C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Edelbrock E-Force

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2015, 06:49 PM
C7-Beast
Safety Car

Received 331 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by TPSMak
With Edelbrock there is a free drivetrain warranty... so this is how it works.... let's say your transmission goes out after you have a supercharger installed and take it to a dealership and they tell you they will not fix it. You then will contact Edelbrock and they will pay to have it repaired for you.
Just keep in mind the Edelbrock warranty starts with the car's in-service date. It does NOT extend the factory warranty. When the factory 3/36 ends, so does the Edelbrock warranty.

I also doubt blowing up a trans would be as easy to get them to pay as you described. These warranties are typically full of restrictions, legal mumbo jumbo, max payouts, deductibles etc..

I had a Salleen Supercharger on a previous Mustang that developed a bearing whine within a year. Even though under warranty, I could not get them to repair. Just promises, no return calls etc until I gave up and paid to have it fixed.

Last edited by C7-Beast; 06-29-2015 at 06:52 PM.
Old 06-29-2015, 06:55 PM
TPSMak
Supporting Vendor

Received 270 Likes on 204 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by Mike02Z
Just keep in mind the Edelbrock warranty starts with the car's in-service date. It does NOT extend the factory warranty. When the factory 3/36 ends, so does the Edelbrock warranty.

I also doubt blowing up a trans would be as easy to get them to pay as you described. These warranties are typically full of restrictions, legal mumbo jumbo, max payouts, deductibles etc..

I had a Salleen Supercharger on a previous Mustang that developed a bearing whine within a year. Even though under warranty, I could not get them to repair. Just promises, no return calls etc until I gave up and paid to have it fixed.
You are correct about the warranty as it runs out when the 3 year/ 36K does also....

Saleen is a difference animal... that company was horrible about honoring warranties... Edelbrock is not..
Santa Clara, CA 95050
Phone #: 408/898-4632
Email #: MikeM@TPSMotorsports.com
Authorized dealer of Corbeau Seats, ECS Superchargers, Edelbrock SuperChargers, A&A Superchargers, Kooks, Whipple, Magnalow, Corsa, Borla. LG Motorsports, Procharger, Billy Boat Exhaust, AWE Exhaust, American Racing, TPS Brake Rotors/ Kits, Stainless Steel Brake Lines & much more...

Last edited by TPSMak; 06-29-2015 at 06:58 PM.
Old 06-29-2015, 08:52 PM
anders1118
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by TPSMak
With Edelbrock there is a free drivetrain warranty... so this is how it works.... let's say your transmission goes out after you have a supercharger installed and take it to a dealership and they tell you they will not fix it. You then will contact Edelbrock and they will pay to have it repaired for you.

Damn thats really tempting lol

Yeah i wonder if it will be as easy as just giving them a call and having the transmission replaced/repaired. I doubt it. Edelbrock is a huge company who know...
Old 06-30-2015, 12:07 PM
C7-Beast
Safety Car

Received 331 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by anders1118
Yeah i wonder if it will be as easy as just giving them a call and having the transmission replaced/repaired. I doubt it. Edelbrock is a huge company who know...
Might very well be. I'd get it in writing and read the fine print carefully. It will save you a load of headaches in the future.

Mine was unique in that I bought the Saleen right as the company was getting ready to declare bankrupcy. They basically left anyone with a Saleen purchased product blowing in the wind. Now I see Steve is back under another company name. Different company, same poor customer service, I'm sure.

Edelbrock has been around longer than I have so expect their customer service to be better.
Old 06-30-2015, 12:48 PM
TPSMak
Supporting Vendor

Received 270 Likes on 204 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

Might very well be. I'd get it in writing and read the fine print carefully. It will save you a load of headaches in the future.

Mine was unique in that I bought the Saleen right as the company was getting ready to declare bankrupcy. They basically left anyone with a Saleen purchased product blowing in the wind. Now I see Steve is back under another company name. Different company, same poor customer service, I'm sure.

Edelbrock has been around longer than I have so expect their customer service to be better.
The positive note is I have NEVER seen a car's drivetrain damaged with a Eforce installed but I have no doubt they will take care of it. Edelbrock used to offer optional 3rd party drivetrain warranty you could purchase for up to 100k miles... when the warranty company went belly up Edelbrock assumed the liabilities. Edelbrock is a very standup company...

Quick Reply: Edelbrock E-Force