C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another failed 2005 BCM

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2023, 11:17 AM
Orion2011
Burning Brakes

Received 173 Likes on 130 Posts

It's a hail Mary but try replacing that capacitor. 2005-2007 are right in the year range for bad caps.

Capacitor Plague
Old 10-14-2023, 01:08 PM
J.Abbott
Racer

Received 67 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by OGGKillerPoodle
One off eBay, one through a diagnostic shop's "source", and one from Corvette Recycling. I have the one from Corvette Recycling in and everything works except the airbag light is on due to a "option programming error"
Ok you need to purchase from Dino. So the issue with my contact is he wants to deal with businesses and not individuals. If you knew how busy he was you would understand. So what I would suggest is send all the ones back to where you bought them that do not work. If you still have your original then send that to Dino and they can pull the original programming off of it and install it on a good working BCM.
Old 10-14-2023, 08:15 PM
J.Abbott
Racer

I'm not even sure where to start on this because it is so long I could not keep up all the way through it. Yes a used BCM can be reprogrammed but it has to be done with the correct software and knowledge. Refer to what I said above and go through Dino's salvage for the BCM's. He is using my friend who does this but I can't give out his information, sorry.
Justin
Old 10-14-2023, 09:06 PM
crowell
Cruising

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by J.Abbott
I'm not even sure where to start on this because it is so long I could not keep up all the way through it. Yes a used BCM can be reprogrammed but it has to be done with the correct software and knowledge. Refer to what I said above and go through Dino's salvage for the BCM's. He is using my friend who does this but I can't give out his information, sorry.
Justin
My friend you are in the U.S. and while I am sure your friend knows what he is doing and is good at it this really is not practical or feasable for members of this forum who are in Canada or elsewhere. My post although long ( the first sentence warned of that ) was more to INFORM others of what will NOT work so that they are not spending countless hours and dollars trying what will not work. I know what works and what does not and there are a few up here that can do the same as your friend is doing. My post has been removed I am starting to notice a trend with people having a hard time with posts that are longer than 2 sentences not only mine but others as well.
Old 10-14-2023, 09:37 PM
J.Abbott
Racer

Originally Posted by crowell
My friend you are in the U.S. and while I am sure your friend knows what he is doing and is good at it this really is not practical or feasable for members of this forum who are in Canada or elsewhere. My post although long ( the first sentence warned of that ) was more to INFORM others of what will NOT work so that they are not spending countless hours and dollars trying what will not work. I know what works and what does not and there are a few up here that can do the same as your friend is doing. My post has been removed I am starting to notice a trend with people having a hard time with posts that are longer than 2 sentences not only mine but others as well.
Its not that it is a long post, it is that you kept saying the same thing over and over. Yes lots of Canadian owners on having these same issues. Shipping is not that much in the scheme of things to get fixed correctly though, you can buy several used BCM's and then pay the shipping vs having it fixed the first time. I hope you can get yours fixed but there is already someone in the U.S. that is successful in doing it so why wait around to see if someone locally to you can do it? Either way good luck to you and hope you get your issue figured out.
Justin
Old 10-14-2023, 11:13 PM
crowell
Cruising

Originally Posted by J.Abbott
Its not that it is a long post, it is that you kept saying the same thing over and over. Yes lots of Canadian owners on having these same issues. Shipping is not that much in the scheme of things to get fixed correctly though, you can buy several used BCM's and then pay the shipping vs having it fixed the first time. I hope you can get yours fixed but there is already someone in the U.S. that is successful in doing it so why wait around to see if someone locally to you can do it? Either way good luck to you and hope you get your issue figured out.
Justin
you missed something ...mine IS fixed, I wasnt the poster that bought several BCMs ...

Last edited by crowell; 10-15-2023 at 04:37 PM.
Old 10-15-2023, 09:47 AM
J.Abbott
Racer

Originally Posted by crowell
you missed something ...mine IS fixed, I wasnt the poster that bought several BCMs ...

"Ok you need to purchase from Dino. So the issue with my contact is he wants to deal with businesses and not individuals"
"Ok you need to purchase from Dino. So the issue with my contact is he wants to deal with businesses and not individuals"
Oh that is good then.
Old 10-15-2023, 03:11 PM
erikszr1
Melting Slicks

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts

im willing to bet many of these bcm and other electrical failures could have been avoided buy not jump starting or attempting to start these cars with a dead or weak battery.........ive seen it many times only after it was done then having issues.
The following users liked this post:
crowell (10-15-2023)
Old 10-15-2023, 05:05 PM
crowell
Cruising

Originally Posted by erikszr1
im willing to bet many of these bcm and other electrical failures could have been avoided buy not jump starting or attempting to start these cars with a dead or weak battery.........ive seen it many times only after it was done then having issues.
you are ABSOLUTELY right ! how many times have you and I also heard " whada ya mean I need a battery it starts fine you guys are just trying to sell me extra work " ? I know thats what took mine out, it went to a friends with a storage building beside the shop for the winter who said he would disconnect the battery for me ( I was going to pull it / bring a new one when I picked up ) he might have to move a few cars around... to keep it short spring came and " oh she fired right up when I put the neg back on " 🙄🙄🙄 THANKS f
Not the only cause of failures but definitely a huge contributor.
Old 10-16-2023, 07:11 PM
J.Abbott
Racer

Originally Posted by erikszr1
That is also the biggest killer of the PCM in the C4's. I have seen PCM's where the entire circuitry of the PCM was lifted off the board. Usually hooked up backwards as well.
The following users liked this post:
crowell (10-16-2023)

Quick Reply: Another failed 2005 BCM