Sponsored by:

Fred Jackson crashes Z06 outside Seahawks facility

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2015, 12:24 PM
Kev4
Racer

Received 146 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Karanx7
You would venture wrong. Look at the picture, the rear tires are lifted as well. Certainly a flat bed would be ideal, but sometimes you have no choice.
You're right the manual is wrong. Have you ever seen a tow driver carefully towing a car to the body shop, it would be an oddity. Tow drivers work on a process of speed because they are paid via piece work. There is no since of value to them because its not their car. They are just interested in the fee. They will NEVER tow my car that way. Jackson should of demanded a Flat Bed as per the OWNERS MANUAL. I know they just write those manuals because they have nothing else to do and I would "venture" to think they want to protect there jobs by just haphazardly jotting down some requirements that owners' not need follow.

Last edited by Kev4; 10-21-2015 at 02:41 PM.
Old 10-21-2015, 12:27 PM
Runs11s
Pro

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

Just glad he didn't take out some innocent bystander or driver with his ignorance.

Stupid is as stupid does.
Old 10-21-2015, 02:46 PM
m3incorp
Burning Brakes

Received 211 Likes on 157 Posts

He is not the first and won't be the last. I've learned a long time ago that the media reports what they want you to hear...not saying it isn't true but I wasn't there. I do know that some have crashed who definitely know how to drive. Making fun of bad news, where have we gone? We should all be trying to be a role model for fourOnefive and advising him that just because people buy fast cars doesn't mean they are good drivers and that people crash and accidents happen for many reasons.
Old 10-21-2015, 03:08 PM
tmarko
CorvetteForum Editor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Front Page Coverage

At least no one was injured. Here's my front page take on it...
https://www.corvetteforum.com/articl...d-c7-corvette/
Old 10-21-2015, 03:54 PM
Bavaria
Burning Brakes

Received 122 Likes on 93 Posts

If his speed was the same as his I.Q. there would have been no damage.
Old 10-21-2015, 05:47 PM
Karanx7
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Kev4
You're right the manual is wrong. Have you ever seen a tow driver carefully towing a car to the body shop, it would be an oddity. Tow drivers work on a process of speed because they are paid via piece work. There is no since of value to them because its not their car. They are just interested in the fee. They will NEVER tow my car that way. Jackson should of demanded a Flat Bed as per the OWNERS MANUAL. I know they just write those manuals because they have nothing else to do and I would "venture" to think they want to protect there jobs by just haphazardly jotting down some requirements that owners' not need follow.
I'm sorry, but there's absolutely nothing wrong with the way that car is being towed. Stereotyping tow truck drivers isn't relevant.

You thought there would be additional damage because of the tow, but you thought wrong.
Old 10-21-2015, 07:15 PM
jimmyb
Race Director

Received 4,248 Likes on 2,023 Posts

Uhh....He had an accident....nothing to do with being an NFL'er, or low IQ (that's rich), or anything else.

So, I guess no one here has ever had a fast car get away from them, right? And you were LUCKY not to hit anything (or anyone) or was it all those mad driver skills that permeate this forum?

Some of you guys crack me up, must be nice to be perfect.

Jimmy
Old 10-21-2015, 10:20 PM
Kev4
Racer

Originally Posted by Karanx7
I'm sorry, but there's absolutely nothing wrong with the way that car is being towed. Stereotyping tow truck drivers isn't relevant.

You thought there would be additional damage because of the tow, but you thought wrong.
Try and have a nice day, I know it may be difficult for some people with limited reading skills to actual understand the bases of the instructions in the owners manual. You know what I mean, I am sure your way of everything is always better then any of GM's technical division assertions. What do they know anyway? By the way, you are the one who persists on continuing this stupid "I know better" conversation. So let us just end it now.

I am also sure you meant to say "Irrelevant" no charge for the grammar correction.
Old 10-21-2015, 10:43 PM
jimmyb
Race Director

Received 4,248 Likes on 2,023 Posts

Originally Posted by Kev4
Try and have a nice day, I know it may be difficult for some people with limited reading skills to actual understand the bases of the instructions in the owners manual. You know what I mean, I am sure your way of everything is always better then any of GM's technical division assertions. What do they know anyway? By the way, you are the one who persists on continuing this stupid "I know better" conversation. So let us just end it now.

I am also sure you meant to say "Irrelevant" no charge for the grammar correction.
"Bases" are on a baseball diamond.
"Basis" is the word you are looking for.

And no charge for the grammar correction, I'm selfless that way.
Old 10-21-2015, 10:49 PM
Kev4
Racer

Originally Posted by jimmyb
"Bases" are on a baseball diamond.
"Basis" is the word you are looking for.

And no charge for the grammar correction, I'm selfless that way.
Touche. What a great Baseball game tonight. "Go Jays Go" Have a good one..
Old 10-21-2015, 11:59 PM
kevincol
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 109 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by DAVE396LT1
Depends who you ask: CNN says Jackson was driving too fast, crashed, and Marshwan Lynch stopped to check on him. TMZ says they were street racing (I don't follow TMZ, don't know how "accurate" they are).

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...after-practice

Black Z06 with NY plates, so likely Jackson's car (he came from the Bills).

Seems everyone is OK, car doesn't look totalled in the pics.
Local news said that Renton police said there was no evidence of drag racing.

Quick Reply: Fred Jackson crashes Z06 outside Seahawks facility