Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2014, 01:05 PM
Zoomin
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 217 Likes on 160 Posts
2018 C2 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15, '19

Those recalls and lawsuits have to be paid some how, that's why the change of heart.
Old 08-05-2014, 01:42 PM
Bill17601
AIR FORCE VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 439 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by Higgs Boson
I think it holds exactly as much weight as I think it does, having a marketing degree and a masters in bidness and having worked for the factory side of the business.....I know exactly how much they look at a forum.....

I'll clue you in, we are outliers. Enthusiasts. We are not normal. We flip out over orange peel. We come to tears when there are bugs on our cars. We modify and measure millimeters. We provide skewed perceptions. There is no news about Corvette paint. There is no talk of it at the dealers or on the streets. We photograph it and obsess over it online. Walk outside and very few people care at all. Let's not be self absorbed. The buck does not stop here.
I think this is the best post I have ever read on the Forum. I always loved it when earlier in the year people threatened not to buy or threatened to cancel an order like it would upset Bowling Green or GM for that matter.
Old 08-05-2014, 01:56 PM
Larry/car
Race Director

Received 621 Likes on 423 Posts

If you think about it, GM is doing pretty much what we thought. We expected a price increase sometime during the 2014 model year run. Got that in April. We expected a 2015 price increase, yep got that too. Didn't expect the navigation/camcorder pricing; + $1,000 price adjustment. Oh Crystal Ball -----------.
Old 08-05-2014, 01:59 PM
Mike Mercury
Team Owner

Received 173 Likes on 107 Posts

well; i think this increase explains why GM witheld the 2015 Corvette from the Build-a-Car list; the knew (obviously) about the increase all along.
Old 08-05-2014, 02:36 PM
Crawler
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Corvette isn't the only model line that sees mid year and model year price increases. Pretty much every model in the line up sees increases.

This isn't specific to Chevrolet either.

Nor, is it a C7 "tax".

C6 base price for a 2005 was 43,000, by 2013 it was 51,000. Remember everybody talking about how great a deal a C7 was at only 2k over the MSRP of a 2013?

Had their not been incremental price increases then the price jump would have been 10k.

Tahoes and Silverados are perfect examples of this in the Chevry line up.

The silverado saw a price increase of 1800 in october even though the trucks had only been out since July. They have seen a couple price increases since then as well.

Other manufactures do the same.
Old 08-05-2014, 02:39 PM
Crawler
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know the first argument to my statement will be that those models have all seen rebates. Keep in mind rebates are proportionate to the amount of available inventory in a specific model, configuration, and option package.

When supply outruns demand or a model loses market share, then you will see rebates in order to entice buyers.
Old 08-05-2014, 02:57 PM
Algiers
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Higgs Boson
I think it holds exactly as much weight as I think it does, having a marketing degree and a masters in bidness and having worked for the factory side of the business.....I know exactly how much they look at a forum.....

I'll clue you in, we are outliers. Enthusiasts. We are not normal. We flip out over orange peel. We come to tears when there are bugs on our cars. We modify and measure millimeters. We provide skewed perceptions. There is no news about Corvette paint. There is no talk of it at the dealers or on the streets. We photograph it and obsess over it online. Walk outside and very few people care at all. Let's not be self absorbed. The buck does not stop here.
I was certain you worked in physics based on your handle. Your description is dead on for me. My friends have to frequently remind that it's just a car and it's healthy to get that occasional bit of reality.
Old 08-05-2014, 02:59 PM
Dr. ice
Melting Slicks

Received 957 Likes on 608 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Mercury
well; i think this increase explains why GM witheld the 2015 Corvette from the Build-a-Car list; the knew (obviously) about the increase all along.
Good point!
Old 08-05-2014, 03:15 PM
runutzzzzz
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

So with that logic, The 2015 C7 should be up on www.CHEVY.com already?
Old 08-05-2014, 03:23 PM
runutzzzzz
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by onyx_z71
That's an interesting point, because on my Workbench paperwork from my order in January, it showed MSRP, supplier, and GMS pricing even though the programs were not accepted by GM at the time. If your Workbench paperwork doesn't show those figures, it could be an issue.
Pricing hasn't been "officially released" to the public yet, correct?

Does anyone know if Supplier is indeed not price protected?
Old 08-05-2014, 04:25 PM
TOVetteFan
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EvoX2008
While I don't disagree with you about the business practice, and $1k isn't a ton of money when compared to the overall price of the car, It would have been nice if they had just changed the price for the 2015 model instead of releasing pricing and then changing their minds a month later. It's not the amount... it's the way that they do it that is just annoying.

That being said, I wouldn't exactly compare a C7 to an Enzo or other hyper exotic. Hell mid to end cycle Chevy will be giving you several thousand $ if you own a vette and buy another vette... Big difference between those who buy a vette and those who buy a car with a 100k dealer assessment.
I think you are missing the point of what GM did... They released an initial 2015 price with no change, allowing dealers to order cars for clients that didn't get their 2014 cars built, and got them price protection, so they only got hit with the mid year increase, at worst, from 2014. And even then, probably not, because most of the cars ordered pre-price increase probably got built in 2014, so it was mostly the late 2014 orders, after the price increase, that didn't get filled. Thus, those customers get their 2015 at the price of the 2014 they had tried to order. AND, those that held out for the 2015's and jumped fast didn't pay more than those who got late '14s. They actually did a good thing, but on the Corvette Forum, no good deed goes unpunished, especially if GM or a dealer does it! ;-)

The biggest irony is if you go back a year, and see all the price predictions on what the C7 was going to come out at, it is pretty much there right now, a model year later, and we still have complainers. Such is life....
Old 08-05-2014, 04:32 PM
Corgidog1
Le Mans Master

Received 2,525 Likes on 1,483 Posts

Lets hope that GM doesn't start to get too greedy and start to ruin the best bang for the buck scenario over the next few years. A thousand here, two thousand there, a forced option here and there and soon the price starts to approach 911 land.
Old 08-05-2014, 05:29 PM
dr4carz
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

No surprise, that"s what the oil companies do. They raise the price of gas to a ridiculous amount so everybody cries, then they drop the price a little and everybody is happy. Trouble is they still got the increase in price they wanted and everybody assumed the oil company did them a favor by giving them a small break in price. Yea I am one who really is counting on supplier discount. I would venture to say there are a lot of folks that would reconsider buying a new Stingray if discount was not available.
Old 08-05-2014, 05:33 PM
dr4carz
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I currently have a 15 Stingray ordered prior to increase and have a courtesy delivery scheduled to Crest Chevy when my order is shipped. Does anybody know if I change my courtesy delivery to another dealer if I will be charged the price increase?
Old 08-05-2014, 05:40 PM
Mdm23
Drifting

Received 75 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by dr4carz
No surprise, that"s what the oil companies do. They raise the price of gas to a ridiculous amount so everybody cries, then they drop the price a little and everybody is happy. Trouble is they still got the increase in price they wanted and everybody assumed the oil company did them a favor by giving them a small break in price. Yea I am one who really is counting on supplier discount. I would venture to say there are a lot of folks that would reconsider buying a new Stingray if discount was not available.
I only bought my '14 because of the discount.
Old 08-05-2014, 05:49 PM
Mike Mercury
Team Owner

Received 173 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by runutzzzzz
So with that logic, The 2015 C7 should be up on www.CHEVY.com already?
whelp; there you go... using "logic"

I can't think of a reason to not have the 2015 on the sites now; but like all the others... this morning I checked both Chevrolet.com and GM Family First; neither listing the '15 Corvette yet
Old 08-05-2014, 07:15 PM
runutzzzzz
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

whelp; there you go... using "logic"

I can't think of a reason to not have the 2015 on the sites now; but like all the others... this morning I checked both Chevrolet.com and GM Family First; neither listing the '15 Corvette yet
LOL!

I think they don't have the guide up yet because they are just too lazy...

Get notified of new replies

To 2015 Corvette Price Increase

Old 08-05-2014, 07:48 PM
FLYNLO
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dr4carz
I currently have a 15 Stingray ordered prior to increase and have a courtesy delivery scheduled to Crest Chevy when my order is shipped. Does anybody know if I change my courtesy delivery to another dealer if I will be charged the price increase?
I very seriously doubt it. The courtesy dealer is doing just that...providing a courtesy. They are really in no way involved with the actual deal. All of the paperwork price and fees are established by the dealer that you bought the car from. The courtesy dealer just accepts the car and may do a few things. I don't know if you have done this before but you will "close" on the car with your dealer...not the courtesy dealer. And you will likely do that thru the overnighting and faxing of paperwork. The courtesy dealer is totally separate from all of that paper shuffle...which is actually the money.

But don't listen to a guy on the internet....get confirmation from the dealer that I selling you the car.
Old 08-05-2014, 08:06 PM
b4i4getit
Le Mans Master

Received 285 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by dovervold
Exactly my thoughts as well. Some people were saying how the 2014's were going to depreciate like a rock when the 2015's hit the floor. I think not...
The 2014 did depreciate. Try trading it in at your dealer and ordering a new one.
Old 08-05-2014, 08:31 PM
NoOne
Team Owner

Received 503 Likes on 247 Posts

I suspect we will see a few price increases over time.

When there is value, price does not matter.

So just have to find the point where people find more value in a more expensive car. Part of it really is not just the car from a enthusiast standpoint but overall the quality seems to be high across the board.

However if Chevy keeps upping the price, they will have to continue to increase the value of the vehicle with features and improvements.

Quick Reply: 2015 Corvette Price Increase