Sponsored by:

Biggest flaw of C7

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2014, 11:28 PM
TBIRD57
Race Director

Received 235 Likes on 178 Posts

Default changes probably

in the works that will eventually address such issues.
GM is not about to let their work begin to fray.

i must admit i'm feeling better about holding off for awhile and just enjoying the c6 for now. be really nice to get that z06 that will be due later..sigh!
Old 03-02-2014, 12:09 AM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Received 4,031 Likes on 2,905 Posts

Originally Posted by billyboy47
i know a lot of people will disagree on this one but, its my opinion and sticking to it. i went to stroudsburg, chevy the other day to look at the c7 (thinking of trading my 013) they have two on the floor. one is a cyber gray 2lt none z51. the other, is a/w z51 3lt. both beautiful cars. the only thing that really bothered me about the car is "the blind spots" its horrible trying to see rear or sides. it reminds me of the honda cr-z my wife and i looked at a few years back. (wound up buying a toyota) at least the c6 has the wrap around glass that makes it more tolerable. i wish i could test drive the vehicle to get a better perspective of things. sitting in the car i try to envision being on the road looking side to side and in the rear view mirror just seemed a bit difficult. i welcome all opinions, thank you.
If you want to adjust ANY car's left/right rear view mirrors here are generic instructions:

To adjust the LEFT side rear view mirror; adjust it while resting your head on the left side window glass.

To adjust the RIGHT side rear view mirror; adjust it while leaning your body and head into the center of the console region

Finished.

You're welcome.
Old 03-02-2014, 02:15 AM
thedofuss
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i am in a clear MINORITY. i agree with your assessment, as regards REAR VIEW ONLY. i have never driven a vette before, not owned a sports car of any type. the first thing i noticed leaving the dealership was the lack of visibility via the rear view mirror. the visibility overall is the poorest of any car i have ever driven--again, see above qualifications. note that the back up camera helps a LOT. without that, id probably not buy the car, in retrospect. as it is, you have to be far more careful than with a typical family-type car. use your eyes via rotating your head, use all mirrors, and use rear camera--and then be careful. if you do this, id say your okay to go. but you do focus on a real issue--one persons view only.

as regards side view, seems ok, as pointed out elsewhere, subject to the fact most people have no clue how to adjust the side view mirror to begin with. do note that the side mirrors are smaller than i personally would have made them.

Last edited by thedofuss; 03-02-2014 at 02:19 AM.
Old 03-02-2014, 02:19 AM
joz
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JerryU
Some will disagree with me as well but it is worse than my C6! The SAE ’95 paper on setting up your mirrors, which some have shown, is what I use. However that was based on having a wide view in the rear view center mirror. With the C7 you don’t. Did not use a blind spot mirror on my C6 which I had for 6 years (nor my ’93 or ’87) but I added one to the C7! It works great especially on the driver’s side. Set the mirrors to see far out as described by the SAE paper but you lose perspective of what you’re seeing relative to the C7. Look at the small blind spot oval glass mirror and you see both. At night the driver side mirror as well as the center mirror darken. The spot mirror does not and is small enough to not create excess glare. If you see a bright light use caution! With this addition and learning to use all mirrors I am very comfortable driving on the highway.
Check out the photos I took with a car on either side and see the difference at: netwelding.com/reports_vette_info.htm
Each of us has an opinion and that is mine.
I agree with you. Especially with motorcycles.

Quick Reply: Biggest flaw of C7