Vitesse Throttle Controller - Wow! - Page 47 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion



C6 Tech/Performance
LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vitesse Throttle Controller - Wow!

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-07-2017, 10:40 PM   #921
Patsgarage
CF Senior Member
 
Patsgarage's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2012
Location: Outside the Quick Stop N.J.
Posts: 5,223
Thanked 215 Times in 203 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcasole View Post
Agreed and another benefit for A6 owners is, because of this flatting out of this throttle curve the relationship between how much throttle VERSE trans shift points changes

At mid throttle points , the trans will hold each gear longer with the smaller amount of pedal travel making the car that much more responsive ....

So instead of the quick shift we experience out of 1st and 2nd the trans holds the gears longer....

Dave
Great point. I have driven several A6 cars and have always been put off by the shift points. It makes sense that changing the throttle input would also change the shift points.
Patsgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 10:24 AM   #922
hippy
CF Senior Member
 
hippy's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2000
Posts: 7,005
Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcasole View Post

25 % = 25% 50% = 50% and so on ....keep turning it up and 25 % becomes 35% , 50% is 65% , 75 is 90 ......

now everybody says they can just push harder and do the same thing are so wrong , no matter what you do u cannot overcome the lag just by pushing harder , with a throttle booster the engine response is instantaneous...
Dave
I disagree with your last statement. Pushing the pedal further does do the exact same thing. You said so yourself in your % data above. All it does is change what % of throttle body opening you get at a particular throttle pedal position, that is it. I've driven it so I guess I can talk about it too.
hippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 11:34 AM   #923
Dcasole
CF Senior Member
 
Dcasole's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2014
Posts: 3,142
Thanked 435 Times in 388 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippy View Post
I disagree with your last statement. Pushing the pedal further does do the exact same thing. You said so yourself in your % data above. All it does is change what % of throttle body opening you get at a particular throttle pedal position, that is it. I've driven it so I guess I can talk about it too.
I give ... you win ....

you are entitled to your opinion and I respect that ....

but remember Chuck Cow , Vitesse and Sprint have sold thousands of boosters , everybody else is wrong .......

Silly me , I spent $179.00 and I could have done the same thing with my right foot .....OMG

Surely you don't understand how the gas pedal signal is interacting with the throttle and TCM controllers ....
Dave

Last edited by Dcasole; 12-08-2017 at 12:40 PM.
Dcasole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 12:39 PM   #924
OregonMike
CF Senior Member
 
OregonMike's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2017
Location: Eugene Oregon
Posts: 406
Thanked 42 Times in 38 Posts
Default

They don't work on the 05 models though eh?

I thought they sounded kind of cheesy until I read through this thread. I see a bunch in the classifieds forum here but it's looking like, for the Vitesse anyway, that it's 06 & up.
OregonMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 12:55 PM   #925
Dcasole
CF Senior Member
 
Dcasole's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2014
Posts: 3,142
Thanked 435 Times in 388 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonMike View Post
They don't work on the 05 models though eh?

I thought they sounded kind of cheesy until I read through this thread. I see a bunch in the classifieds forum here but it's looking like, for the Vitesse anyway, that it's 06 & up.
You can go with a COW Booster or I think the Sprint Booster works with an 05

Dave
Dcasole is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dcasole For This Useful Post:
OregonMike (12-08-2017)
Old 12-08-2017, 02:46 PM   #926
C5Natie
CF Senior Member
 
C5Natie's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2007
Location: SoCal CA
Posts: 3,393
Thanked 29 Times in 28 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcasole View Post
yeah , mine is in a hard place to see also ...

you are right the mid throttle response is great, I also use mine at the track , if the grip is good I set to sp7 , if not I set it down to zero or 1 ....

Dave
Verified that it's showing throttle percentage as you drive.
C5Natie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 04:35 PM   #927
hippy
CF Senior Member
 
hippy's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2000
Posts: 7,005
Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcasole View Post
I give ... you win ....

you are entitled to your opinion and I respect that ....

but remember Chuck Cow , Vitesse and Sprint have sold thousands of boosters , everybody else is wrong .......

Silly me , I spent $179.00 and I could have done the same thing with my right foot .....OMG

Surely you don't understand how the gas pedal signal is interacting with the throttle and TCM controllers ....
Dave
I do believe I understand how the gas pedal interacts with the throttle plate.



Stock 06 throttle map.



Map when car goes into reduced power.


Like you said you are entitled to your opinion and I am mine.
hippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 05:35 PM   #928
Dcasole
CF Senior Member
 
Dcasole's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2014
Posts: 3,142
Thanked 435 Times in 388 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippy View Post
I do believe I understand how the gas pedal interacts with the throttle plate.



Stock 06 throttle map.



Map when car goes into reduced power.

Like you said you are entitled to your opinion and I am mine.
You are pointing out the throttle lag or "reverse expo" ... no argument there, thanks for the screen shot , mind if I use it lol lol

but who wants to have to press their pedal 75 % to get 52 % blade opening then have it all rush in at the end .. the car feels like a dog and the response is mushy the first 50% or more ....if you slam you foot down past this mushyness you would be smoking your tires as the power comes in all at once

By smoothing out the pedal travel at the bottom to the blade opening is what makes the car feel better and more enjoyable verses having the rush at the end ....

Dave
Dcasole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 05:59 PM   #929
hippy
CF Senior Member
 
hippy's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2000
Posts: 7,005
Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippy View Post
Pushing the pedal further does do the exact same thing.

So I guess you're agreeing with what I said here.
hippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 06:04 PM   #930
Dcasole
CF Senior Member
 
Dcasole's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2014
Posts: 3,142
Thanked 435 Times in 388 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippy View Post
So I guess you're agreeing with what I said here.
No not at all ..... exactly the opposite..
Lets just agree to disagree .... and disagree with the thousands of people who have bought a booster over the years ......

Dave
Dcasole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 06:12 PM   #931
hippy
CF Senior Member
 
hippy's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2000
Posts: 7,005
Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcasole View Post
No not at all ..... exactly the opposite..
Lets just agree to disagree .... and disagree with the thousands of people who have bought a booster over the years ......

Dave
Just because 1000's of people bought it doesn't make my statement wrong. I don't care if a million people bought it all it does is make the car think you're pushing the pedal down further than you are. Does that help you justify what you say because thousands bought it?
Well I bought it and didn't like that after 70% throttle all the fireworks were gone.
hippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 03:04 PM   #932
Blk 08 C6
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
Blk 08 C6's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2010
Location: Honolulu Hawaii
Posts: 1,085
Thanks: 0
Thanked 39 Times in 39 Posts
Default

re installing mine today.lol.going straight to setting at 9 on a blown car.
Blk 08 C6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 02:35 AM   #933
C5Natie
CF Senior Member
 
C5Natie's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2007
Location: SoCal CA
Posts: 3,393
Thanked 29 Times in 28 Posts
Default

Been reading the last few posts and I'll say this, I know exactly how this device works and thats why I bought it. I like that I dont have to give it beyond half throttle to feel some power. Its easier to modulate power as well with the throttle now. The pedal doesnt feel dead for the first 1/3 of travel now so that makes it worth it to me. It makes the car more fun especially during spirited driving. To me its worth the money.
C5Natie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 09:40 AM   #934
Dcasole
CF Senior Member
 
Dcasole's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2014
Posts: 3,142
Thanked 435 Times in 388 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C5Natie View Post
Been reading the last few posts and I'll say this, I know exactly how this device works and thats why I bought it. I like that I dont have to give it beyond half throttle to feel some power. Its easier to modulate power as well with the throttle now. The pedal doesnt feel dead for the first 1/3 of travel now so that makes it worth it to me. It makes the car more fun especially during spirited driving. To me its worth the money.

Exactly. the reason why so many folks love a throttle controller
Dave
Dcasole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 03:13 PM   #935
Blk 08 C6
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
Blk 08 C6's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2010
Location: Honolulu Hawaii
Posts: 1,085
Thanks: 0
Thanked 39 Times in 39 Posts
Default

yes it works.set mine right now at 5.drove it last night and punched it goin through each gear using paddles.no codes or reduced eng.I love this thing.puts a smile on my face.
Blk 08 C6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion >
Reload this Page
  • Vitesse Throttle Controller - Wow!
  •  
     
    Reply

    Related Topics
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Tell us how you really feel about throttle response? baege C7 General Discussion 130 01-20-2017 01:52 AM
    C7 throttle response Patches C7 General Discussion 78 01-22-2016 07:54 PM
    CoW WOW! not even close! Southmsfiveo C6 Corvette General Discussion 113 01-22-2016 12:16 AM


    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Search this Thread:

    Click for Advanced Search

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are Off
    Pingbacks are Off
    Refbacks are Off

    Forum Jump

    Sponsored Ads
    Vendor Directory

    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:12 AM.


    We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
     
    • Ask a Question
      Get answers from community experts
    Question Title:
    Description:
    Your question will be posted in: