C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vitesse Throttle Controller - Wow!

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2017, 09:40 PM
Patsgarage
Team Owner

Received 1,596 Likes on 1,074 Posts

Originally Posted by Dcasole
Agreed and another benefit for A6 owners is, because of this flatting out of this throttle curve the relationship between how much throttle VERSE trans shift points changes

At mid throttle points , the trans will hold each gear longer with the smaller amount of pedal travel making the car that much more responsive ....

So instead of the quick shift we experience out of 1st and 2nd the trans holds the gears longer....

Dave
Great point. I have driven several A6 cars and have always been put off by the shift points. It makes sense that changing the throttle input would also change the shift points.
Old 12-08-2017, 09:24 AM
hippy
Le Mans Master

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

25 % = 25% 50% = 50% and so on ....keep turning it up and 25 % becomes 35% , 50% is 65% , 75 is 90 ......

now everybody says they can just push harder and do the same thing are so wrong , no matter what you do u cannot overcome the lag just by pushing harder , with a throttle booster the engine response is instantaneous...
Dave
I disagree with your last statement. Pushing the pedal further does do the exact same thing. You said so yourself in your % data above. All it does is change what % of throttle body opening you get at a particular throttle pedal position, that is it. I've driven it so I guess I can talk about it too.
Old 12-08-2017, 10:34 AM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

Received 2,241 Likes on 1,634 Posts

Originally Posted by hippy
I disagree with your last statement. Pushing the pedal further does do the exact same thing. You said so yourself in your % data above. All it does is change what % of throttle body opening you get at a particular throttle pedal position, that is it. I've driven it so I guess I can talk about it too.
I give ... you win ....

you are entitled to your opinion and I respect that ....

but remember Chuck Cow , Vitesse and Sprint have sold thousands of boosters , everybody else is wrong .......

Silly me , I spent $179.00 and I could have done the same thing with my right foot .....OMG

Surely you don't understand how the gas pedal signal is interacting with the throttle and TCM controllers ....
Dave

Last edited by Dcasole; 12-08-2017 at 11:40 AM.
Old 12-08-2017, 11:39 AM
OregonMike
Pro

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts

They don't work on the 05 models though eh?

I thought they sounded kind of cheesy until I read through this thread. I see a bunch in the classifieds forum here but it's looking like, for the Vitesse anyway, that it's 06 & up.
Old 12-08-2017, 11:55 AM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by OregonMike
They don't work on the 05 models though eh?

I thought they sounded kind of cheesy until I read through this thread. I see a bunch in the classifieds forum here but it's looking like, for the Vitesse anyway, that it's 06 & up.
You can go with a COW Booster or I think the Sprint Booster works with an 05

Dave
The following users liked this post:
OregonMike (12-08-2017)
Old 12-08-2017, 01:46 PM
C5Natie
Safety Car

Received 132 Likes on 64 Posts

yeah , mine is in a hard place to see also ...

you are right the mid throttle response is great, I also use mine at the track , if the grip is good I set to sp7 , if not I set it down to zero or 1 ....

Dave
Verified that it's showing throttle percentage as you drive.
Old 12-08-2017, 03:35 PM
hippy
Le Mans Master

I give ... you win ....

you are entitled to your opinion and I respect that ....

but remember Chuck Cow , Vitesse and Sprint have sold thousands of boosters , everybody else is wrong .......

Silly me , I spent $179.00 and I could have done the same thing with my right foot .....OMG

Surely you don't understand how the gas pedal signal is interacting with the throttle and TCM controllers ....
Dave
I do believe I understand how the gas pedal interacts with the throttle plate.

Stock 06 throttle map.

Map when car goes into reduced power.

Like you said you are entitled to your opinion and I am mine.
Old 12-08-2017, 04:35 PM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

I do believe I understand how the gas pedal interacts with the throttle plate.

Stock 06 throttle map.

Map when car goes into reduced power.

Like you said you are entitled to your opinion and I am mine.
You are pointing out the throttle lag or "reverse expo" ... no argument there, thanks for the screen shot , mind if I use it lol lol

but who wants to have to press their pedal 75 % to get 52 % blade opening then have it all rush in at the end .. the car feels like a dog and the response is mushy the first 50% or more ....if you slam you foot down past this mushyness you would be smoking your tires as the power comes in all at once

By smoothing out the pedal travel at the bottom to the blade opening is what makes the car feel better and more enjoyable verses having the rush at the end ....

Dave
Old 12-08-2017, 04:59 PM
hippy
Le Mans Master

Pushing the pedal further does do the exact same thing.

So I guess you're agreeing with what I said here.
Old 12-08-2017, 05:04 PM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

So I guess you're agreeing with what I said here.
No not at all ..... exactly the opposite..
Lets just agree to disagree .... and disagree with the thousands of people who have bought a booster over the years ......

Dave
Old 12-08-2017, 05:12 PM
hippy
Le Mans Master

No not at all ..... exactly the opposite..
Lets just agree to disagree .... and disagree with the thousands of people who have bought a booster over the years ......

Dave
Just because 1000's of people bought it doesn't make my statement wrong. I don't care if a million people bought it all it does is make the car think you're pushing the pedal down further than you are. Does that help you justify what you say because thousands bought it?
Well I bought it and didn't like that after 70% throttle all the fireworks were gone.
Old 12-09-2017, 02:04 PM
Blk 08 C6
Burning Brakes

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

re installing mine today.lol.going straight to setting at 9 on a blown car.
Old 12-10-2017, 01:35 AM
C5Natie
Safety Car

Received 132 Likes on 64 Posts

Been reading the last few posts and I'll say this, I know exactly how this device works and thats why I bought it. I like that I dont have to give it beyond half throttle to feel some power. Its easier to modulate power as well with the throttle now. The pedal doesnt feel dead for the first 1/3 of travel now so that makes it worth it to me. It makes the car more fun especially during spirited driving. To me its worth the money.
Old 12-10-2017, 08:40 AM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by C5Natie
Been reading the last few posts and I'll say this, I know exactly how this device works and thats why I bought it. I like that I dont have to give it beyond half throttle to feel some power. Its easier to modulate power as well with the throttle now. The pedal doesnt feel dead for the first 1/3 of travel now so that makes it worth it to me. It makes the car more fun especially during spirited driving. To me its worth the money.

Exactly. the reason why so many folks love a throttle controller
Dave
Old 12-10-2017, 02:13 PM
Blk 08 C6
Burning Brakes

yes it works.set mine right now at 5.drove it last night and punched it goin through each gear using paddles.no codes or reduced eng.I love this thing.puts a smile on my face.
Old 03-18-2018, 09:36 PM
the blur
Melting Slicks

Received 119 Likes on 87 Posts

I'm just hearing about this device for the 1st time. I will tell you.. since I had my 89, with the L98 motor, which has an actual throttle cable. There definitely is a delay. I'm from the old school days of carburetors, and when I 1st got my 1989, although I love the TPI low end torque, there is a delay. Maybe they program in a fuel injector delay. But it is there. Even my Suburban is lack luster throttle response.

I don't plan on getting this device, but the delay is there. I just thought it was in the electronics, but whatever, I believe it.
Old 03-19-2018, 03:08 AM
Blk 08 C6
Burning Brakes

update .I got greedy bump it up to 8.lol

Get notified of new replies

To Vitesse Throttle Controller - Wow!

Old 03-22-2018, 12:19 AM
tw78911sc
Pro

Received 73 Likes on 63 Posts

I had one in a 15 Camaro 1LE, it really helps on down shift blips and low RPM response, OEM settings are slow to rev motor, this really helps. My LS7 is tuned and I know this would help it as well, blips are so lazy
Old 05-03-2018, 02:27 PM
jimlikeschevys
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Guys, I'm no longer a Vette owner, but I do have a Pontiac G8 GT, which suffers from what us G8 guys call "GM Torque Management".

I don't have a problem with my throttle response when taking off from a stop or when going from x% throttle to y%, my problem is specifically when you go from a coasting condition to getting on the throttle, be it 30% or 100%. I have a noticeable delay, at least 1.5 seconds. Think of coasting up before making a left turn in front of oncoming traffic, you let a car go by, then you need to give it gas to get across the intersection before the next car t-bones you. Give some gas...and...nothing...nothing, wait for it, now GO!

In this case it doesn't matter if I've given it 30% throttle, or 100%. Doesn't matter if the trans is in Normal shift mode or Sport shift. Delay happens every time.

So I ask.... would the Vitesse fix this kind of problem, or am I S.O.L ??
Thanks
Old 05-03-2018, 03:04 PM
Patsgarage
Team Owner

Received 1,596 Likes on 1,074 Posts

Originally Posted by jimlikeschevys
Hi Guys, I'm no longer a Vette owner, but I do have a Pontiac G8 GT, which suffers from what us G8 guys call "GM Torque Management".

I don't have a problem with my throttle response when taking off from a stop or when going from x% throttle to y%, my problem is specifically when you go from a coasting condition to getting on the throttle, be it 30% or 100%. I have a noticeable delay, at least 1.5 seconds. Think of coasting up before making a left turn in front of oncoming traffic, you let a car go by, then you need to give it gas to get across the intersection before the next car t-bones you. Give some gas...and...nothing...nothing, wait for it, now GO!

In this case it doesn't matter if I've given it 30% throttle, or 100%. Doesn't matter if the trans is in Normal shift mode or Sport shift. Delay happens every time.

So I ask.... would the Vitesse fix this kind of problem, or am I S.O.L ??
Thanks
Before you buy anything I would hook up a scanner that reads live data and watch it (while having someone else drive ) and see if tour pedal input matches the throttle response, which is the main complaint that the Vitesse resolves. The torque management might be doing more than just lagging the throttle, in which cast the Vitesse will not help.

Quick Reply: Vitesse Throttle Controller - Wow!