Notices
C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mild to Wild / NPP In A Box

Old 06-08-2019, 11:44 PM
gpruitt54
CF Senior Member

Received 73 Likes on 57 Posts

Question about NPP in a Box. What version of the product are being sold currently? I ask because I saw one system which seemed to have a smaller sized box and I wondered if there maybe issues with one version over the other.
Old 06-09-2019, 07:45 AM
CDaniel525
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gpruitt54 View Post
Question about NPP in a Box. What version of the product are being sold currently? I ask because I saw one system which seemed to have a smaller sized box and I wondered if there maybe issues with one version over the other.
If you car originally came with NPP or Z06 mufflers and is controlled by the car RPM and you want to take manual control you need this kit....
https://www.southerncarparts.com/cor...tch-p-231.html

If your car never came with NPP or Z06 mufflers and you retrofitting them, you need the kit L98Iroc-S referenced above.
https://www.southerncarparts.com/cor...st-p-2724.html
The following users liked this post:
gpruitt54 (06-09-2019)
Old 06-11-2019, 10:42 PM
gpruitt54
CF Senior Member

I finally got my hands on the NPPs I was hoping to buy. These were taking up space in a club member's garage, and I got them for a song. These are from a 2011 Grand Sport. Polished the tips a bit, and the chrome looks pretty good. Will run them in the open position for now. I'll go ahead and order the NPP in a Box with the EZ Tap feature.

Old 06-11-2019, 11:22 PM
jimijam
CF Senior Member

Received 192 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by CDaniel525 View Post
If your car never came with NPP or Z06 mufflers and you retrofitting them, you need the kit L98Iroc-S referenced above.
https://www.southerncarparts.com/cor...st-p-2724.html
and be advised if/when ordering it from that vendor...they do not have those in stock and you won't get an email stating so after your order. you will get around to requesting a status because you haven't received a shipping confirmation, at which time they will respond that they are still making it and will ship out next week. appears they build to order, so they probably have to wait on the parts from amazon just like you would have to do if you built your own kit.

the chrome looks pretty good
That is not chrome.
Old 06-11-2019, 11:29 PM
gpruitt54
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by jimijam View Post
and be advised if/when ordering it from that vendor...they do not have those in stock and you won't get an email stating so after your order. you will get around to requesting a status because you haven't received a shipping confirmation, at which time they will respond that they are still making it and will ship out next week. appears they build to order, so they probably have to wait on the parts from amazon just like you would have to do if you built your own kit.

That is not chrome.
Then it is stainless? OK Cool. I was trying to get rid of the scuff marks.
Old 06-12-2019, 11:11 AM
L98IROCZ89
CF Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by jimijam View Post
Not disagreeing with anyone's experience but wanted to share that I ordered my NPP In A Box from Southern Car Parts on Thursday 6/6 and recieved on Monday 6/10.

Apparently, they do keep the parts on the shelves as individual parts and assemble the kits after they are ordered based on the options you choose, i.e. with vacuum lines for a car that wasnt originally NPP vs without vacuum lines for a car that was originally NPP, LS2 vs LS3 and with E-Z Tap vs without E-Z Tap. This came up when I called to change my shipping address.

~John
Old 06-12-2019, 12:02 PM
old motorhead
CF Senior Member

Received 163 Likes on 147 Posts

I have an EZ tap if anyone needs one. Never used. I ordered my NPP in a box from Southern Car Parts on April 22nd. It just showed up Monday of this week.
The following users liked this post:
jimijam (06-12-2019)
Old 06-12-2019, 07:05 PM
gpruitt54
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by L98IROCZ89 View Post
Not disagreeing with anyone's experience but wanted to share that I ordered my NPP In A Box from Southern Car Parts on Thursday 6/6 and recieved on Monday 6/10.

Apparently, they do keep the parts on the shelves as individual parts and assemble the kits after they are ordered based on the options you choose, i.e. with vacuum lines for a car that wasnt originally NPP vs without vacuum lines for a car that was originally NPP, LS2 vs LS3 and with E-Z Tap vs without E-Z Tap. This came up when I called to change my shipping address.

~John
I currently have an NPP in a Box w/ EZ Tap, setting in my cart on the Southern Car Parts website. Was planning to pull the trigger today after first call them to confirm that the item was in stock. Thanks for sharing your experience.
Old 06-12-2019, 07:51 PM
gpruitt54
CF Senior Member

It has been at least a year from the time I stated this first step in the project. But, I finally bought a muffler set and installed the NPPs on the car through a local muffler shop. Now, I will order and install the NPP in a Box kit to complete step 2. Could not be happier with the sound of the valves when open all the time. However, they do drone on the expressway. Closing the valves using the NPP in a Box will solve the expressway driving drone.

Old 06-12-2019, 10:17 PM
jimijam
CF Senior Member

Received 192 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by L98IROCZ89 View Post
You probably got the one they allegedly started a day before I cancelled by order, which was right before Memorial Day.

Last edited by jimijam; 06-12-2019 at 10:18 PM.
Old 06-12-2019, 11:50 PM
gpruitt54
CF Senior Member

Now that the NPP exhaust is installed on my 2006 C6, I will be ordering the NPP in a Box right away. I intend to buy and use the EZ Tap option. I don't intent to run the vacuum hoses down the tunnel under the car. I don't want to run rubber vacuum hoses in such proximity to hot exhausts and cats. I recall reading where some one ran the hoses along the passenger side of the car maybe along the frame. I am looking for the article, but have not located it.

Has anyone here completed the installation by running the vacuum lines in this way?
Old 06-13-2019, 06:55 AM
CDaniel525
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now that the NPP exhaust is installed on my 2006 C6, I will be ordering the NPP in a Box right away. I intend to buy and use the EZ Tap option. I don't intent to run the vacuum hoses down the tunnel under the car. I don't want to run rubber vacuum hoses in such proximity to hot exhausts and cats. I recall reading where some one ran the hoses along the passenger side of the car maybe along the frame. I am looking for the article, but have not located it.

Has anyone here completed the installation by running the vacuum lines in this way?
I had mine installed on '08 with headers, catless xpipe, and ZO6 mufflers with the hose through the tunnel for about 4 or 5 years and never had an issue...

gpruitt.... in the pic above, what is above your black rear valance between the red paint? It almost looks like small LED bulbs every few inches? Or is it just some sort of reflection
Old 06-13-2019, 10:13 AM
gpruitt54
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by CDaniel525 View Post
I had mine installed on '08 with headers, catless xpipe, and ZO6 mufflers with the hose through the tunnel for about 4 or 5 years and never had an issue...

gpruitt.... in the pic above, what is above your black rear valance between the red paint? It almost looks like small LED bulbs every few inches? Or is it just some sort of reflection
Unless, I cannot find another route for the lines, I need to run the vacuum lines in a location other than the tunnel. This project has been months in the making, with delays for various reasons. Months ago, I read where someone ran the lines inside the car and along the passenger side. I should have saved the location of that article.

On the rear valance are a row of LEDs. They turn on with my side cove LEDs.
Old 06-13-2019, 11:38 AM
realcanuk
CF Senior Member

Received 333 Likes on 309 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

You can run lines in the rocker panel.
Old 06-13-2019, 06:00 PM
gpruitt54
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by realcanuk View Post
You can run lines in the rocker panel.
I kind of figured that might an option. Here is the big question.

Where to you drill the hole to get the vacuum line in side the card from the engine compartment?

Last edited by gpruitt54; 06-13-2019 at 10:21 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Mild to Wild / NPP In A Box

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: