Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Am I being non-realistic?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2015, 11:42 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,305 Likes on 13,977 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

But if you think the price is not a good deal, try another dealer - perhaps a major player in the Corvette world. See what they would do.
Old 08-10-2015, 08:35 AM
Ernest_T
Drifting

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by C7cmnthru
The sales person is playing you and IMO he/she is an idiot. 1. Walk away. (my choice). Make sure the sales Manager knows your offer before you leave. One way to do that is to put your counter offer on the sales order and make your sales person bring you back a signed rejection. If he refuses, walk over to another sales person and ask him/her if they really want to sell a car. That will frost the person you were dealing with. Have some fun with it. 2. Go see the General Manager and make the offer. Bring them the market research. That's only if you really want this car. 3. Go online and if your sales person isn't the internet sales person, make an offer on line. My experience is that they will not great you like crap. 4. Contact MacMulkin, Kerbeck, or Criswell and buy from them.
I've asked to change salesmen when I didn't like dealing with the one that latched on to me when I walked into the dealership. I can't fathom not taking an offer to the sales manager, no matter how ridiculous, to get things started.
Old 08-10-2015, 08:46 AM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,929 Likes on 4,810 Posts

Originally Posted by obxchartercaptain
WOW....I get the feeling that some of you want the dealer to PAY YOU to take their car....Fact is the dealer ANY dealer is in business to make money just like any other business. Buying a car has been and always will be negotiating for the best deal. If you offer a price and the dealer says NO either you walk away or offer more money....I also assume if there is a trade involved some of you want RETAIL for it....In this day and age ..... there is such a thing as a computer....and it will tell you, if you put the right info into it, what the dealer will sell a car for.....and what your trade in is worth.... use that knowledge to obtain the BEST deal....it is just that simple....GEEESH
Old 08-10-2015, 03:14 PM
Jimbob26
Burning Brakes

Received 81 Likes on 64 Posts

Just walk away if you don't get your price. I love the satisfaction of the phone call from the salesman a couple of days later who now suddenly wants to deal. And if they don't call back go elsewhere - there's lots of cars out there at other dealerships waiting for a loving home.

Quick Reply: Am I being non-realistic?