C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advice for modifying S.C. setup.

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2017, 10:55 AM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by FYREANT
A good rule of thumb is that if the temp/humidity/barometric pressure are all "normal", you lose 3% power per 1,000 ft above sea level. So at about 5,000 ft, you lose about 15% power. With the mods I mentioned earlier, assuming 640-650hp at sea level, you'd end up with about 550hp at 5,000 ft elevation. If someone shows you higher numbers with that same scenario, then they either have "corrected" numbers, or, they were on a "happy dyno".

Ant 🐜
Ant, I am with you on this on those numbers. I just couldn't remember the % on per 1,k ft But from the guys in here that has put the si on & also being in fl at almost sea level. No way on a per say stock motor is will push this as a true #.

OP here you do know that the guy running that dyno can make about a 20% chg diff one way are the other in the car's true ##...

A dyno # is just that the truth about the car is what it will run in the 1/4 r 1/8 mile.. Robert
Old 09-16-2017, 11:03 AM
prince8619
Racer

Received 78 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by robert miller
Ant, I am with you on this on those numbers. I just couldn't remember the % on per 1,k ft But from the guys in here that has put the si on & also being in fl at almost sea level. No way on a per say stock motor is will push this as a true #.

OP here you do know that the guy running that dyno can make about a 20% chg diff one way are the other in the car's true ##...

A dyno # is just that the truth about the car is what it will run in the 1/4 r 1/8 mile.. Robert
Thank you do much for all the great info. I guess this is going to be my winter mod setup for next summer. I might change my mind last minute and not do meth and might do e85 setup lol I just don't know if i wana go thru the hassle and redo the whole fuel system.
Old 09-16-2017, 01:08 PM
LSX228R
Pro

Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts

E85 over meth if you have local stations hands down.
Old 09-16-2017, 10:04 PM
prince8619
Racer

Originally Posted by LSX228R
E85 over meth if you have local stations hands down.
E85 isn't the issue. Change the fuel system and money is lol. I think I'm going the e85 route **** it lol
Old 09-18-2017, 10:17 AM
0Billy@MTI
Former Vendor

Received 263 Likes on 182 Posts

You are 100% correct, the tuner can't keep the top ring land from breaking at 700 hp. I have had two fail and both were very safe on timing. Meth won't stop this. The top ring gap is too tight for that much heat.

Originally Posted by robert miller
my point but still will have to have to good tuner on this head unit even with the meth to not have bad things to happen..
Old 09-18-2017, 10:23 AM
prince8619
Racer

Originally Posted by Billy@MTI
You are 100% correct, the tuner can't keep the top ring land from breaking at 700 hp. I have had two fail and both were very safe on timing. Meth won't stop this. The top ring gap is too tight for that much heat.
and also my other thought is resale. Most ppl wouldn't buy a car with meth injection. They dont even know what that is lol. But if I do a e85 flex fuel system..many ppl are familiar with that n many cars are factory flex fuel cars too.

and many will say why don't u bring it all back to stock n sell it like that..but that's a hassle for me. It just takes the right buyer n if done right with all the paperwork in place.. their will be a select amount of ppl that don't mind a SC corvette n avoid the headache of modifying n buy a fast car outright.
Old 09-18-2017, 10:26 AM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 908 Likes on 561 Posts
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by Billy@MTI
What gap do you guys run on your rings? I run .022" top and .024"/.025" second ring on mine.

Quick Reply: Advice for modifying S.C. setup.