Notices
C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cutting open the front bumper ?

Old 06-03-2019, 12:05 PM
renegade123
CF Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Cutting open the front bumper ?

Anyone perform any surgery on their FI C6 ? Get that air flowing a bit better. Seems like the Camaro design is much more efficient for cooling these FI motors. I realize they integrated alot more coolers into the new ones to keep them cool. Is a decent aftermarket bumper available with much wider openings anywhere, can't seem to locate good alternatives. Throw a pic up if you installed one, or cut your own opening. Would look somewhat Lamborghini'sh if the front was opened up a bit
Old 06-03-2019, 05:50 PM
jayyyw
CF Senior Member

Received 308 Likes on 271 Posts

I've thought about making some circle or oblong holes in the front bumper, above the opening. I have a shaky cutting hand, though.
Old 06-03-2019, 06:52 PM
CI GS
CF Senior Member

Received 389 Likes on 329 Posts

You mean like this?
Old 06-03-2019, 07:28 PM
jayyyw
CF Senior Member

Received 308 Likes on 271 Posts

That looks wild.
Old 06-12-2019, 09:51 AM
73DBG
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 191 Likes on 166 Posts

I would by the **** out if that front bumper, looks good and solves a lot of problems at the same time....now price and fitment might be another story..
Old 06-12-2019, 05:15 PM
CI GS
CF Senior Member

Received 389 Likes on 329 Posts

Originally Posted by 73DBG View Post
I would by the **** out if that front bumper, looks good and solves a lot of problems at the same time....now price and fitment might be another story..
Here you go. You might need Google translate though... https://www.tikt.de/tuning/corvette/...arts?limit=all
Old 06-12-2019, 07:10 PM
73DBG
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by CI GS View Post
Here you go. You might need Google translate though... https://www.tikt.de/tuning/corvette/...arts?limit=all
Yeah I speak German 3rd best lol

I didnít see that bumper, looks like they did just modify the factory set up, they do have some nice carbon parts but nothing Iíd need....itís definitely $$$
Old 06-12-2019, 08:38 PM
Bluewheelz
CF Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I purchased a Geiger front bumper. The middle opening is roughly 2x the size of the stock bumper and it also has two side scoops for additional coolers.
Old 06-12-2019, 09:03 PM
Bluewheelz
CF Member

I also cut out the factory steel bumper and will be boxing it in what's left. This gives room to tilt the radiator forward to force air through it. I started mocking it up, but am waiting on my new motor before I move forward.
The following users liked this post:
CI GS (06-14-2019)
Old 06-12-2019, 09:57 PM
73DBG
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Bluewheelz View Post
I also cut out the factory steel bumper and will be boxing it in what's left. This gives room to tilt the radiator forward to force air through it. I started mocking it up, but am waiting on my new motor before I move forward.
Sick. Do you have a thread for this build? If not and you have the time to make one....you got at least one subscriber right here! Very powerful sir!
Old 06-13-2019, 09:53 AM
c5wolf
CF Senior Member

Received 49 Likes on 46 Posts

I purchased a Geiger front bumper. The middle opening is roughly 2x the size of the stock bumper and it also has two side scoops for additional coolers.
Very nice!! Do you mind sharing what the delivered cost was?
Old 06-14-2019, 12:44 PM
renegade123
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by CI GS View Post
You mean like this?
Looks cool, but a little to " busy " imo ?
Old 06-14-2019, 12:50 PM
renegade123
CF Senior Member

That is what I am talking about. How much was it total cost with shipping to the states ? Looks killer and solves the airflow issue at the same time. I also contemplated cutting the front bumper, not good for resale value but figured the cut out section could always be rewelded back in if cut neatly to begin with. So how much was the cost of the bumper, and how long did it take to receive from overseas ? Exactly the style I am looking for !
Old 06-14-2019, 01:08 PM
Unreal
CF Senior Member

Received 1,475 Likes on 1,253 Posts

Group buy on them? If price was right I would get one, but affraid the cost is going to be crazy.
Old 06-14-2019, 01:15 PM
renegade123
CF Senior Member

For anyone that is interested. I just spoke with a guy from Extreme Corvette Company in Bradenton. He quoted me $2k shipped from Germany and delivered to my area. Kinda pricey, but it looks killer and you could relocate the oil cooler and steering cooler into the side vents, as they don't get shiat for airflow now. Would help for us FI guys . Not sure if Supervettes is still doing their custom kits??? Guy from Extreme Corvette Companies name is Axel , just like the Guns and Roses singer, and he returned my call in less than 5 minutes = good customer service it seems ! Anyone order from this place. Figured if I resell the original Z from bumper, would help offset the cost. The $2k does NOT include paint
Old 06-14-2019, 02:46 PM
Unreal
CF Senior Member

Received 1,475 Likes on 1,253 Posts

Just take fog lights out and you get a good amount of flow to oil and other coolers.

My concern is the mounting and fitment. Everything I read about them says it is a nightmare.
Old 06-14-2019, 04:32 PM
Bluewheelz
CF Member

Originally Posted by c5wolf View Post
Very nice!! Do you mind sharing what the delivered cost was?
I bought it used on CV for $1400 a while back. Had a buddy drag it from Fla to Texas for me.
Old 06-14-2019, 04:33 PM
Bluewheelz
CF Member

Originally Posted by Unreal View Post
Just take fog lights out and you get a good amount of flow to oil and other coolers.

My concern is the mounting and fitment. Everything I read about them says it is a nightmare.
The front clip is fiberglass, not plastic so fitment isn't as easy as OEM, but it's very doable.
Old 06-14-2019, 04:36 PM
Bluewheelz
CF Member

Originally Posted by 73DBG View Post
Sick. Do you have a thread for this build? If not and you have the time to make one....you got at least one subscriber right here! Very powerful sir!
Thanks for the interest. As soon as the engine arrives, I will be starting a build thread. Doing a 427 LSX Twin Turbo. I've been buying parts for the last 8 months and ready to get this build rolling.
Old 06-14-2019, 04:51 PM
WHITE_SHARK
CF Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I made my own cutting on front bumper (maybe not looking that good) to feed my 6Ē thick A2A intercooler. Still did not get any real data if that helps to improve IAT as whole setup and methanol system is changed.

The following users liked this post:
jayyyw (06-16-2019)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cutting open the front bumper ?

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: