Sponsored by:

This is new Viper and C7 still MIA-pathetic1

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 10:24 PM
petermj
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ladimer
CarandDriver.com talks about the new Viper. The base car is to be priced at $100K, the GTS at $120K. WOW. That's alot of coin. I thought for sure the car would be less than $100K for the coupe. The car looks great, but the revised steel chassis based on the previous generations is unispiring...however that interior is awesome.

And IMHO, paying $90K for a brand new Z06 is rediculous. It appears as it has been for the last 6 years, that a slightly used early C6Z will still be the performance super car buy of the ages.
How much is Z06 carbon and better yet, CE? How about one step up?
Old 04-04-2012, 10:27 PM
petermj
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by BlueOx
You can yammer all you want - the truth is the Corvette in 2005 had a clearly better drag coefficient than the Viper and if you are suggesting that the Corvette was designed after the Viper, it is clear GM did a much better job.
And for encore, they effed up with widebodies Compare apples to apples
Old 04-04-2012, 10:30 PM
BluegrassMotorsport
Melting Slicks

Received 883 Likes on 478 Posts

In my opinion, saying that GM is pathetic is equally as pathetic as you imply they are. The statement doesn't make many sense at all. Using that logic, we could say that every single automobile that isn't owned by Daimler is pathetic, because their car came out first in 1886, and everyone else was "behind".
Old 04-04-2012, 10:30 PM
jackhall99
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by petermj
or so goes up to hundred grand
I know you prefer to ignore what you want to, but the post was:
Originally Posted by Ladimer
.... And IMHO, paying $90K for a brand new Z06 is rediculous. .....
The post didn't say it can go up to $90K or up to $100 K. He stated "paying $90K for a brand new Z06".

My post correctly stated he can buy one for $72 K. Prove that to be incorrect you argumentative .
Old 04-04-2012, 10:35 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

And for encore, they effed up with widebodies Compare apples to apples
Unfortunately for you the Viper never compared apples to apples. Clown car looks, overly hot driving, clunky tranny, barn wagon ride, etc.

GM didn't eff anything up. Hugely popular in all body styles including convertible.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:41 PM
petermj
Le Mans Master

Unfortunately for you the Viper never compared apples to apples. Clown car looks, overly hot driving, clunky tranny, barn wagon ride, etc.

GM didn't eff anything up. Hugely popular in all body styles including convertible.
Now I understand why Hertz did not rent out any vipers, just like they did with corvettes Imagine this, a hardcore car instead of one just looking like one...
Old 04-04-2012, 10:43 PM
jackhall99
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Peter is just posting to post recently. Most of what he is posting is now.

I guess I am not following his trollish Corvette bashing when he apparently in in love with clunky, hot, rough riding Viper. Christ, he should just run down and plop a huge deposit down on one, and get the first new Viper on the coast.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:46 PM
petermj
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by redvette77
In my opinion, saying that GM is pathetic is equally as pathetic as you imply they are. The statement doesn't make many sense at all. Using that logic, we could say that every single automobile that isn't owned by Daimler is pathetic, because their car came out first in 1886, and everyone else was "behind".
Sorry but not following you here, I am not sure how long before rolling it out, Daimler announced their first car but getting really sick and tired seeing those "teasers" from GM while everyone else just gets their cars done and roll them out. Maybe GM should just stop this annoying campaign until they have something to show? This is why GM is so pathetic.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:47 PM
Vicarious.
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

Now I understand why Hertz did not rent out any vipers, just like they did with corvettes Imagine this, a hardcore car instead of one just looking like one...
I think by now, you've just pissed off every CF member that happened to browse the C7 section. You haven't really proved anything by bashing the vette, other than making an *** out of yourself
Old 04-04-2012, 10:49 PM
petermj
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by jackhall99

Peter is just posting to post recently. Most of what he is posting is now.

I guess I am not following his trollish Corvette bashing when he apparently in in love with clunky, hot, rough riding Viper. Christ, he should just run down and plop a huge deposit down on one, and get the first new Viper on the coast.
I think I would rather wait, if first year of vettes is any indicator, this may be a smart thing to do... I'll be practicing airbrushing FRC to put some extra HP in my vettes
1985 Corvette
Le Mans Master

Received 393 Likes on 237 Posts

Another C7 bashing thread. Nice. This is definitely a fresh, original approach against the trending threads in this section. Not much of a "pissing contest" when a side is already taken. Petermj is trolling the hell out of C7 section though, it reminds me of an old friend from my side of town in C4 section.

On a separate note, the new Viper is hot. I remain the last person on this forum still looking forward to the C7.
jackhall99
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Sorry but not following you here, I am not sure how long before rolling it out, Daimler announced their first car but getting really sick and tired seeing those "teasers" from GM while everyone else just gets their cars done and roll them out. Maybe GM should just stop this annoying campaign until they have something to show? This is why GM is so pathetic.
BS!

GM hasn't put out any teasers. The magazines and a few idiotic 'renderings' from a few sites are all that we have seen.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:51 PM
petermj
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Ironembraced
I think by now, you've just pissed off every CF member that happened to browse the C7 section. You haven't really proved anything by bashing the vette, other than making an *** out of yourself
Dang it, I gotta revisit my actions, I may not get any thumbs up next time another fellow vette owner drives by
Old 04-04-2012, 10:53 PM
petermj
Le Mans Master

BS!

GM hasn't put out any teasers. The magazines and a few idiotic 'renderings' from a few sites are all that we have seen.
Ugh, right, youtube has more than handful of those spy videos too... I would say security sucks at GM if this is really the case. Give yourself that BS flag
Old 04-04-2012, 10:54 PM
jackhall99
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

I think I would rather wait, if first year of vettes is any indicator, this may be a smart thing to do... ....
No numbnutz, do NOT wait and buy a first year C7 or a second year C7. Crap, you don't like it.

I am advising you to run out and buy a first year Viper, the car you LOVE!

I guess I hope everyone ignores your further posts and this thread dies, as it should. I'm done feeding you troll.

Last edited by jackhall99; 04-04-2012 at 10:57 PM.
Old 04-04-2012, 11:03 PM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

but getting really sick and tired seeing those "teasers" from GM while everyone else just gets their cars done and roll them out. Maybe GM should just stop this annoying campaign until they have something to show?
Huh?!

BS!

Exactly.

Originally Posted by 1985 Corvette
Another C7 bashing thread. Nice. This is definitely a fresh, original approach against the trending threads in this section. Not much of a "pissing contest" when a side is already taken. Petermj is trolling the hell out of C7 section though
Old 04-04-2012, 11:03 PM
petermj
Le Mans Master

No numbnutz, do NOT wait and buy a first year C7 or a second year C7. Crap, you don't like it.

I am advising you to run out and buy a first year Viper, the car you LOVE!

I guess I hope everyone ignores your further posts and this thread dies, as it should. I'm done feeding you troll.

No worries, I will not. Pretty sure the next vette will be even more senior citizen friendly than the current one is, right up your alley...

Get notified of new replies

To This is new Viper and C7 still MIA-pathetic1

Old 04-04-2012, 11:06 PM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Pretty sure the next vette will be even more senior citizen friendly than the current one is, right up your alley...
Yet you bought one?
Old 04-04-2012, 11:08 PM
petermj
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by LS1LT1
Yet you bought one?
One? Make it two
Old 04-04-2012, 11:14 PM
michaelinmech
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Seems like we need a Group Purchase of Bran & Prunes around here. And that's not a age related comment - rather an observation of pissing, moaning and complaining that's both too personal and mean spirited.

Bashing a Corvette model that doesn't even exist yet, and fellow Corvette owners, is purposeless and juvenile.

Chrysler/SRT has done a nice job of making customer focused evolutionary changes to the Viper. I've owned a couple and I think they should get credit for implementing improvements. I have every expectation that Chevrolet will do the same with the C7. These cars are clearly not the bread and butter of either manufacturer, rather they are image statements and test beds. Owners of either model should be grateful when one pushes the other into bigger, better and badder products from which we all benefit.

Quick Reply: This is new Viper and C7 still MIA-pathetic1