C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Edelbrock E-Force

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2015, 08:22 PM
cbmax
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Edelbrock E-Force

All,

Has anyone here actually installed an Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger on their C7 Corvette? What are your impressions? Did you install any other modifications?

Chris
Old 02-24-2015, 09:44 AM
chaos5
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi cb, I started a thread"words of encouragement" with the same question. I purchased an eforce wih American racing headers 17/8 long pipes. and will begin installation sat. I was wondering since I hadn't really seen much on the forum about eforce.
Old 02-24-2015, 11:03 AM
Conv_GSDriver
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

what you are mainly seeing are the tuners doing work on their cars to promote their work. I think most members are still worried about the car's warranty and not messing with it too much yet other than adding headers, exhaust, etc.
Old 02-24-2015, 02:42 PM
RideZX6R
Melting Slicks

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Conv_GSDriver
what you are mainly seeing are the tuners doing work on their cars to promote their work. I think most members are still worried about the car's warranty and not messing with it too much yet other than adding headers, exhaust, etc.
Vengeance and ECS have both done many many supercharged customer cars, so I'm not sure where you're getting that idea from.

That being said... Those all seem to be centrifugal kits. Reason for that is that centrifugal kits were the first kits available (I believe the E-Force was released about 3-5 months behind ECS/Vortech kits), and that centrifugal kits usually put out more peak power than roots kits.
Old 02-24-2015, 04:31 PM
officermartinez
Pro

Received 81 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by RideZX6R
Vengeance and ECS have both done many many supercharged customer cars, so I'm not sure where you're getting that idea from.

That being said... Those all seem to be centrifugal kits. Reason for that is that centrifugal kits were the first kits available (I believe the E-Force was released about 3-5 months behind ECS/Vortech kits), and that centrifugal kits usually put out more peak power than roots kits.
Well to the OP (Chris), I applaud you.. Yes, supercharger kits are a popular way to increase the HP over the stock HP offerings. I purchased my ECS CENTRIFUGAL supercharger last week as well as American Racing Headers and an ECS alky meth injection kit. It's a solid way to increase your HP into the 600+ HP range for those who currently own a non-Z06 C7. If you decide this route is for you, we'd love to know more about what you might be considering.
Old 02-24-2015, 05:42 PM
cbmax
Intermediate

I go back and forth on centrifugal v. roots style blowers. I am familiar with ECS as I am originally from NJ. I have looked at their offerings including alky meth injection. This will be a street car only. No real intentions of racing. Seems like the E-Force unit looks like it would have come from the factory. I don't need to have the most HP possibly available. I would just like more that what the car came with to separate me from the stockers. With that said, I still have not made up my mind. As for alky meth, I am a little concerned about being on a road trip and running out of meth. I have been told that if I am not the type of person that runs out of gas, running out of meth should not be a problem. Difference is gas is a lot more available. Thoughts?
Old 02-24-2015, 07:18 PM
josebrwn
Intermediate

I got the Hennessey HPE700 kit that runs the Edelbrock with cam and head work. No complaints. The thing's a weapon, docile around the city and good mileage too.
Old 02-24-2015, 10:03 PM
cbmax
Intermediate

Originally Posted by josebrwn
I got the Hennessey HPE700 kit that runs the Edelbrock with cam and head work. No complaints. The thing's a weapon, docile around the city and good mileage too.
No disrespect, but Hennessey is extremely expensive. I am sure they do good work, but their pricing is way out there compared to their competitors.

CB
Old 02-24-2015, 10:39 PM
NemesisC5
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 331 Likes on 241 Posts

In the next month or two Magnuson will be releasing "Heartbeat" style supercharger for C7. Same basic design as their C6 unit with 2.3L capacity and fits under factory hood. The Heartbeat units incorporate some design features to increase flow and thermal efficiencies. I pasted a link below for their current unit, it's a worthwhile read.

http://www.corvetteonline.com/tech-s...n-of-ls-boost/

Link Below...a look at Lingenfelters new liquid-to-air-intercooler for centri or turbo C7's.

http://www.corvetteonline.com/news/n...ooler-for-c7s/
Old 02-25-2015, 09:31 AM
Bucknut2006
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 66 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by cbmax
I go back and forth on centrifugal v. roots style blowers. I am familiar with ECS as I am originally from NJ. I have looked at their offerings including alky meth injection. This will be a street car only. No real intentions of racing. Seems like the E-Force unit looks like it would have come from the factory. I don't need to have the most HP possibly available. I would just like more that what the car came with to separate me from the stockers. With that said, I still have not made up my mind. As for alky meth, I am a little concerned about being on a road trip and running out of meth. I have been told that if I am not the type of person that runs out of gas, running out of meth should not be a problem. Difference is gas is a lot more available. Thoughts?
Meth injection would probably not even factor in to what you are trying to accomplish. A simple ECS kit with a custom tune could be had for less than $7k, give you more than 550 rwhp and be a reversible install if you wish. The kit comes with everything you need to put it back to stock.

From personal experience with the PD blower on my CTS-V. Having all that torque down low is fun, but basically roasts the tires instantly. The Corvette has enough torque down low already so adding another 150-200lbs down low is not ideal IMO.
Old 02-25-2015, 11:17 AM
sycraft
Burning Brakes

Received 85 Likes on 67 Posts

not to mention that top mounted SC acts like a blanket and keeps a whole lot of heat up there....
Old 02-25-2015, 11:53 AM
snakepit
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Magnuson

Will the Magnuson Supercharger fit under the hood of the 14 Corvette.
Old 02-25-2015, 06:51 PM
josebrwn
Intermediate

Originally Posted by cbmax
No disrespect, but Hennessey is extremely expensive. I am sure they do good work, but their pricing is way out there compared to their competitors.

CB
Hey CB, thanks for starting out by saying you meant no disrespect, I appreciate and accept that. I gotta admit though I have been pouting about your reply. Your original question was "Has anyone here actually installed an Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger on their C7 Corvette? What are your impressions? Did you install any other modifications?" and well, I figured the E-Force Supercharger that's sitting in my garage would be germane to the question. Your reply seems a bit off topic and dismissive. And, honestly, what you said isn't really true.

I actually have two E-Force superchargers, one on my Vette and one on my Silverado SS. I paid for both of them, so I know what they cost. The Vette build was $18,450, including induction, custom cam, CNC ported heads, plus dyno tune and road testing. The SS build was over $10k for just the SC and tune.

I'm just not seeing a lot of daylight between those numbers considering how much more I got for the money and the quality of the build. That is, you get what you pay for. You've probably noticed the threads about catch cans in this forum? Well that's not something I need to worry about. I'm not getting oil in my intake because Hennessey already figured that out, last year.

I also understand the C7 HPE kit isn't profitable yet, given the R&D that's gone into it. They do charge a premium for the add on parts, carbon and wheels, but you don't have to add those bits if you don't want to. I opted for the 10 spoke monoblock wheels and rear carbon spoiler, and all in all I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

As far as the E-Force goes, this particular setup, the stage 3 kit, is very nice, looks great under the hood, makes power at every RPM and is good for over 620 at the wheels, while remaining tractable. I think it's a good, reliable choice.

Anyway, back at you with respect, hope you end up building a great car!

Joe
Old 02-26-2015, 10:25 AM
TPSMak
Supporting Vendor

Received 270 Likes on 204 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

Edelbrock just released a FREE 3 Year/ 36K Drivetrain Warranty on all their Stage 1 and Stage 2 kits. This is an amazing offer from Edelbrock.

Click here for more details
http://www.edelbrock.com/automot…/mi...y/eforce.shtml

If anyone is considering an Eforce let me know and I'll give you a great deal. We also offer 0% financing for up to 1 year! Buy now and pay later! Ask us for more details
Santa Clara, CA 95050
Phone #: 408/898-4632
Email #: MikeM@TPSMotorsports.com
Authorized dealer of Corbeau Seats, ECS Superchargers, Edelbrock SuperChargers, A&A Superchargers, Kooks, Whipple, Magnalow, Corsa, Borla. LG Motorsports, Procharger, Billy Boat Exhaust, AWE Exhaust, American Racing, TPS Brake Rotors/ Kits, Stainless Steel Brake Lines & much more...

Old 02-26-2015, 05:59 PM
0Callaway Chris
Former Vendor

Received 738 Likes on 419 Posts

Originally Posted by sycraft
not to mention that top mounted SC acts like a blanket and keeps a whole lot of heat up there....
Not the new Callaway Supercharger for the C7 - it thoroughly manages heat though the triple element intercooler design

No other supercharger comes close - please see details below, thanks!

www.callawaycars.com

info@callawaycars.com

Old 02-26-2015, 07:10 PM
sycraft
Burning Brakes

That's great news, may consider one in the future then.
Old 02-26-2015, 09:24 PM
NemesisC5
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 331 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by snakepit
Will the Magnuson Supercharger fit under the hood of the 14 Corvette.
I was told by Magnuson yes it will.

Get notified of new replies

To Edelbrock E-Force

Old 02-26-2015, 09:51 PM
0Callaway Chris
Former Vendor

Received 738 Likes on 419 Posts

Originally Posted by sycraft
That's great news, may consider one in the future then.
Thanks! By going through the hood we've accomplished a few things:
  • Cool and unique look
  • Convective cooling from airflow over top of supercharger
  • uninhibited design, not constrained, trying to fit under the hood

The Callaway difference. Powerfully Engineered, indeed
Old 02-26-2015, 10:27 PM
CitationZ06@yahoo
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hate to hijack this... but looking at the diagram you just broke a rotor and are about to have a major problem. Or is my computer not formatting the photo and mixing up the insides of the rotor.
Old 02-27-2015, 06:03 PM
sycraft
Burning Brakes

Rotors have a twist

Quick Reply: Edelbrock E-Force