C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Edelbrock E-Force

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2015, 09:07 PM
DocHolliday
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Callaway Chris
Thanks! By going through the hood we've accomplished a few things:
  • Cool and unique look
  • Convective cooling from airflow over top of supercharger
  • uninhibited design, not constrained, trying to fit under the hood

The Callaway difference. Powerfully Engineered, indeed
I can say this with certainty, after about a 300 mile trip my supercharger was actually cold (not just cool or tolerable) but cold to the touch. The SC sticks outside of the hood so the cold outside cooling air keeps it nice and cool. Will it get warmer in the summer months? Of course, but still much cooler than a SC trapped under the hood.
Attached Images  

Last edited by DocHolliday; 02-27-2015 at 09:10 PM.
Old 02-27-2015, 11:59 PM
0Rob@ChampionMotors
Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Thanks! By going through the hood we've accomplished a few things:
  • Cool and unique look
  • Convective cooling from airflow over top of supercharger
  • uninhibited design, not constrained, trying to fit under the hood

The Callaway difference. Powerfully Engineered, indeed
Awesome look I would love one of these on my new car.
Old 02-28-2015, 11:15 AM
TPSMak
Supporting Vendor

Received 270 Likes on 204 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by DocHolliday
I can say this with certainty, after about a 300 mile trip my supercharger was actually cold (not just cool or tolerable) but cold to the touch. The SC sticks outside of the hood so the cold outside cooling air keeps it nice and cool. Will it get warmer in the summer months? Of course, but still much cooler than a SC trapped under the hood.

Is that the stock hood?
Santa Clara, CA 95050
Phone #: 408/898-4632
Email #: MikeM@TPSMotorsports.com
Authorized dealer of Corbeau Seats, ECS Superchargers, Edelbrock SuperChargers, A&A Superchargers, Kooks, Whipple, Magnalow, Corsa, Borla. LG Motorsports, Procharger, Billy Boat Exhaust, AWE Exhaust, American Racing, TPS Brake Rotors/ Kits, Stainless Steel Brake Lines & much more...

Last edited by TPSMak; 03-01-2015 at 03:49 PM.
Old 02-28-2015, 12:02 PM
DocHolliday
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by TPSMak
Is that the stick hood?
Yes, stock hood. As part of the Callaway upgrade they modify the hood to make you an official member of the "hole in the hood gang" .

I also have the carbon flash stinger stripe painted on an buried under several coats of clear so there was no ridge at the edge of the stripe. Just my preference over the stinger decal. All done through Callaway.
Old 02-28-2015, 07:43 PM
sycraft
Burning Brakes

Received 85 Likes on 67 Posts

not a fan of the hole in the hood, want to be more stealthy. As long as it fits under the hood I would consider. Callaway, will you do a conversion and leave the hood alone?
Old 02-28-2015, 07:53 PM
T/A KID
Drifting

Received 175 Likes on 141 Posts

Callaway will your company sell just the supercharger??
Old 02-28-2015, 09:17 PM
0Callaway Chris
Former Vendor

Received 738 Likes on 419 Posts

Originally Posted by T/A KID
Callaway will your company sell just the supercharger??
No, not as a stand alone part. We install complete, engineered packages, backed by the only Powertrain Warranty which truly supplements the GM Coverage which remains in effect.

As such, we do not sell separate parts. We do however, work with our dealers to deliver what you see above, as Doc Holliday has shown

If we can help, please drop us a note: info@callawaycars.com Thanks
Old 02-28-2015, 09:20 PM
0Callaway Chris
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by sycraft
not a fan of the hole in the hood, want to be more stealthy. As long as it fits under the hood I would consider. Callaway, will you do a conversion and leave the hood alone?
No - Sorry.

For the reasons above - there is no way to fit a supercharger under the hood without major concessions. We've got triple element intercooler features, long, tuned runner length for addl. torque, and then the airflow over the top for convective cooling.

Other designs cut corners quenching to fit under the hood and in some cases, may even be smaller units than our TVS2300 supercharger.

A job worth doing, is worth doing right. So much, we've patented our supercharger design
Old 02-28-2015, 09:21 PM
0Callaway Chris
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by DocHolliday
Great report, thanks!
Old 03-01-2015, 01:16 AM
sycraft
Burning Brakes

how about a cowl hood the hole looks out of place. too busy with the oe vent..,
Old 03-01-2015, 11:37 AM
0Callaway Chris
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by sycraft
how about a cowl hood the hole looks out of place. too busy with the oe vent..,
We've had some ask about that, which I suppose you could always do. But you would still lose the benefit of convective heat transfer of the exposed SC top.
Old 03-01-2015, 12:22 PM
js1977
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by cbmax
I go back and forth on centrifugal v. roots style blowers. I am familiar with ECS as I am originally from NJ. I have looked at their offerings including alky meth injection. This will be a street car only. No real intentions of racing. Seems like the E-Force unit looks like it would have come from the factory. I don't need to have the most HP possibly available. I would just like more that what the car came with to separate me from the stockers. With that said, I still have not made up my mind. As for alky meth, I am a little concerned about being on a road trip and running out of meth. I have been told that if I am not the type of person that runs out of gas, running out of meth should not be a problem. Difference is gas is a lot more available. Thoughts?

I honestly think you can't go wrong with any style blower (centri or roots), but don't cast out centrifugal just based on a "factory look". I have a ProCharger and you can see for your self how factory my engine bay looks…

Stock

With ProCharger

Good luck with your decision...

Last edited by js1977; 03-01-2015 at 12:25 PM.
Old 03-01-2015, 03:59 PM
TPSMak
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11

With the way the C7 kits are designed the supercharger is VERY stealth looking when ordered in Black for a Centri unit. The Edelbrock looks very OEM like. The Callaway looks like a great unit.

ANY of the superchargers for the C7 are pretty hot units compared to not having a supercharger.... who wouldn't like 550+RWHP with a bolt on that can be installed or removed in 1 afternoon PLUS you have great drivability, MPG, idle.. the car pretty much drives like stock unless you want it to. We're based in CA and I can count on my hand we HCI package we do in a year... Boost is the way to go!
Old 03-04-2015, 05:28 PM
Jack Be Quick Racing
Pro

Location: Detroit area and Nashville area What day is it? Between MI & TN
Received 58 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by josebrwn
Hey CB, thanks for starting out by saying you meant no disrespect, I appreciate and accept that. I gotta admit though I have been pouting about your reply. Your original question was "Has anyone here actually installed an Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger on their C7 Corvette? What are your impressions? Did you install any other modifications?" and well, I figured the E-Force Supercharger that's sitting in my garage would be germane to the question. Your reply seems a bit off topic and dismissive. And, honestly, what you said isn't really true.

I actually have two E-Force superchargers, one on my Vette and one on my Silverado SS. I paid for both of them, so I know what they cost. The Vette build was $18,450, including induction, custom cam, CNC ported heads, plus dyno tune and road testing. The SS build was over $10k for just the SC and tune.

I'm just not seeing a lot of daylight between those numbers considering how much more I got for the money and the quality of the build. That is, you get what you pay for. You've probably noticed the threads about catch cans in this forum? Well that's not something I need to worry about. I'm not getting oil in my intake because Hennessey already figured that out, last year.

I also understand the C7 HPE kit isn't profitable yet, given the R&D that's gone into it. They do charge a premium for the add on parts, carbon and wheels, but you don't have to add those bits if you don't want to. I opted for the 10 spoke monoblock wheels and rear carbon spoiler, and all in all I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

As far as the E-Force goes, this particular setup, the stage 3 kit, is very nice, looks great under the hood, makes power at every RPM and is good for over 620 at the wheels, while remaining tractable. I think it's a good, reliable choice.

Anyway, back at you with respect, hope you end up building a great car!

Joe

You do get what you pay for and reputation, consistency, and post-sale support are all key things after you supercharge a car. You buy what you are comfortable with and go from there.
Old 06-24-2015, 12:37 PM
INTHERED
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

We've had some ask about that, which I suppose you could always do. But you would still lose the benefit of convective heat transfer of the exposed SC top.
How much weight does the supercharger add to the front of the car and how bad will my Z51 handle after the installation ?
Old 06-26-2015, 12:18 AM
0Callaway Chris
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by INTHERED
How much weight does the supercharger add to the front of the car and how bad will my Z51 handle after the installation ?
About 60 lbs added, which one won't even notice

info@callawaycars.com
Old 06-26-2015, 08:24 AM
C7-Beast
Safety Car

Received 331 Likes on 201 Posts

The ECS kit is very stealth unless you go with the loud BOV. If you do, you get a pronounced swoosh when above 2k and driving normally. I love the sound but you can get the quiet BOV or Dual BOV's to make it really stealth.

Making 600 is easy in the LT1. An ECS 1500 and a Doug tune will get you there easily on an M7 car. Im getting 693 by adding Meth and LT's.

Callaway is more than just a S/C but I don't like the hole in the hood and for my needs a centrifugal S/C was a better choice. The base Callaway kit is VERY pricey. My setup cost less than 1/2 including installation and a full dyno tune by Doug.

What you don't get is the power train warranty with the ECS kit but then the Callaway kit has to make some compromises like no Meth injection or LT headers as they are technically illegal for street use.

If you want to retain your factory power train warranty but still want more power, and money is no object then the Callaway kit is a no brainer. If you want to retain your pt warranty but dont want to spend a fortune, the Edelbrock kit is a good option.

If you want to save money and gain a lot more power and are willing to.give up your pt warranty, I recommend ECS. They treat their customers right, have great communication and have Doug to tune. There is no better tuner for the LT1 in my opinion.

Last edited by C7-Beast; 06-26-2015 at 08:28 AM.
The following users liked this post:
rb185afm (01-09-2022)

Get notified of new replies

To Edelbrock E-Force

Old 06-26-2015, 05:41 PM
anders1118
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by TPSMak
Edelbrock just released a FREE 3 Year/ 36K Drivetrain Warranty on all their Stage 1 and Stage 2 kits. This is an amazing offer from Edelbrock.

Click here for more details
http://www.edelbrock.com/automot…/mi...y/eforce.shtml

If anyone is considering an Eforce let me know and I'll give you a great deal. We also offer 0% financing for up to 1 year! Buy now and pay later! Ask us for more details
Just to be clear cause i haven't heard this before. So if your transmission goes out, edelbrock will pay for it to be replaced?? I thought only callaway offers that?
Old 06-26-2015, 05:48 PM
sycraft
Burning Brakes

550 NA at the wheels is pretty cool too....
Old 06-29-2015, 04:48 PM
TPSMak
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by anders1118
Just to be clear cause i haven't heard this before. So if your transmission goes out, edelbrock will pay for it to be replaced?? I thought only callaway offers that?
With Edelbrock there is a free drivetrain warranty... so this is how it works.... let's say your transmission goes out after you have a supercharger installed and take it to a dealership and they tell you they will not fix it. You then will contact Edelbrock and they will pay to have it repaired for you.

Quick Reply: Edelbrock E-Force