C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RPM’s seem slow to drop…

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2024, 08:08 PM
Trickyyy_d
Cruising

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RPM’s seem slow to drop…

I recently installed a catch can and took the throttle body off to clean along with the inside of the manifold. I did this because I threw a cam in it and wanted to clean it before the tune. After doing so when cruising at low rpm’s after letting off the gas it seems like it takes about 2 seconds before the rpm’s actually start dropping. Never noticed it before I took the TB off and put the catch can on.

Is it just the infamous “rev hang” I’m feeling and it’s more noticeable now or is it some sort of PCV leak or an issue with the TB?
Old 05-02-2024, 08:18 PM
torquetube
Le Mans Master

Received 659 Likes on 477 Posts

Originally Posted by Trickyyy_d
I recently installed a catch can and took the throttle body off to clean along with the inside of the manifold. I did this because I threw a cam in it and wanted to clean it before the tune. After doing so when cruising at low rpm’s after letting off the gas it seems like it takes about 2 seconds before the rpm’s actually start dropping. Never noticed it before I took the TB off and put the catch can on.

Is it just the infamous “rev hang” I’m feeling and it’s more noticeable now or is it some sort of PCV leak or an issue with the TB?
Sounds like a vacuum leak.

Quick Reply: RPM’s seem slow to drop…