Sponsored by:

2015 Corvette Price Increase

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2014, 01:04 AM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

Originally Posted by Zevo
So, I ordered my 2015 on 6/24. I have a TPW of 8/25 w/ status of 3000, so the car should be price protected. however, on the workbench paper they gave me it says...Order type: TRE Retail stock. Then there is an area that says DAN: with my last name after DAN:

So my question is will I be price protected? I will be pissed if I'm not.

I will call tomorrow, but any expert opinion would be greatly appreciated.
Originally Posted by Dr. ice
I am no expert but I bet your fine. Mine says SRE-retail sold......whatever that means. But you wouldn't have a workbench for any car other than what you ordered. I am sure it has you name under the customer section at the top. I would call my dealer as well.....but I really don't think you have anything to worry about.
Dr. Ice is correct - you will be fine.
Old 08-05-2014, 01:06 AM
Dr. ice
Melting Slicks

Received 957 Likes on 608 Posts

Originally Posted by Zevo
Hope you're correct. The fact that mine says retail stock worries me. Granted that's the initial workbench order and I guess it could be different now.
I would call them in the morning and have them send you an updated workbench. That will also show your current status code. Sleep well...... You will be fine.
Old 08-05-2014, 01:17 AM
Zevo
Racer

Received 82 Likes on 44 Posts

Cool. Thanks guys. Really hate the idea of blowing a thousand bucks for nothing.
Old 08-05-2014, 04:03 AM
Mdm23
Drifting

Received 75 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry/car
If Chevrolet continues the upward price spiral, it soon will be cheaper to purchase a Nissan GT-R. Well maybe not, you get the picture. Remember GM does read these comments, many were saying how underpriced the C7 is/was. Sooooo, the Corvette is way over priced, what do they think their selling, Gold.
Maybe they'll follow Nissan's GT-R trend. In 09 it was barely $70k. Now it's a $100k.
Old 08-05-2014, 09:07 AM
Larry/car
Race Director

Received 621 Likes on 423 Posts

Originally Posted by Mdm23
Maybe they'll follow Nissan's GT-R trend. In 09 it was barely $70k. Now it's a $100k.
m The manufacturer will charge what the customer is willing to pay. Many here on the forum keep telling GM how much of a bargain the C7 is. Why tell them that? GM the price of the Corvette is starting to get into overpriced territory. Remember the number of units produced in 2013.
Old 08-05-2014, 09:51 AM
Higgs Boson
Race Director

Received 2,379 Likes on 1,238 Posts

m The manufacturer will charge what the customer is willing to pay. Many here on the forum keep telling GM how much of a bargain the C7 is. Why tell them that? GM the price of the Corvette is starting to get into overpriced territory. Remember the number of units produced in 2013.
Come on, you think 4 comments on a forum is stronger than a clear nationwide lack of supply vs demand??? They are painting them with brushes and they still can't get them out fast enough......raising prices will balance demand with gross when they are already making as many as possible.
Old 08-05-2014, 10:13 AM
Larry/car
Race Director

Received 621 Likes on 423 Posts

Originally Posted by Higgs Boson
Come on, you think 4 comments on a forum is stronger than a clear nationwide lack of supply vs demand??? They are painting them with brushes and they still can't get them out fast enough......raising prices will balance demand with gross when they are already making as many as possible.
I know a few comments on the forum will not change a thing. That was not the point. The point is the manufacturer (GM) keeps raising the price and people shrug it of as no big deal. WELL, It is a big deal if allowed to continue. example: Nissan's GT-R current MSRP over $ 100,000. Customers have to sound the alarm or prices will continue skyward.
Old 08-05-2014, 10:28 AM
AmmoVet
Melting Slicks

Received 348 Likes on 244 Posts

I know a few comments on the forum will not change a thing. That was not the point. The point is the manufacturer (GM) keeps raising the price and people shrug it of as no big deal. WELL, It is a big deal if allowed to continue. example: Nissan's GT-R current MSRP over $ 100,000. Customers have to sound the alarm or prices will continue skyward.
Agree, I've decided to wait til 2016 based on several factors. If the base price goes up too much GM will lose me as a new car buyer and I probably won't get a used one either til years down the road.
Old 08-05-2014, 10:29 AM
Mdm23
Drifting

So I guess we should expect them to lower prices back to the original launch price when demand tapers, huh?
Old 08-05-2014, 10:31 AM
EvoX2008
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I guess we should expect them to lower prices back to the original launch price when demand tapers, huh?
The MSRP won't go down but you can be sure that the actual price paid will be adjusted. When demand goes down they'll start offering rebates.
Old 08-05-2014, 10:45 AM
Mdm23
Drifting

I bet the comments on these forums hold more weight than you think. What better place to get a feel for what the Corvette community thinks.
Old 08-05-2014, 10:49 AM
Higgs Boson
Race Director

The GTR came out at like 70K and dealers were selling them for 20 grand over MSRP all day long.

Nissan isn't stupid. Economics 101 was the easiest course I took in college. I'm not sure why the concept of supply and demand pricing is not easily understood.....but maybe it is and people are just emotional when they can't afford something. That's why they have base models and cheaper cars. Not everyone gets the ZR1.

Originally Posted by EvoX2008
The MSRP won't go down but you can be sure that the actual price paid will be adjusted. When demand goes down they'll start offering rebates.
precisely
Old 08-05-2014, 10:54 AM
Higgs Boson
Race Director

I bet the comments on these forums hold more weight than you think. What better place to get a feel for what the Corvette community thinks.
I think it holds exactly as much weight as I think it does, having a marketing degree and a masters in bidness and having worked for the factory side of the business.....I know exactly how much they look at a forum.....

I'll clue you in, we are outliers. Enthusiasts. We are not normal. We flip out over orange peel. We come to tears when there are bugs on our cars. We modify and measure millimeters. We provide skewed perceptions. There is no news about Corvette paint. There is no talk of it at the dealers or on the streets. We photograph it and obsess over it online. Walk outside and very few people care at all. Let's not be self absorbed. The buck does not stop here.
Old 08-05-2014, 10:55 AM
ny32182
Le Mans Master

Received 144 Likes on 88 Posts

4k price increase:

Ok.

4k off coupes:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-d...chevrolet.html

5.5k off convertibles:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-d...chevrolet.html

And this is still the first model year.

As long as you don't "just gotta have" the leading edge of a new model year, you'll be able to get a good deal on a new one for years to come. And the sticker surely will not go up $4200 a year, year over year for long.
Old 08-05-2014, 10:57 AM
ChucksZ06
Drifting

Received 55 Likes on 23 Posts

I'll clue you in, we are outliers. Enthusiasts. We are not normal. We flip out over orange peel. We come to tears when there are bugs on our cars. We modify and measure millimeters. We provide skewed perceptions. There is no news about Corvette paint. There is no talk of it at the dealers or on the streets. We photograph it and obsess over it online. Walk outside and very few people care at all. Let's not be self absorbed. The buck does not stop here.

Now that is a mouthful. I totally agree with you.
Old 08-05-2014, 11:05 AM
ChucksZ06
Drifting

Received 55 Likes on 23 Posts

Just keep waiting. I paid 54,750 for my car. Same car is now 59,000. At the rate things are going my car is not depreciating very much. The market recognizes value and gm is striking while the iron is hot. I do not like it personally but it is the way the world works. The future is not available to all of us. Some cannot wait for the car to become oversupplied. I know I smile every time I get in mine. I think the base cars will become oversupplied next year and decent discounts will be offered on base models.
Old 08-05-2014, 12:09 PM
Glen e
Race Director

Received 944 Likes on 497 Posts
Tech Contributor

I think it holds exactly as much weight as I think it does, having a marketing degree and a masters in bidness and having worked for the factory side of the business.....I know exactly how much they look at a forum.....

thank you! The people that matter don't look at a damn thing here...believe me I know, having worked for 3 mfrs - there are no VIN's attached and it is all heresay and many are not owners!...not many people at all read here and the ones that do are not the decision makers....it's just forum babble...I love the ones that start out " an open letter to GM about....." may as well write your dog.....and please don't tell me about the chevy cust serv people...they provide a very diff function to GM than feedback...

Get notified of new replies

To 2015 Corvette Price Increase

Old 08-05-2014, 12:30 PM
runutzzzzz
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

My dealer said at supplier pricing, you are NOT price protected.

Supplier pricing hasn't even been released yet so it doesn't even matter?

Truth to this?
Old 08-05-2014, 12:35 PM
HolyRoller
Drifting

Received 39 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. ice
Nah......he is just a high end wine drinker that wants to believe he has more money than anyone on the forum. If you take the time to go to his history and read his posts you'll find his comments are consistently degrading to others on this forum.
But he posts 50 times a day and makes the forum look busy to advertisers, so he'll never be banned. Introduce him to your ignore list and drive on.

Those of you who don't think $1,000 is a big deal, please send $1,000 to me. Those of you who don't think $14/month is a big deal, please arrange for that amount to be drafted from your account into mine every month.

That said, if the market won't really bear the additional price, then dealers will discount accordingly. At my nearest forum dealer, Hendrick Chevy of Cary, you can pick from 19 convertibles, 2LT or 3LT, Z51 or base, all discounted by $3,000. Funny, that's about the same as the price increase five months ago.
Old 08-05-2014, 12:56 PM
onyx_z71
Pro

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by runutzzzzz
My dealer said at supplier pricing, you are NOT price protected.

Supplier pricing hasn't even been released yet so it doesn't even matter?

Truth to this?
That's an interesting point, because on my Workbench paperwork from my order in January, it showed MSRP, supplier, and GMS pricing even though the programs were not accepted by GM at the time. If your Workbench paperwork doesn't show those figures, it could be an issue.

Quick Reply: 2015 Corvette Price Increase