C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Denver Area front end alignment

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 12:15 PM
jxhunte
Pro

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Denver Area front end alignment

Anyone in the Denver area able to recommend a shop for alignment of my 2006 Vert. I have just over 20K on the Goodyear Eagle F1's. I have wear on RF inside edge and LF both inside and outside edges of the Front tires. Tire wear is not even. I am looking to have alignment checked then I will go for new tires. Rear tires still look great for 20K with even wear. I will be replacing all with the Firestone Firehawk Wide Oval RFT.

Any Alignment Shop recommendations for the Denver, CO Area?
Old 08-09-2010, 12:19 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,478 Likes on 1,941 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

don't forget to post in the regional CF forum too.
Old 08-09-2010, 12:39 PM
thisismyusername
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A little out of the way, but check out Purifoy Chevy in For Lupton. They do a lot of work on Corvettes.
Old 08-09-2010, 05:44 PM
jxhunte
Pro

Support Corvetteforum!

When looking to have a flat fixed I received several recommendations for Purifoy Chevrolet. If I can't find anything closer or a shop that comes with a can't miss recommendation, I will probably give Purifoy a call. Thanks for the recomendation.
Old 08-09-2010, 11:12 PM
Solo2GS
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07

A great lil shop that I have used many times... The best part is that it is a pit you roll on, not up onto. Does custom alignments and doesn't mind you getting into the pit and helping out.

Elroy & Sons
1470 Chase Street
Lakewood, CO 80214

(303) 231-9320
Old 08-10-2010, 08:48 AM
bowtiguy
Melting Slicks

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by thisismyusername
A little out of the way, but check out Purifoy Chevy in For Lupton. They do a lot of work on Corvettes.
as long as your car is stock they should be able to help. after 4 hrs of waiting for the tech to "align" my C6Z I had to go out and help him finish it. ( and I installed the camber kit lower plates/bolts prior to the appointment)

Standard shop rate for an alignment $129.xx ( at 1.75 hrs)

They charged me 4 hrs X $95/hr.

I originally wanted both a street and track aligment that I could swap out between track events. but I didn;t want to pay for TWO at $400EACH!!!

I now do my own aligments at home. tire wear has been great both street/track since after 7,500 mles.

good luck in your search....
Old 08-10-2010, 09:52 AM
jxhunte
Pro

Support Corvetteforum!

First I want to thank everyone for their help and input. It appears there are several good shops in the Denver Area. The Tire Source at 2828 30th St in Boulder, Elroy & Sons at Colfax & Chase followed by Purifoy. The Tire Source in Boulder is Tire Rack friendly, mounting new tires, balancing and performing alignments for a reasonable price. My plan is to contact The Tire Source and have them install my new tires and perform the alignment. If I were just needing an alignment I would go with Elroy & Sons. Purifoy, while doing good work is by far the most expensive.

Get notified of new replies

To Denver Area front end alignment

Quick Reply: Denver Area front end alignment