Sponsored by:

Should GM leak a photo?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2012, 03:19 PM
BluegrassMotorsport
Melting Slicks

Received 883 Likes on 478 Posts

Originally Posted by sajonf
That, and if it was a knockout they would sell far less C6s this year.
See, that is what I am thinking. General Motors is not known to be extremely tight-lipped about their products. So the fact that they are being so secretive about the C7 makes me think that it is going to be very, very good. If they released major selling points of the C7 now, including photos, C6 sales may tank. Chevrolet still needs to make money on the 2013 C6's to help fund future Corvette endeavors.
Old 05-19-2012, 04:14 PM
BuckyThreadkiller
Successful Plumber
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
CF NCM Ambassador
CI 6-7-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10
NCM Member '09

Originally Posted by SanDiegoBert
Although I hate to use the words "rearend" and "leaks" in the same sentence, I hope The General leaks some pics of the C7 rearend.

It will help me decide to get a 427 Vert, or wait for the C7.
My two cents - get the 427 vert.

You know the C7 won't have the 427. Possibly not even a vert at launch.

Remember the 2005 C6 - a decent car but a few teething problems. The doughboy steering wheel, roof delam issues, no A6, LS1 ...

Personally, I wait for the 3rd production year of the new model. I bought a 2008 C6 and it's got the better transmission, revised steering and the better roof.

Get the 427 and in a couple of years you'll know what the C7 really is, and you can make a better decision.
Old 05-19-2012, 09:28 PM
jb_va2001
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
DC Area Events Coordinator

Originally Posted by SanDiegoBert
I'm guessing one of the many C7 vendors is going to try to cash in on a leak. Guessing and hoping, actually.
How does a GM vendor "cash in on a leak"? I don't see an upside other than taking some pleasure in knowing they thrilled some impatient strangers on the internet.

On the other hand, the downside of leaking is huge and obvious. GM could find out the source of the leak, cancel the vendor's contract and cause significant financial harm to the company. If the leaking individual is identified they'd almost certainly be terminated to salvage the vendor's relationship with GM.

Cheers,
JB
Old 05-19-2012, 09:59 PM
Jinx
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by redvette77
See, that is what I am thinking. General Motors is not known to be extremely tight-lipped about their products. So the fact that they are being so secretive about the C7 makes me think that it is going to be very, very good.
Whatever their attitude about other products, which I'd debate but it's not really relevant... General Motors is definitely known to be extremely tight-lipped about a new Corvette.

Look at posts in C6 Discussion from late 2003 -- we didn't have a clue. Some spy photos of camouflaged cars, otherwise bupkis.
Old 05-19-2012, 10:13 PM
BluegrassMotorsport
Melting Slicks

Received 883 Likes on 478 Posts

Originally Posted by Jinx
Whatever their attitude about other products, which I'd debate but it's not really relevant... General Motors is definitely known to be extremely tight-lipped about a new Corvette.

Look at posts in C6 Discussion from late 2003 -- we didn't have a clue. Some spy photos of camouflaged cars, otherwise bupkis.
Well, maybe it is just recently I have noticed this. Whenever GM announces a new car, they do not seem to wait very long to spill the beans.

Whatever, doesn't matter anyhow.
Old 05-20-2012, 03:04 AM
JLinCA
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

We got the leak already and it is not positive.
Old 05-20-2012, 03:16 AM
JLinCA
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Jinx

You know "jinx" you are full of **** as usual. I have every C6 spy photo, the earliest ones were out in April 2003. Cut the crap that you are the guru of early Vette spy pics.

You can clearly see in those photos that is it a C6.
Old 05-20-2012, 05:03 AM
Jinx
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 207 Posts

Oh look, a fan. The funny thing about seeing clearly, it's much easier in hindsight. Once you know what the C6 looks like, you can see it in the spy photos. Before we saw the C6 unveiled, though, we didn't know. Or is there an abundance of C6 'shopped photos prior to the December photo that look spot-on? Or even one?

And how about you back off the stalking, sport?

Quick Reply: Should GM leak a photo?