Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C7

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 09:23 AM
Stinger68
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure what the new version will be called but whatever the equivalent to the Z06 will be. My intention was to buy the Z06 but there were none left at the various dealerships I visited so I bought the Grand Sport instead, which is still a great ride, except for the squeaky brakes.
Old 12-27-2011, 12:28 PM
Rhettvette
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Wait naa

:
Originally Posted by Big Phil
I would wait to see what it looks like first. I was super stoke about selling my C5 for C6, until i saw it. Then i decided to keep my C5.
Hey Big Phil. Wait naa, Whats the worst case senario? I can always buy another C6. i want to take the blunge go for the gusto first guy on the block. i just know with todays computer designing it will be AWESOME. I wish I had room in my bed.
Old 12-27-2011, 01:13 PM
Rhettvette
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Default lose

Originally Posted by capevettes
If you buy a new Corvette and sell it during the the first 1 to 3 years you are in the midst of it's steepest depreciation curve. Those kinds of losses are to be expected and have little to do with the next generation Corvette. Will it get worse? I don't know but I also don't know how much I'm going to like the next Corvette. I am happy to enjoy my car now.
i'm glad you enjoy your vette. The steepest depr. on top of a poor economy thats not getting any better and a new body style Good Luck. The money from my 09 is just salvating for that new C7.
Old 12-27-2011, 01:19 PM
Rhettvette
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Wow

Originally Posted by Stinger68
Not sure what the new version will be called but whatever the equivalent to the Z06 will be. My intention was to buy the Z06 but there were none left at the various dealerships I visited so I bought the Grand Sport instead, which is still a great ride, except for the squeaky brakes.
You could not find a new Z06? Do you have a computer? Does your local dealers know about dealer locate?
Old 12-27-2011, 01:47 PM
Stinger68
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rhettvette
You could not find a new Z06? Do you have a computer? Does your local dealers know about dealer locate?
Of course I have a computer. I'll chalk it up to impatience. The day started out with a regularly scheduled maintenance visit on my SS Camaro. While waiting on the work to be done, I was browsing around and got caught looking at the Vettes. One thing led to another and I was sitting in the chair buying the Vette. I told the dealer that if I was going to buy a new Vette, that I preferred the Z06. They didn't have any on lot and made several calls to other dealerships and at the time, none of them had any on their lots. I wasn't actively seeking out a Z06 or I would have searched online first and then compared prices. After a test drive, I couldn;t sign the papers quick enough so I guess I was just plain old impatient. Next time, I'll be a lot more patient and do some searching before jumping into one. I'm still thrilled with the GS but wished I had waited and searched around for the Z06 instead.
Old 12-27-2011, 01:58 PM
jb_va2001
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
DC Area Events Coordinator

Do you expect a similar model roll out for the C7 as C6?

C6 Base coupe and convertible released in 2H 2004 as a 2005
C6 Z06 released in 2H 2005 as a 2006 (one year later)
C6 ZR1 released in December 2007 (three years later)
C6 GS released in 2010 (six years later)
(Please correct my dates if wrong.)

So if you want a C7 ZR1, and the C7 is (optimistically) released in 2013... the ZR1 won't be available until 2016 or 2017.

Would you get the C7 Base when new and prepare to trade again when the C7 ZR1 is released. Maybe people could be holding on to the Z06 & ZR1s a little longer.

Cheers,
JB
Old 12-27-2011, 01:59 PM
Rhettvette
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Stinger68
Of course I have a computer. I'll chalk it up to impatience. The day started out with a regularly scheduled maintenance visit on my SS Camaro. While waiting on the work to be done, I was browsing around and got caught looking at the Vettes. One thing led to another and I was sitting in the chair buying the Vette. I told the dealer that if I was going to buy a new Vette, that I preferred the Z06. They didn't have any on lot and made several calls to other dealerships and at the time, none of them had any on their lots. I wasn't actively seeking out a Z06 or I would have searched online first and then compared prices. After a test drive, I couldn;t sign the papers quick enough so I guess I was just plain old impatient. Next time, I'll be a lot more patient and do some searching before jumping into one. I'm still thrilled with the GS but wished I had waited and searched around for the Z06 instead.
Thats a horse of a different color. Old mister impatience, without him life would be boring and way to predictable. Enjoy the GS!!
Old 12-27-2011, 02:09 PM
Rhettvette
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Default ??

Originally Posted by jb_va2001
Do you expect a similar model roll out for the C7 as C6?

C6 Base coupe and convertible released in 2H 2004 as a 2005
C6 Z06 released in 2H 2005 as a 2006 (one year later)
C6 ZR1 released in December 2007 (three years later)
C6 GS released in 2010 (six years later)
(Please correct my dates if wrong.)

So if you want a C7 ZR1, and the C7 is (optimistically) released in 2013... the ZR1 won't be available until 2016 or 2017.

Would you get the C7 Base when new and prepare to trade again when the C7 ZR1 is released. Maybe people could be holding on to the Z06 & ZR1s a little longer.

Cheers,
JB
Hey JB, Lifes to short to think that far ahead. They ( GM) usually dolls up the last yrs to increase sales.
Old 01-20-2012, 07:07 PM
WHT
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The new C7. Three of us are so sure that the New C7 is going to be awesome that we dumped are C6'S. We don't want to get stuck again with a market saturated with old body styles.
Well, the C7 pictures are out. How is that decision working out for you now?
Old 01-20-2012, 07:17 PM
Rhettvette
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by WHT
Well, the C7 pictures are out. How is that decision working out for you now?
I didn't like the C6 but bought 2 since 05. As soon as I can order I will. I know GM always wins with Vette sales.
Old 01-20-2012, 07:29 PM
CaliforniaJack
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Default It took 4 years to "fix" the C5

Being an Engineer myself, I waited until 2000 to buy my C5 in order to give GM time to "get the bugs out". As we all know, the early cars had a lot of problems and patches. My 2000 had the old "shallow" intake manifold and the now obsolete tire pressure monitoring system. I should have waited at least 4 years into the new model before buying. I wouldn't consider a C7 in it's first model year.
Old 01-20-2012, 07:48 PM
hig4s
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The new C7. Three of us are so sure that the New C7 is going to be awesome that we dumped are C6'S. We don't want to get stuck again with a market saturated with old body styles. Anyone remember the 1996 Grand Sport price drop? I sure do!! It's a buyers market now, imagine when the new body style hits the showroom and we all know the dealers have no trade in mercy. It ought to be interesting to see the future prices of a C6 ZR1,GS or ZO6. Our only fears are the interiors of the C7, could it get worse? Buy American.

I think a lot of that 96 GS price drop was because of the way GM got rid of all the LT4 engines, by putting them in every single manual Corvette that year (over 5000 of them). Once people found than out, many just wouldn't pay the extra for a GS. The GS package was $6k and a lot of the sales hype on that was the extra 30hp of the LT4.
Old 01-20-2012, 08:03 PM
Rhettvette
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Dive it

Originally Posted by CaliforniaJack
Being an Engineer myself, I waited until 2000 to buy my C5 in order to give GM time to "get the bugs out". As we all know, the early cars had a lot of problems and patches. My 2000 had the old "shallow" intake manifold and the now obsolete tire pressure monitoring system. I should have waited at least 4 years into the new model before buying. I wouldn't consider a C7 in it's first model year.
I agree with what your saying. However i purchased a 97 and drove around 62,000 miles no problems. Purchased an 05 same thing. As long as GM has a warranty "what me worry". I don't baby a Corvette I drive and enjoy it untill the next one. I learned a long time ago when a friend beat his 94 hard and I took excellent care of mine. He sent his to a detail shop and got 400.00 less in trade in then I did and I'm not talking lay down deals here. I know about the 2000. We have a 2000 roadster that been laying in the back for a couple yrs. Needs paint but nobody here wants to work on it.
Old 01-20-2012, 08:18 PM
Rhettvette
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Gs

Originally Posted by hig4s
I think a lot of that 96 GS price drop was because of the way GM got rid of all the LT4 engines, by putting them in every single manual Corvette that year (over 5000 of them). Once people found than out, many just wouldn't pay the extra for a GS. The GS package was $6k and a lot of the sales hype on that was the extra 30hp of the LT4.
You hit it right on. The one I had was nice but GM did their typical end of body style dump. It was a nice car but I could never figure why the red seats. Must have had an overstock in red seats and LT4's. LOL
Old 01-20-2012, 11:11 PM
uxojerry
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If the Jalopnik renderings are the actual C7 and I think they are, based upon the spy shots of testing, then the C7 will simply be an improvement of the C6. We have heard about Direct Injection, 7sp transmission and the new nav/interface from the Cadillac ATS. Interior will certainly be reworked and improved. I bet that sums up all of the changes in the new car.

I would guess each model will gain 50hp or so to keep up with Ford and DI should help. The Jalopnik renderings look like a natural progression of the car. I was hoping for radical but natural makes the most sense.

Radical will come with the C8 but not until it is time to develop a Gen V motor, new chassis architecture, dual clutch/auto-manual, and probably adopt new materials like carbon fiber into construction.

With the new Alpha platform for the Cadillac ATS and next gen Camaro, the C8 may come sooner than later. The C7 may be a 2yr-3yr car and ultimately a collectors dream. I personally think most of the Corvette rumors are true, but the rumors were based on two different cars in development C7/C8. The C7 is the transitional model to the C8, still in development.

Quick Reply: C7