C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tick Performance Cam question.

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2015, 03:43 PM
DroppinLs1Vette
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Tick Performance Cam question.

Hello, and thanks in advance!

I plan on purchasing a Tick Performance cam this week. My tuner recommended Tick Performance and has seen great results with their cams. Currently, I own a 2006 ls2 Z51 corvette with a 6 speed manual and 3.42 rear end. Right now, the car just has a cold air intake, and full exhaust (long tubes), with no cats on it. I was contemplating which cam to go with. I was originally looking at the Street Heat stage 2 cam, but then I heard great reviews about the SNS stage 2 and 3 cams. I previously owned an 07 ls2 corvette with a LG g5x3 cam in it, and I loved it. I'm looking for something similar, that makes big power, and good driveability. I've called up there a few times, but I'm stuck in between the SNS stage 2 and 3 cam. Is the stage 3's driveability much worse? Valve train life,stop lights, etc? I drive my vette 5 days a week, but have another work "beater" if needed. If the stage 3 is similiar to the LG g5x3, or even a tad bit more aggressive, I'd be okay with it. I'm at the point where I don't want to get one too small and be unhappy, but I don't want the driveability to be terrible as well. I'm perfectly fine with it being a chopping, and some surging, but don't want it to be a 'race car", or have to put 4.10 gears in it so it drive decent on the low end.
Does any one currently have a similar set up or opinions on it?

Last edited by DroppinLs1Vette; 10-23-2015 at 04:15 PM.
Old 10-23-2015, 10:07 PM
DroppinLs1Vette
Pro

Ttt
Old 10-24-2015, 08:44 AM
Pitufina
Drifting

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

I have a custom tick cam, but mine is also an ls3. It was spec'd when the plan was to stay na. Fast forward today the engine is supercharged and the same cam is still there and the manners aren't really that bad. The lobes are eps/lxl.

The interesting part is that you live in belleville, so you are just around the corner. Pm me and maybe we can get together.
Old 10-24-2015, 02:05 PM
DroppinLs1Vette
Pro

Okay cool. I'll shoot you a pm now.
Old 10-24-2015, 10:05 PM
DroppinLs1Vette
Pro

ttt
Old 10-25-2015, 11:51 AM
Millenium Z06

Received 312 Likes on 246 Posts

Martin at Tick can spec a cam for your combo, I'd do that as opposed to getting an off the shelf cam. Let him design something that suited for your driving and intended use.
Old 10-25-2015, 08:55 PM
DroppinLs1Vette
Pro

Ttt
Old 10-25-2015, 09:26 PM
booztd3
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

martin at tick is no longer there . you need to contact martin smallwood on facebook as he is branching off on his own . He is the guy you need to get a cam from .
Old 10-25-2015, 09:39 PM
DroppinLs1Vette
Pro

Originally Posted by booztd3
martin at tick is no longer there . you need to contact martin smallwood on facebook as he is branching off on his own . He is the guy you need to get a cam from .
That makes sense why I never received a reply back from him. Thanks for the info.
Old 10-26-2015, 04:58 PM
DroppinLs1Vette
Pro

I ended up talking to Matt at Tick Performance and went with the Tick Performance "SNS" torqueMAX Stage 2 Cam. He was extremely helpful. Looking forward to getting it installed.

Last edited by DroppinLs1Vette; 10-27-2015 at 12:03 PM.
Old 10-27-2015, 12:07 PM
DroppinLs1Vette
Pro

Well I got a hold of Martin today. It looks like he branched out and opened up is own place. It's called Smallwood Race Development if anyone wants to get a hold of him. He's extremely helpful and knowledgeable. Actually designed all of the Tick cams. Also, after talking with him, and going over the specs of each cam, and what I wanted, I called Tick back and changed my order to the SNS Torque Max stage 3.
Old 11-16-2015, 08:28 AM
Plaincoupe
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DroppinLs1Vette
Well I got a hold of Martin today. It looks like he branched out and opened up is own place. It's called Smallwood Race Development if anyone wants to get a hold of him. He's extremely helpful and knowledgeable. Actually designed all of the Tick cams. Also, after talking with him, and going over the specs of each cam, and what I wanted, I called Tick back and changed my order to the SNS Torque Max stage 3.
That's a very good cam! I love it and it performs
Old 11-20-2015, 09:23 AM
0Joey@Tick
Former Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I ended up talking to Matt at Tick Performance and went with the Tick Performance "SNS" torqueMAX Stage 2 Cam. He was extremely helpful. Looking forward to getting it installed.
It is true that Martin is no longer a member of the staff here at Tick Performance, but Matt and a few others here on staff have stepped up big time to keep customer service top notch. We appreciate your order, DroppinLs1Vette!

Anybody with questions about any of our camshafts can shoot our friendly staff an email at support@tickperformance.com or call us at 336-719-0599 - our entire Elite Series of Camshafts offers something for everybody.

Get notified of new replies

To Tick Performance Cam question.

Quick Reply: Tick Performance Cam question.