C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ported FAST vs Ported Intake comparo w/ dyno sheets & details

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 06:49 PM
Joe_G
Tech Contributor

Received 252 Likes on 217 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by Craigster05
Way to go, Joe! About time! Now you'll know to appreciate my big smile when we leave the Comp booth at SEMA with an LS3 Fast under my arm!!!

Just kidding of course!
LOL yea yea you'll have to hire David Copperfield to wave a magic wand to make that appear....Can't wait to meet you in person Craigster.

LSCHLEM it's installed already..whaddya think?

I haven't noticed any gain. If I could get 460/430 I'd be one HAPPY camper. I'm not expecting so much.

Regarding the porting...let's just say the Dremel's SPINNING SPINNING SPINNING getting warmed up for the Fed Ex truck that left my house today!

I feel kind of disloyal to my buddy Cory...but I've done two of his so I had to spread the business around a little, And Cory, if you read this, I'm working on my buddy who just bought a new Z06 for you so I haven't forgotten about you.

And Craig I couldn't get him to join us, depite my efforts. Back to you buddy, see what you can do.
Old 10-23-2008, 06:56 PM
SpinMonster
Tech Contributor

Received 178 Likes on 124 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11

Originally Posted by LSCHLEM
Joe, Congrats. Its been a long time in comming. Who is going to PORT it ? You should be looking for about 460 RWHP / 430 TQ without the afr's. Good luck
I think LG saw about 450rwhp with the ported fast and this cam. What really picked up was the TQ
Old 10-23-2008, 07:07 PM
Joe_G
Tech Contributor

Received 252 Likes on 217 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by SpinMonster
I think LG saw about 450rwhp with the ported fast and this cam. What really picked up was the TQ
The Torque is what's I'm after...I have to SPIN my motor to 5k+ to launch it (if I drop below TQ peak of 4800 during launch I bog), and I'm hoping I can move my TQ peak down a few hundred rpm and up a few FT LBS.
Old 10-23-2008, 07:12 PM
racerx8
Burning Brakes

Received 79 Likes on 53 Posts

No dyno sheets, no 1/4 mi. times...just a very large smile every time I drive my '07 A6 . Reading this post I can offer only my experience with my SpinFast 92, Spinstalled AFR 205s, ARH, etc. A6 coupe, the Fast works.
Oh yeah the OP asked LS2 vs. FAST 92, both of mine were ported and the SPINFAST 92 definitely kicks *** in mid range and beyond w/no loss of bottom end. There is no doubt in my mind that the Fast 92 is stronger in all rpm ranges.
Joe, the AFR205s are an excellent head and with the smaller 205 runners really have great throttle response, the quicker your engine responds the faster you'll be, IMHO.
Sorry if I got off track but the SpinFast is simply a great addition especially as a bolt-on and with some headers, a CAI, a 160 t-stat and a tune even better.

Last edited by racerx8; 10-23-2008 at 07:18 PM.
Old 10-23-2008, 10:51 PM
LSCHLEM
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10

Originally Posted by SpinMonster
I think C6 DOBERMAN got close to 460 /430 with a wicked torque curve comming in around 2500 rpm. I do believe he is running a 236r with reasonable street manners. I dont know what the g5x3 specs are . MIKe
V got some nice numbers around 450ish/420 with a milder vengance CAM. In each instance they were running stock heads. In any event its
a great move for JOE G.

Quick Reply: Ported FAST vs Ported Intake comparo w/ dyno sheets & details