C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 Performance upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2018, 11:57 PM
mikeCsix
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 202 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by HOXXOH
'07 to a '09 is not much difference in price for the car, but a big difference in areas that accept additional power. Just the bare block alone is stronger and breathes better than even the '08 block. If you want big power, start with a good block. I'm not saying you can't make some good power with a LS2, but it's just easier, cheaper, and more reliable with a LS3.
Exactly right, when Katech builds their race motors regardless of displacement, they use the LS-3 block.
Old 08-06-2018, 10:40 PM
BlueVetteGS
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jaybee924
When I get my car back I will have a Hooker Blackheart NPP axleback for sale off of my 2011 Grand Sport.
Why are you selling your Hooker Blackheart NPP axle back exhaust what is it about the setup you don't like?
Old 08-07-2018, 05:49 AM
jaybee924
Burning Brakes

Received 90 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueVetteGS
Why are you selling your Hooker Blackheart NPP axle back exhaust what is it about the setup you don't like?
Nothing I found some billy boat fusions with the oval tips I always wanted, so that's what I'm going with. The Heartbeat sounds good, valves and everything works like it should.
Old 08-07-2018, 12:03 PM
BlueVetteGS
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jaybee924
Nothing I found some billy boat fusions with the oval tips I always wanted, so that's what I'm going with. The Heartbeat sounds good, valves and everything works like it should.
Thanks for the reply I too have the Blackheart on my 2012 GS and I removed the muffler and reinstall the oem muffler along with the 3" over axle pipe that came with the Blackheart my reason is the sound inside the cabin is too deep and interfering with my music while cruising at 70 to 80 mph with the flaps closed - and so I'm considering selling just the muffler without the over axle pipe.

Quick Reply: C6 Performance upgrades