'm not a chrome type of guy but I did like the chrome wheels on my car. I just liked the black a little better.
Damn.. No new pix today
Old 05-08-2015, 11:14 PM
swoopjr
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=usmcpony;1589578158]After driving around a couple times with the new wheel setup. I knew I needed to upgrade to some stickier tires before I kill myself. The 345 Nittos aren't cutting it. Theyre completely dangerous in my opinion for any car that makes descent power. Only one problem. They only make 19" and 20" cup wheels for the Corvette. I needed at least a 18" drag radial but ever drag setup available is just plain ugly. I looked at weld, ccw and a few others. I didn't want to spend $5,000 on an entire setup of wheels and tires. I just wanted rear wheels with drag radial tires and everything available didn't match. So after searching and searching and searching. I found out they make these wheel in a replica version for 1994-2002 Trans Ams and Camaros. I checked the offset on them and found the front wheels have the offset I need. Only problem is they only 18"x8" wide. I purchased them and sent them to weld craft to have them widened 4". Now I have nearly a matching drag set up.

Looks like we have the same last name, don't see that to often.
Old 05-08-2015, 11:16 PM
Arctic Vette
Melting Slicks

[QUOTE=swoopjr;1589593093]
After driving around a couple times with the new wheel setup. I knew I needed to upgrade to some stickier tires before I kill myself. The 345 Nittos aren't cutting it. Theyre completely dangerous in my opinion for any car that makes descent power. Only one problem. They only make 19" and 20" cup wheels for the Corvette. I needed at least a 18" drag radial but ever drag setup available is just plain ugly. I looked at weld, ccw and a few others. I didn't want to spend $5,000 on an entire setup of wheels and tires. I just wanted rear wheels with drag radial tires and everything available didn't match. So after searching and searching and searching. I found out they make these wheel in a replica version for 1994-2002 Trans Ams and Camaros. I checked the offset on them and found the front wheels have the offset I need. Only problem is they only 18"x8" wide. I purchased them and sent them to weld craft to have them widened 4". Now I have nearly a matching drag set up.

Maybe ur brothers
Old 05-08-2015, 11:33 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Now them are some wide wheels! lol

Get notified of new replies

To Project: Doing it myself

Old 05-09-2015, 05:16 AM
usmcpony
Drifting

[QUOTE=swoopjr;1589593093]
After driving around a couple times with the new wheel setup. I knew I needed to upgrade to some stickier tires before I kill myself. The 345 Nittos aren't cutting it. Theyre completely dangerous in my opinion for any car that makes descent power. Only one problem. They only make 19" and 20" cup wheels for the Corvette. I needed at least a 18" drag radial but ever drag setup available is just plain ugly. I looked at weld, ccw and a few others. I didn't want to spend $5,000 on an entire setup of wheels and tires. I just wanted rear wheels with drag radial tires and everything available didn't match. So after searching and searching and searching. I found out they make these wheel in a replica version for 1994-2002 Trans Ams and Camaros. I checked the offset on them and found the front wheels have the offset I need. Only problem is they only 18"x8" wide. I purchased them and sent them to weld craft to have them widened 4". Now I have nearly a matching drag set up.

I never seen anyone with my last name until I went to boot camp. There was 3 other Carr's in my platoon. Went my whole life without seeing another Carr and bam. There is 3 others at once.
Old 05-09-2015, 05:23 AM
usmcpony
Drifting

I didn't do too much today. I went to the king of the street shootout. I did happen to wear my ECS shirt. Had a bunch of people ask if I had a Corvette and asked about ECS. I referred them to you Doug so hopefully you'll get a couple more Ohio customers. I did get a couple parts today. I got as far as the power steering pump. But since the tool is at my dad's. I had no choice to wait till tomorrow.

Last edited by usmcpony; 05-09-2015 at 02:36 PM.
Old 05-09-2015, 07:41 AM
ajrothm
Le Mans Master

Received 1,095 Likes on 746 Posts

Killer build man! I can appreciate the effort you put into it. It's a slippery slope.. Enjoy the ride when it's good...

ERL short block is the way to go. Make sure to get a GOOD crank/rods. Not Compstar stuff. Spending more on the motor upfront now will save you a fortune later.

Good luck on hitting 8s!

Quick Reply: Project: Doing it myself