It's getting BORING

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 02:04 PM
chaase
Team Owner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by RonnieC6Z
Chevy and GM has said many times that that car is absolutely NOT the C7 prototype.
Old 10-11-2011, 02:18 PM
ockie
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RonnieC6Z
Chevy and GM has said many times that that car is absolutely NOT the C7 prototype.
The funny part about this is that they said this after they said that it was to be the new corvette.

All those cars in the movie was supposed to come out and be real... a lot of them did not make it when the government took over.

My eyes were wandering about the new GTR and the Cayman the other day. Cayman is not the same class I know, but it looks like a fun toy.
Old 10-11-2011, 03:19 PM
BobRBob
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by ockie
The funny part about this is that they said this after they said that it was to be the new corvette.

All those cars in the movie was supposed to come out and be real... a lot of them did not make it when the government took over.

My eyes were wandering about the new GTR and the Cayman the other day. Cayman is not the same class I know, but it looks like a fun toy.
Who knows what GM is on about on this topic any more? Sometimes it almost seems like deliberate obfuscation.

As for the Cayman, I test drove one a few weeks ago and it is an absolute blast to drive. Very fast and very easy to control.
Old 10-11-2011, 03:52 PM
Boomer111
Race Director

Received 191 Likes on 151 Posts

GM will not divulge to much because it will hurt present sales.
Old 10-11-2011, 05:07 PM
2K3Z06
Burning Brakes

Location: KADS- If it has wings or an engine, I can break it. Dallas TX
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Boy, tough crowd. No offical C7 pics, and people already hate the styling. (how is that possisble) Bitching about panel gaps and the pre-production prototypes are not even built yet.......... geesh.

The new porsche is cool, The boxster S, i drove was one of the best handling cars, i ever driven. 2nd only to F430F1. Now, if the cayman/boxster had another 50HP. I might just sell my z06 to buy one.

I don't expect any offical C7 pics, for at least a year. Just relax guys, its coming.
Old 10-11-2011, 05:22 PM
jackhall99
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by 2K3Z06
Boy, tough crowd. No offical C7 pics, and people already hate the styling. (how is that possisble) Bitching about panel gaps and the pre-production prototypes are not even built yet.......... geesh.
Bob, a few people have to post crap just to 1) build their post count, or 2) make it sound as though they know something the rest of us don't know, or 3) just out of sheer ignorance.

We'll see the real McCoy C7 when GM wants us to see it. Also they won't worry about a few hundred/thousand leftover 2013 C6 models (if it's a 2014 intro). The bargain hunters will grab those in due course.
Old 10-11-2011, 05:25 PM
flynbyu2
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

If it's anything like the last two generations of Corvette, there has been a very small sample group of Corvette owners who have worked on focus groups for C7.

Some have had input on interior, some on the exterior.

If you read the book "All Corvettes Are Red", you'll be walked through the C5 development from pre-start to finish.
Old 10-11-2011, 05:29 PM
BobRBob
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 33 Posts

If their only input has been from existing Corvette owners they may be in trouble...
Old 10-11-2011, 06:18 PM
I Bin Therbefor
Drifting

Default From Steve Jobs: Advise for Corvette

Originally Posted by BobRBob
If their only input has been from existing Corvette owners they may be in trouble...
"You can’t just ask customers what they want and then try to give that to them. By the time you get it built, they’ll want something new.”

“Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower"

“It’s not about pop culture, and it’s not about fooling people, and it’s not about convincing people that they want something they don’t. We figure out what we want. And I think we’re pretty good at having the right discipline to think through whether a lot of other people are going to want it, too. That’s what we get paid to do.”

"Design is the fundamental soul of a human-made creation that ends up expressing itself in successive outer layers of the product or service.”

“It’s really hard to design products by focus groups. A lot of times, people don’t know what they want until you show it to them.”

All from comments by Steve Jobs

Get It?

Last edited by I Bin Therbefor; 10-11-2011 at 06:20 PM.
Old 10-11-2011, 07:10 PM
Garrett W
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Good idea OP.
Old 10-11-2011, 07:22 PM
americanretrodave
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

SEMA is just a couple of weeks away; we'll see what GM puts out there, my guess, nothing on the C7!
Old 10-11-2011, 07:41 PM
0Jav@Vossen
Former Vendor

I also can't wait to see it!
Old 10-11-2011, 07:42 PM
capevettes
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,543 Likes on 2,159 Posts
2023 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C8 of the Year Finalist Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
2019 C1 of Year Winner (performance mods)
2017 Corvette of the Year Finalist
2016 C2 of Year
2015 C3 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Boomer111
GM will not divulge to much because it will hurt present sales.
Bingo History really is a great teacher. They withheld any information on the C4, C5 and C6 until they squeezed every sale they could out of the present generation. Why would they change now?

Patience is a virtue. I am enjoying my car now. I can wait. (I guess I wouldn't be here if I wasn't interested though ).
Old 10-11-2011, 10:30 PM
ChevyCobb
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

You wont see anything on the C7 until much later after the Camaro ZL1 has been selling. They dont want to take those sales away at all.

Plus, remember that Corvette Racing had a good bit of input on the C6, and they have a lot of input on the C7 as well.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:53 PM
raysk
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kjstoy
I read an article from SEMA stating that the C7 would be a 2014 model. It would sort of be based on a '63 looking Corvette, maybe even with a split window. The article says that the Corvette would be 2" longer, and 2 inches narrower than the C6 model. Engine displacement would be smaller, possibly single or twin turbos, prducing more HP than the base C6. If anyone else saw the article, maybe you can help me out here..... ( If I'm wrong, "Don't shoot the messenger" )
i personally hope the new C7 is not a retro design. Chevy did that with the Camaro, and I really like it. But the Corvette to me should be a forward looking design, a glimpse into the future. But not a hybrid or anything like that. They should stick with their roots of a powerful front engine V-8.
Old 10-12-2011, 02:24 AM
kjstoy
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Sema

Originally Posted by americanretrodave
SEMA is just a couple of weeks away; we'll see what GM puts out there, my guess, nothing on the C7!
I'll look for some sort of clue.. SEMA is Nov 1 to Nov 4..
Old 10-12-2011, 12:16 PM
Jinx
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 207 Posts

I doubt Camaro ZL1 has anything to do with C7 marketing. Beyond the occasional vague C7 comment tied to some C6 or Chevy story, there is no C7 marketing yet.

The next Corvette news will probably be in April, when it's time to learn about MY2013 and the 60th Anniversary. There will be no C7 news then, just the same old safe answers -- youth, better interior, slightly smaller engine -- and the same repetition of old rumor as new fact. GM won't let C7 steal the profitable Anniversary-editions' thunder.

Later next year we should see camouflaged C7s caught out testing. Between now and then, probably nothing but unsubstantiated rumors and occasional drop-ins from people who saw stuff they can't talk about but who will assure us C7 will be awesome. Also a dozen posts about what some dealer or race mechanic said.

But every rumor -- case in point, seven speed transmission -- will generate another flurry of posts. Frustrating, maybe, but not boring, else there'd be nothing but crickets here.

You could probably check in once next August and once again after the following Christmas and be just as informed and up-to-date about C7 as anyone beyond those actually working on it.

.Jinx

Get notified of new replies

To It's getting BORING

Old 10-12-2011, 12:20 PM
jackhall99
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by Jinx
... You could probably check in once next August and once again after the following Christmas and be just as informed and up-to-date about C7 as anyone beyond those actually working on it.

.Jinx
Old 10-12-2011, 03:42 PM
1KULC7
Le Mans Master

Received 313 Likes on 136 Posts

You will not see or hear much more until late next summer, so settle in for a long winter and anticipate more next spring. Just not going to happen.
Old 10-12-2011, 04:04 PM
sirrob
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by EBVette
You will not see or hear much more until late next summer, so settle in for a long winter and anticipate more next spring. Just not going to happen.

It's going to be a loooong winter and spring!

Quick Reply: It's getting BORING