C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone Using the Sprint Booster Power Converter

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 02:14 PM
Joe_G
Tech Contributor

Received 252 Likes on 217 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by dwwwwg
Okay, here's the deal.P.S. when I purchased the car I wasn't completely satisfied with the way the panel responded for a 400 hp car. I also was thinking about installing a L Brock supercharger which said they would cover the warrant for of course an additional price however after purchasing this little stupid plastic device I am happy with the how the car feels and will not be making any changes…………………….

David
I think this is a good post, and well stated. I think too many people forget that frankly, if you're not racing your car and going for the last tenth in some sort of measured event, then the SOTP feel of the car is what you are really buying with performance mods. If this device makes the car feel faster and that's what you were looking for,and you don't care about measured racing events (drag, road course, street (not recommended)) then it's a good mod.
Old 07-24-2011, 02:16 PM
FloydSummerOf68
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe_G
I think this is a good post, and well stated. I think too many people forget that frankly, if you're not racing your car and going for the last tenth in some sort of measured event, then the SOTP feel of the car is what you are really buying with performance mods. If this device makes the car feel faster and that's what you were looking for,and you don't care about measured racing events (drag, road course, street (not recommended)) then it's a good mod.
I agree with most of that, I just don't understand why people won't just push their pedal 15%, 20% or 25% (however much difference the booster makes) and save the 300 bucks?

Drive the car more aggressively and you're getting the same results.
Old 07-24-2011, 02:21 PM
Joe_G
Tech Contributor

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by FloydSummerOf68
I agree with most of that, I just don't understand why people won't just push their pedal 15%, 20% or 25% (however much difference the booster makes) and save the 300 bucks?

You have a good point. However, the "feel" of the car means a lot. I used to put lighter accelerator springs on my old school carb cars to make the car "feel faster" when I was a young HS/College guy with no money for mods. We used to also put on modified steering boxes with quicker ratios so that the steering was quicker and harder...in fact some cars had two places on the pitman arm, and you installed the linkage depending if you wanted quicker (and harder) steering or slower and easier steering.
Old 07-24-2011, 02:28 PM
dwwwwg
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For each there own, only in America baby
Old 07-24-2011, 02:30 PM
dwwwwg
Heel & Toe

Default Thank You, Well Put

Originally Posted by Joe_G
Thank You, Well Put
Old 07-24-2011, 02:34 PM
dwwwwg
Heel & Toe

Default ???

I could write another page long reply but to keep it simple definitely does not feel the same.
Old 07-24-2011, 02:34 PM
xcessivex
Pro

If buying sand in a bottle for $300 makes you feel like you're at the beach, I'd still say to spend the $300 on a ticket to Miami and put the sand in your own bottle... In other words, put some nitrous in your car.

Last edited by xcessivex; 07-24-2011 at 02:38 PM.
Old 07-24-2011, 02:41 PM
dwwwwg
Heel & Toe

Default Had it coming

Had I known just stepping on the gas a little harder than normal was a replacement for adding 150+ rwhp I would've never started modding my car. Should've just hit the gas 25% harder everytime I wanted to accelerate.

I feel a fool now.
if I want to void my warranty and add the horsepower I would have however this is a solution for not adding 150 hp and voiding your warranty. My opinion only as I said each their own. I drive the car and like the comfort and reliability on long trips to Santa Barbara. Do not race the car or even put it on a track. If I did I would not have bought a grand sport I would have bought a ZR1.
Old 07-24-2011, 02:45 PM
xcessivex
Pro

if I want to void my warranty and add the horsepower I would have however this is a solution for not adding 150 hp and voiding your warranty. My opinion only as I said each their own. I drive the car and like the comfort and reliability on long trips to Santa Barbara. Do not race the car or even put it on a track. If I did I would not have bought a grand sport I would have bought a ZR1.
Your warranty isn't automatically voided because you add power to your car. That is a common misconception. In order for your warranty to be voided the dealer/manuf must show that your modification is what caused the breakdown of the particular part which has broken. This means that if your motor blows tomorrow and the manuf alleges and can prove by a preponderance of the evidence that your modification, which is well documented on this website, caused it to blow you are out of luck as well... my suggestion... get a second stock intake, put a hole in it, attach a nitrous fogger to it and keep your stock one without a hole.. if something blows, take out the juice and replace the intake w/ the hole. though I would NEVER do that to my leased cars

Last edited by xcessivex; 07-24-2011 at 02:49 PM.
Old 07-24-2011, 02:49 PM
dwwwwg
Heel & Toe

Default New recorders

Originally Posted by xcessivex
Your warranty isn't automatically voided because you add power to your car. That is a common misconception. In order for your warranty to be voided the dealer/manuf must show that your modification is what caused the breakdown of the particular part which has broken. This means that if your motor blows tomorrow and the manuf alleges and can prove by a proponderance of the evidence that your modification, which is well documented on this website, caused it to blow you are out of luck as well... my suggestion... get a second stock intake, put a hole in it, attach a nitrous fogger to it and keep your stock one without a hole.. if something blows, take out the juice and replace the intake w/ the hole. though I would NEVER do that to my leased cars
heard the new Corvettes have recorders that record if you make any changes to the computer or otherwise. Do not know much about it but this is what I heard from West Coast Corvettes in orange county
Old 07-24-2011, 02:56 PM
xcessivex
Pro

heard the new Corvettes have recorders that record if you make any changes to the computer or otherwise. Do not know much about it but this is what I heard from West Coast Corvettes in orange county
I wouldn't put it past government motors to do that. Again, it's kind of tough for them to prove that nitrous was sprayed. They'd likely need a lawyer, an expert, and some some lab work to prove that there was anything ever sprayed into the motor at all.. and who's to say you didn't run into a pocket of someone elses purge on the road... Gotta love the justice system.. eh? Either way it'll be cheaper for them to give you a brand new car than to go through the trouble of fighting it and most likely losing.
Old 07-24-2011, 03:10 PM
dwwwwg
Heel & Toe

Default Toyota recall

Originally Posted by achilds
The 06's and up have a similar relationship between the pedal position and the throttle body opening. Unfortunately HP tuners etc have not addressed this. I bet they won't now that Toyota is having issues. Just imagine some knuckle head reprograms this parameter and goes out and has a wreck and someone finds out the acceleration table was changed. The lawyers would have a field day.
just a little spotlight on Toyota, they never had a problem this was all a news media hype for every Toyota owner that wanted to get out of a ticket at 100 miles an hour on the freeway. NASA did a year-long study showing that there was nothing wrong with the foot pedal as for the accident in San Diego with the California Highway Patrol man this was due to the fact that all weather floor mats got stuck under the pedal and caused it to stick. If you ever had to deal with the media you will find that most of their ratings come from hype. Do you remember when the pit bulls were killing everybody. This is all you heard on the news for months has something changed does nobody have pit bulls now??
Old 07-24-2011, 03:48 PM
Joe_G
Tech Contributor

St. Jude Donor '08

just a little spotlight on Toyota, they never had a problem this was all a news media hype for every Toyota owner that wanted to get out of a ticket at 100 miles an hour on the freeway. NASA did a year-long study showing that there was nothing wrong with the foot pedal as for the accident in San Diego with the California Highway Patrol man this was due to the fact that all weather floor mats got stuck under the pedal and caused it to stick. If you ever had to deal with the media you will find that most of their ratings come from hype. Do you remember when the pit bulls were killing everybody. This is all you heard on the news for months has something changed does nobody have pit bulls now??
And of course, the father of them all, the Audi unintended acceleration.
Old 07-24-2011, 04:01 PM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Exactly. I had the Sprint Booster on my car for a couple of weeks and that's all it does, it simply brings the results of 1/2 or 3/4 throttle in at only 1/4 actual throttle depression.
It actually hurt me at the drag strip because it was causing my car to lurch forward (almost pushing me through the beams before the tree sequence started) while trying to stall it up to cut a good light.
If I wanted firmer seats I wouldn't buy new ones, I would simply pump up my tires more LOL.
Old 07-24-2011, 04:09 PM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

just a little spotlight on Toyota, they never had a problem this was all a news media hype for every Toyota owner that wanted to get out of a ticket at 100 miles an hour on the freeway. NASA did a year-long study showing that there was nothing wrong with the foot pedal as for the accident in San Diego with the California Highway Patrol man this was due to the fact that all weather floor mats got stuck under the pedal and caused it to stick. If you ever had to deal with the media you will find that most of their ratings come from hype.
Well, there's likely still more to that story than what we've heard (or haven't heard) from the media as well.
If there was no actual problem then why did Toyota technicians/engineers spend so much time trying to fix it? At one point even admitting that they'd discovered the problem (that supposedly didn't exist in the first place?) and had fixed it, blaming a supplier and not themselves of course.
Were they so desperate to get the focus off of the issue that they'd say anything just to try to put (spin) the public at ease?
It's not just the big bad media that does it, huge international corporations with LOTS to lose do it too.
Hype and smoke & mirror tricks work both ways too ya know.
Old 07-24-2011, 04:57 PM
EDinPA
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

'sprint booster' = $10 scam with a $300 price tag.

http://www.crosslake.net/~dbipes/spr...intBooster.pdf
Old 07-24-2011, 06:26 PM
FloydSummerOf68
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I could write another page long reply but to keep it simple definitely does not feel the same.
I would certainly like to see the page long reply explaining what it is the sprint booster is doing other than exactly what I stated. See below for a more technical statement on why it's worthless.

Originally Posted by EDinPA
'sprint booster' = $10 scam with a $300 price tag.

http://www.crosslake.net/~dbipes/spr...intBooster.pdf

That was a nice technical piece to explain what most of us already know.

The sprint booster does nothing that pushing your foot down 30% harder wouldn't do.

Quick Reply: Anyone Using the Sprint Booster Power Converter