C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

E-force disappointing results

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2018, 01:33 PM
XX
XX
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Default E-force disappointing results

E-force install with disappointing results, I installed the 1590 kit canned tune on a 2011 ls3 auto about 3 months ago and posted in a few threads that I was not impressed with the system with the few spins I have done with it. I had ordered the 3.50 pulley at the same time knowing I would upgrade to the z06 fuel pump and do the pulley swap. I have completed the z06 fuel pump and did the pulley swap and then the same results (disappointing). I may have driven the car a 100 miles or so since the install then decided to find out if I was correct on the low output. I booked a dyno day with no A/F pulls from a local tuner who I know very little about but it would confirm my suspicion that it would be low and it did. Having said that now I am searching to find out where the problem is. I contacted Edelbrock today to verify I was sent the correct tune and we are in the process of doing that but may be delayed till after the holiday because according to Edelbrock they must send the files to SCT to decode the tune to a format that Edelbrock can read. The tech asked if I changed the belt to a Continental Elite 4061020 1" smaller as he think that it maybe belt slippage. I remember reading post on the forum that the smaller belt was only needed when dropping down below a 3.5 pulley. I did check that the bypass was not dumping under throttle and seems to be working from a visible inspection. The turner said it may be clogged cats or knock pulling timing but there are no codes and fresh 93 from the pump swap so I am kinda lost on this one, It looks like there are no belts in my area so I will have to purchase one online. Next I will data log using the SCT-4X programmer that may help. Any diagnostic suggestions appreciated.

Old 07-02-2018, 10:16 PM
ysb02
Drifting

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

KR won't throw a code but is a parameter that is easy to find. If you don't want the canned tune I'd find a reputable shop near you that will tune it checking the AFR and everything else.
Old 07-02-2018, 11:28 PM
XX
XX
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by ysb02
KR won't throw a code but is a parameter that is easy to find. If you don't want the canned tune I'd find a reputable shop near you that will tune it checking the AFR and everything else.
You are correct KR will not throw a code and just pull timing. I have a hp tuner pro and a AEM 30-4100 but I am waiting on Edelbrock to confirm the calibration that was sent to me was correct. When I was speaking to the calibration tech about the process used to load the file he stopped me and said I should not have needed to go through all the steps I did. I was telling him I had to input corvette ls3, axle ratio 2:73 and auto so he was confused as to why I need to do the extra steps. I then sent him the original calibration emailed to me and the three files saved on the SCT after I loaded and flashed the ecm. Next if the calibration comes back ok them I will log using the hp tuner and wideband. The canned tune was to hold me over till I get everything I want done like swap injectors, cam and headers. So first I need to find the source of the problem I have now.

Last edited by XX; 07-02-2018 at 11:28 PM.
Old 07-03-2018, 12:06 AM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Received 1,110 Likes on 780 Posts

Yeah, something is definitely wrong there. But the only how anyone could do anything more than guess at what the problem is would be if you did a datalog, including an AFR reading with your wideband. Without knowing what your boost curve looks like, it would be next to impossible to know whether your belt is slipping. Same goes for KR - you need a datalog to know if and to what extent it’s pulling timing, although if your car was getting significant knock, you should hear it. If your cats were clogged, you would typically have an unusually high boost reading. I would bet it’s pig rich and has low ignition timing, but again, that’s just a guess.
Old 07-03-2018, 03:10 AM
XX
XX
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by CI GS
Yeah, something is definitely wrong there. But the only how anyone could do anything more than guess at what the problem is would be if you did a datalog, including an AFR reading with your wideband. Without knowing what your boost curve looks like, it would be next to impossible to know whether your belt is slipping. Same goes for KR - you need a datalog to know if and to what extent it’s pulling timing, although if your car was getting significant knock, you should hear it. If your cats were clogged, you would typically have an unusually high boost reading. I would bet it’s pig rich and has low ignition timing, but again, that’s just a guess.
I started gathering the stuff need to setup the wideband and I couldn't find EIO PLUG so I had to order one and since hp tuners is swapping over to a new interface they are getting hard to find. Hp tuners have it stock but $18 shipping rate killed it for me and got one from BTR. Edelbrock tech said once he double checks the calibration he wants me to log using the SCT-4X with the following PID’s .
⦁ RPM
⦁ MAP
⦁ MAF
⦁ Air Charge
⦁ Injector Pulse Width
⦁ Long Term and Short Term Fuel Trims (LTFT/STFT)
⦁ ECT
⦁ IAT
⦁ ACT
⦁ Throttle Position
⦁ Pedal Position
⦁ Ignition Timing
⦁ Spark Advance
⦁ Engine Load
⦁ Vehicle Speed

Old 07-03-2018, 11:48 AM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

At least add knock retard to the list
The following users liked this post:
Chiselchst (07-03-2018)
Old 07-03-2018, 11:11 PM
XX
XX
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by schpenxel
At least add knock retard to the list
will do thanks.
Talked to the tech again today but we are still waiting on conformation that the correct tune was sent to me. We did go over the steps I had to do when I programmed the ecm the first time and he said that I should have bendable to to use the custom file loaded and I told him it would give me a error 1190 and not allowed me to do so. I then repleted I used the corvette ls3 auto and had to input axle ratio and so on. He decided to load the stock tune back on and start which it did but ran rough and died. Next remove the custom tune and reload it, this I was able to program using the custom tune without any errors. Raining today and doesn't look good for the next 10 days with a 100% chance of rain. So for now it is a waiting game on weather, conformation and data loging.
Old 07-04-2018, 01:18 PM
XX
XX
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '12

Weather turned out to be good today so I used the hp tuners to data log without wideband till I receive the eio plug ordered. I have not studied enough to know what I am looking for even though I had the hp tuners for years and may have not put in the correct pids. State leo behind me on the log for awhile so wot pulls at the end and will post in scan and tune unless someone in this thread could help.
Attached Files
File Type: hpl
test1.hpl (2.58 MB, 95 views)
Old 07-04-2018, 01:43 PM
Pekka_Perkeles
Burning Brakes

Received 80 Likes on 73 Posts

13 degrees of advance at WOT without knock or burst knock.

Seems to be low for your type of supercharger.

Boost around 7 psi or so.

It may be scanner issue, but max TPS seems to be low as well (up to 61% only). This with using HPT beta 4.1.

Last edited by Pekka_Perkeles; 07-04-2018 at 01:48 PM.
Old 07-04-2018, 02:02 PM
XX
XX
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by Pekka_Perkeles
13 degrees of advance at WOT without knock or burst knock.

Seems to be low for your type of supercharger.

Boost around 7 psi or so.

It may be scanner issue, but max TPS seems to be low as well (up to 61% only). This with using HPT beta 4.1.
k, so from the wot pulls 13 degrees seems low since it is not showing any knock, boost seems to be in the correct range around 7 psi for the 3.5 pulley. Throttle position sensor low at 61% when commanding 100% if I understand correctly. I will not know if I was sent the correct calibration till next week as the tech who is helping will be off work till then. Thanks for taking a look at it, not sure what else I can do on my end till they verify the calibration.

Old 07-04-2018, 02:20 PM
Pekka_Perkeles
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by XX
Throttle position sensor low at 61% when commanding 100% if I understand correctly.
Seems to be same 61% with HPT 3.6 as well.

Commanded TPS 100%.

Old 07-04-2018, 02:34 PM
ysb02
Drifting

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

I havent looked at the file, is tq management causing the lower tps?
Old 07-04-2018, 02:54 PM
Pekka_Perkeles
Burning Brakes

Could be.

Old 07-04-2018, 03:09 PM
XX
XX
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '12

Seems to be same 61% with HPT 3.6 as well.

Commanded TPS 100%.
Would I be correct to assume having only 13 degrees of advance may be caused by having only 61% TPS
Old 07-04-2018, 03:12 PM
XX
XX
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '12

Could be.
Are there additional pids needed to be added that I may not have done
Old 07-04-2018, 07:44 PM
XX
XX
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '12

I posted on hp tuner forum and someone pointed out that I have two different throttle position channels logging. One shows 83.9 and the other 38.7. and to removed the non SAE channel it will report correctly at 83.9 like pretty much all GEN 4's read at WOT.
Old 07-04-2018, 10:53 PM
russ472
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 197 Likes on 161 Posts

Commanded lamda is .75 , so that is a little rich. doing a little bit of crossover research from Hp tuners forum..... looking at your .875-.920 mv o2 sensor readings at wot could be running lean (no wideband). also see you are pulling timing as low as 8 degrees under boost from knock retard and/or IAT retard.

I would say you are leaving a lot of power on the table.

Get notified of new replies

To E-force disappointing results

Old 07-04-2018, 11:03 PM
russ472
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 197 Likes on 161 Posts

your timing even at 50mph cruise is floating around 28-30 degrees. I would say this is an ultra conservative tune.
Old 07-04-2018, 11:17 PM
XX
XX
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by russ472
your timing even at 50mph cruise is floating around 28-30 degrees. I would say this is an ultra conservative tune.
Myself and the Edelbrock tech are curious if the correct tune was sent to me. If I compare it to the stock 12 gs I have the 11 gs e-force has a bit more grunt off the line from the added torque but from 2nd to 3rd I am beginning to wonder if the stock gs will pull away from there. lol
Old 07-04-2018, 11:33 PM
XX
XX
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '12

This is the tune I am using
Attached Files
File Type: hpt
2011 c6 ls3 auto E-FORCE.hpt (1.41 MB, 49 views)

Quick Reply: E-force disappointing results