C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harmonic balancer not covered?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 05:28 PM
thetight
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Harmonic balancer not covered?

Ok so I noticed my harmonic balancer / crank pulley has a wobble to it. I've got a few months left on my powertrain warranty still so stopped by the dealership today and they tell me that it's not covered under the factory warranty. My car is an 07 with 56k. Any ideas on what I should do? Call gm or was the service person I spoke with an idiot?
Old 04-26-2012, 05:54 PM
ricknyc23
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its covered for sure. Just got mine done. Make sure when they replace it they use the new and improved balancer, not one that has been sitting on their shelves...

Originally Posted by thetight
Ok so I noticed my harmonic balancer / crank pulley has a wobble to it. I've got a few months left on my powertrain warranty still so stopped by the dealership today and they tell me that it's not covered under the factory warranty. My car is an 07 with 56k. Any ideas on what I should do? Call gm or was the service person I spoke with an idiot?
Old 04-26-2012, 07:47 PM
glenB
Safety Car

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09 & '12, '14

Engine

Cylinder head, block, timing gears, timing chain, timing cover, oil pump/oil pump housing, OHC carriers, valve covers, oil pan, seals, gaskets, turbocharger, supercharger and all internal lubricated parts as well as manifolds, flywheel, water pump, harmonic balancer and engine mount,. Timing belts are covered until the first scheduled maintenance interval.

GM will tell you it's not covered based on the nomenclature, they call it a Crankshaft Balancer, and, technically it's not listed as such, but, as the previous poster has stated, some have had them covered.
Old 04-27-2012, 01:21 AM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

Either find another dealership OR call the customer assistance hotline and ask them why its not covered!!!

IT IS COVERED!

Please let us know how you make out.

BC

Get notified of new replies

To Harmonic balancer not covered?

Quick Reply: Harmonic balancer not covered?