C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Eldebrock E-force or Procharger??

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2014, 09:51 PM
Q8 c7
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Callaway's web site needs some updating/organization & be more customer friendly
Old 06-23-2014, 04:04 PM
0Cunningham Motorsports
Former Vendor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by mikebid15
These are my only 2 options since I need a CA carb approved charger for smog. I see the Procharger is centrifugal and eldebrock is modern roots style. I understand roots more low end and centri more high end. I will more than likely use the factory tunes til I find a reputable shop in the Bay Area for custom tune. It will be daily driven and tracked a few times a year. Curios what people's opinions are about which set up would fit the stingray better or anyone who has driven/own either. Thank you
the edelbrock kit is pretty good, i saw there test car run some respectable times at the track... We have a procharger on our shop car, it ran 11.2 at 125 with just 6-7lbs of boost ( we have since the cars power well into the 600+ wheel range)... that all being said A&A, ECS both make great kits. I am sure andy will get carb approval for his kit in the near future, as i believe the procharger kit will as well (if not already). to get the most out of any system, i suggest dyno tuning the car afterwards. In your area I suggest Rick at synergy, he can take care of you.
Old 06-28-2014, 10:22 AM
KOTYKB
Burning Brakes

Received 408 Likes on 183 Posts

So a "Callaway" Corvette is basically a stock car with a $5k supercharger kit with exhaust and some badges for $23k installed? That sounds like a bargain, where can I purchase!
Old 06-28-2014, 04:36 PM
_Will_
Team Owner

Location: Somewhere between mild insanity and complete psychosis
Received 35 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by KOTYKB
So a "Callaway" Corvette is basically a stock car with a $5k supercharger kit with exhaust and some badges for $23k installed? That sounds like a bargain, where can I purchase!
Same deal with a lot of shops - Lingenfelter, Hennessey, etc.

Make some nice badges, come up with a package name, offer a warranty, and mark up the blower and install 300-400%.

I have no idea whether or not the warranties offered are worth the extra price over going to someone like ECS or Vengeance and paying 1/3 price for the same thing sans warranty. Typically you sacrifice performance for the warranty, as the shops that offer them play it safe and conservative on the pulley size, tune, etc. so they don't have to pay out warranty claims.

That being said, it's only dumb to me because I'm a filthy poor. As soon as I'm old, fat, and loaded $$$ I'll probably give a lot of money to Callaway and call it a day.

At least Callaway seems to actually offer something more than off the shelf. They always have offered a lot of custom work since the C4 days. This C7 setup looks pretty bad-*** and defintely isn't off-the-shelf. I love C5s, and have always been interested in trying a TVS blower, but never really seriously considered it because even the most conservative aftermarket blower hoods look ridiculous on a C5. I wonder if Callway could do this same kind of setup on C6 and C5s.

I've seen some guys cut the stock hood on C5s with the old maggie 112 blowers, but that looked off as well because the pulleys had to protrude as well and the look was not symetrical.

Callaway Chris, how far above the height of a stock manifold is the top of your blower setup that isn't protruding through the hood? Could this setup work similarly on a C5 (or C6 for that matter) as well? It looks really good.
Old 06-29-2014, 02:21 PM
stangkilrproductions
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Pro Charger ALL DAY LONG!
Old 06-30-2014, 02:39 PM
0Callaway Chris
Former Vendor

Received 738 Likes on 419 Posts

Originally Posted by _Will_
Same deal with a lot of shops - Lingenfelter, Hennessey, etc.

Make some nice badges, come up with a package name, offer a warranty, and mark up the blower and install 300-400%.

I have no idea whether or not the warranties offered are worth the extra price over going to someone like ECS or Vengeance and paying 1/3 price for the same thing sans warranty. Typically you sacrifice performance for the warranty, as the shops that offer them play it safe and conservative on the pulley size, tune, etc. so they don't have to pay out warranty claims.

That being said, it's only dumb to me because I'm a filthy poor. As soon as I'm old, fat, and loaded $$$ I'll probably give a lot of money to Callaway and call it a day.

At least Callaway seems to actually offer something more than off the shelf. They always have offered a lot of custom work since the C4 days. This C7 setup looks pretty bad-*** and defintely isn't off-the-shelf. I love C5s, and have always been interested in trying a TVS blower, but never really seriously considered it because even the most conservative aftermarket blower hoods look ridiculous on a C5. I wonder if Callway could do this same kind of setup on C6 and C5s.

I've seen some guys cut the stock hood on C5s with the old maggie 112 blowers, but that looked off as well because the pulleys had to protrude as well and the look was not symetrical.

Callaway Chris, how far above the height of a stock manifold is the top of your blower setup that isn't protruding through the hood? Could this setup work similarly on a C5 (or C6 for that matter) as well? It looks really good.

Will, Thank you for the compliments on our past product and interest in the present. You are right, this isn't an off the shelf kit or blower, it's the new Callaway-designed supercharger, and is the best technical solution - heat soak is a non-starter, with the new design

Because of the design and additional intercooler(s), the supercharger is a bit taller than what would ft under hood. We designed a trim assembly to go around the opening in the factory hood, so one won't need a heavy fiberglass replacement. It looks neat, and even neater as it gently moves upon acceleration It's like a shaker hood.

You are absolutely correct about the sacrifices or concessions with other superchargers and such - and then there is the point on warranty, or lack of any real powertrain warranty with the other guys...

Power, Style, Reliability, Drivability, 50-State Emission Compliance, and a Powertrain Warranty which is second to none - nobody does it like Callaway. Nobody!

That said, we do not have plans at this time to offer for the C5 or C6, but perhaps down the road?

Thank you again for your post

www.callawaycars.com
Old 07-02-2014, 02:15 AM
Gadfly
Pro

Received 36 Likes on 14 Posts

Procharger, you can buy a warranty if you want one.

Quick Reply: Eldebrock E-force or Procharger??