C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lambo doors?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2006, 02:11 PM
xs650
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Diver Dave
Please!!! Then lets put it this way, "Vertical Doors" are for whoever wants to use them.

Fart cans are too.
Old 02-19-2006, 03:14 PM
Diver Dave
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Ron 77
Doesn't look like a good option for a big & tall guy. Looks like some of the entry/exit room is taken away with open door position. Looks nice though.
I'm 6'2" and weigh 215. I have no problem getting into my car. I guess it all depends on what you consider tall. Shouldn't be a problem for most.
Old 02-19-2006, 03:19 PM
Diver Dave
Advanced

Originally Posted by xs650
Fart cans are too.
That's fine. Don't put vertical doors on your car, and keep your personal comments to yourself. If you don't like it thats fine, but some of us do.

Last edited by Diver Dave; 02-19-2006 at 03:22 PM.
Old 02-19-2006, 03:28 PM
Big Ron 77
Burning Brakes

I'm 6'2" and weigh 215. I have no problem getting into my car. I guess it all depends on what you consider tall. Shouldn't be a problem for most.
Not trying to be an a**hole about size, as I see you are already getting enough crap on this post, but I'm 6'6" 320lbs. The Vette is one of the few sports cars I fit in without seat modification. I like the vertical doors, concerned about fit as well, but more concerned that my wide *** shoulders would need to be contorted to get in. I already have to do the sit, duck, pull leg up and spin move to get in.

Is that Cobra in your garage a replica, or original? My favorite car, but definitely size prohibitive!
Old 02-19-2006, 03:40 PM
Diver Dave
Advanced

Not trying to be an a**hole about size, as I see you are already getting enough crap on this post, but I'm 6'6" 320lbs. The Vette is one of the few sports cars I fit in without seat modification. I like the vertical doors, concerned about fit as well, but more concerned that my wide *** shoulders would need to be contorted to get in. I already have to do the sit, duck, pull leg up and spin move to get in.

Is that Cobra in your garage a replica, or original? My favorite car, but definitely size prohibitive!
Sorry, I am not trying to be difficult. I just didn't know what you considered tall. To be honest, you may have trouble fitting in. If you know someone that has already done it, you may want to try it out prior to doing it to your car. It does require some door triming. All triming is done on the inside of the door. I live in the DC area. If you live near here, you are more than welcome to try mine out.

The Cobra is a replica. Lots of fun, lots of power, and it turns heads, but I have to say, it doesn't match my C6. By the way, we have a couple of people in our club that are your size, and they fit in the Cobra just fine.
Old 02-19-2006, 04:00 PM
Big Ron 77
Burning Brakes

Sorry, I am not trying to be difficult. I just didn't know what you considered tall. To be honest, you may have trouble fitting in. If you know someone that has already done it, you may want to try it out prior to doing it to your car. It does require some door triming. All triming is done on the inside of the door. I live in the DC area. If you live near here, you are more than welcome to try mine out.

The Cobra is a replica. Lots of fun, lots of power, and it turns heads, but I have to say, it doesn't match my C6. By the way, we have a couple of people in our club that are your size, and they fit in the Cobra just fine.
Thanks for the offer to try the fit. I live in Dallas, but my law firm is based in DC, and I'll be up there March 24th for a couple days, then back again a couple times a year. I may pm you for a try-out if you have the time (and if I have the time). Wouldn't mind just looking at your cars anyway, take away from my fabulous seminar time.

I'm surprised those guys fit in the Cobra...I know some companies make a slightly stretched version, that I probably would fit in, but the standard wheel base car was an uncomfortable fit, and definitely no fun with the clutch. I can drive a stick C6 (my Dad's), but I get quite the shin bruise from the dash from clutch operation.

Plus, UT football wasn't kind to me, so I'm recovering from my 5th knee surgery this week (last one happened 15 years ago when still playing), now I've got all kinds of fun arthritis...so you can see why I'm concerned about losing any kind of ingress/egress room .
Old 02-19-2006, 04:04 PM
xs650
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's fine. Don't put vertical doors on your car, and keep your personal comments to yourself. If you don't like it thats fine, but some of us do.
I'm just trying to help, they both seem to show up on the same cars.
Old 02-19-2006, 05:13 PM
Diver Dave
Advanced

Thanks for the offer to try the fit. I live in Dallas, but my law firm is based in DC, and I'll be up there March 24th for a couple days, then back again a couple times a year. I may pm you for a try-out if you have the time (and if I have the time). Wouldn't mind just looking at your cars anyway, take away from my fabulous seminar time.

I'm surprised those guys fit in the Cobra...I know some companies make a slightly stretched version, that I probably would fit in, but the standard wheel base car was an uncomfortable fit, and definitely no fun with the clutch. I can drive a stick C6 (my Dad's), but I get quite the shin bruise from the dash from clutch operation.

Plus, UT football wasn't kind to me, so I'm recovering from my 5th knee surgery this week (last one happened 15 years ago when still playing), now I've got all kinds of fun arthritis...so you can see why I'm concerned about losing any kind of ingress/egress room .
You are more than welcome anytime. Send me an email when you arrive and I will come pick you up in town. We can take a look at the cars and get a beer.
Old 02-19-2006, 05:19 PM
Big Ron 77
Burning Brakes

You are more than welcome anytime. Send me an email when you arrive and I will come pick you up in town. We can take a look at the cars and get a beer.
Will do. Sounds like a much better time than sitting around with 150 other lawyers!!! Thanks again.

I think I will be staying at the Ritz in Tyson's Corner, but I will have to check with my Secretary and confirm.

Hope that's not too far away from you to connect.
Old 02-19-2006, 07:52 PM
Diver Dave
Advanced

Will do. Sounds like a much better time than sitting around with 150 other lawyers!!! Thanks again.

I think I will be staying at the Ritz in Tyson's Corner, but I will have to check with my Secretary and confirm.

Hope that's not too far away from you to connect.
That's about 15-20 minutes away from me. No problem!
Old 02-22-2006, 05:43 AM
Grumpy
MONARTOR

Received 132 Likes on 68 Posts
Cruise-In 5-6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-10-'11-12-'13-'14-'15-'16-17-'18-'19'-20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Commercial posting

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Supporting vendors pay for the considerable bandwidth charges on the Forum, making it free for the rest of us. In exchange, they get the privilege of using the Forum to market and promote their goods and services.

Forum members are welcome to sell a Corvette or Corvette parts they purchased for their own personal use. Anything else is considered to be a commercial sale. No links to eBay sales, please. If the sale is appropriate for the Forum, post it on the Forum, rather than linking to it elsewhere.

Members are not prohibited from mentioning it when they have a good (or bad, for that matter) experience with a non-supporting vendor. But such mentions cannot be so specific (address, phone number, e-mail address, URL, price, part number, etc.) and so frequent that they become marketing and promotional references.

Only supporting vendors can post Group Purchase threads.

Members can include a mention of their personal businesses in their signatures so long as the enterprise does not compete with an existing supporting vendor, is not Corvette-related and is not so detailed or so frequently appended to their posts that it becomes inappropriate marketing and promotion
Old 01-04-2011, 05:35 PM
TOPGON
Racer

Default easiest AUX plug in for i pod cord?

I have read the tech data in this link but most is old news. I have a 2008 vert what is the easiest way to install an AUX i pod plug. I have XM.
THX
Bill
Old 01-04-2011, 07:36 PM
chimazo
Burning Brakes

Can't believe nobody posted this yet.
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 01-04-2011, 08:22 PM
m R g S r
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

maybe because it's a 5 year old thread lol
Old 01-04-2011, 08:23 PM
m R g S r
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TOPGON
I have read the tech data in this link but most is old news. I have a 2008 vert what is the easiest way to install an AUX i pod plug. I have XM.
THX
Bill
Huhh???? this thread is about lambo doors. you bumped a 5 year old thread to ask a totally unrelated question lol

and im not being a dick, but you didn't search too hard. there is a big sticky with all the information you want in the audio forum.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/audi...audio-faq.html

Quick Reply: Lambo doors?