C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Driver Info Center, C6

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2018, 07:49 PM
Kingstonontario
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Driver Info Center, C6

When I turn on the ignition the display reads "ACCESSORY MODE ON".When I press any of the DIC buttons, nothing happens. When I start the motor, ever thing works fine. Is this normal?
Old 03-31-2018, 12:06 AM
Dano523
Race Director

Received 3,018 Likes on 2,174 Posts

Originally Posted by Kingstonontario
When I turn on the ignition the display reads "ACCESSORY MODE ON".When I press any of the DIC buttons, nothing happens. When I start the motor, ever thing works fine. Is this normal?

Yes, just a single press on the bottom of the start button if the car was shut off, puts the car into Acc mode (right red light will come one).
Note, you press on the top of the starter button to start the car.

If you press and hold the bottom of the starter button for about 5 seconds, then it will put the car into run mode, motor off, and the DIC button will now work.

Hence DIC does not work in ACC mode for button use.

Also to point out, if you have heated seats, they will not work/ heat up until the motor is running!!!! They draw too much power, and would kill the battery in no time flat without the motor running to recharge the battery.

Last edited by Dano523; 03-31-2018 at 12:07 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Kingstonontario (03-31-2018)

Quick Reply: Driver Info Center, C6