ACS Double Fin Diffuser Conversion kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2016, 04:38 PM
0ACS Composite
Former Vendor

Received 79 Likes on 50 Posts
Default ACS Double Fin Diffuser Conversion kit

Presenting the all new, ACS-C7 Corvette diffuser DUAL fin per tunnel system

The Corvette Stingray is, of course a phenomenon. The Corvette name and design is synonymous with top-notch Americana and in the Stingray, they created the model that easily offers the greatest style, performance and optimal comfort per dollars spent. At ACS, however, we never rest easy, even when we’ve already improved on near perfection with our previous diffuser fin system. A result of listening to owners and relentless investigation, our new dual fin setup works some seriously alchemical magic on the Stingray’s or Z06 rear end design.

The fact that each diffuser panel is now adorned with not one but two fins really does, we’re confident you’ll agree, add some seriously kick *** attitude to the vehicle’s derriere! Of course, being ACS parts, these visually stimulating additions will do more for your Corvette than add ‘va va voom’. Our diffuser fins will help to:

Stimulate airflow in the integrated diffuser by redirecting the rear airflow in a linear direction, helping to improve airflow in the undercarriage
Boost the vehicle’s aerodynamics as a result of a reduction in turbulent air at the rear end. The diffusers act to direct fast-moving air away from the undercarriage as it decelerates and expands
‘High performance design’ (clearly the Corvette is already this) is not synonymous with perfect design and each ACS addition is constructed with the intention of making subtle tweaks that drive your vehicle closer to the edge of fathomable design perfection.

The facts: ACS-C7 Stingray Corvette diffuser dual Fins

- Designed for all Stingray C7s, coupes, convertibles or Z06
- Complements existing OEM diffuser
- Manufactured in highest quality ABS composite material, same material as the diffuser already on your car.
- Available in Carbon Flash Black finish, to match your car’s diffuser or
- Unpainted to be custom detailed to match your car's color
- Simple installation (with supplied templates) using 3 SEM bolts each side
- 25 minute per side installation time

Product Link

http://acscomposite.com/collections/...ins-2-per-side

Unpainted 349$
Painted Carbon Flash Black 449$

Product Link

http://acscomposite.com/collections/...ins-2-per-side

Last edited by ACS Composite; 03-10-2016 at 04:39 PM.
The following users liked this post:
///ADMAN (05-16-2016)

Popular Reply

03-21-2016, 02:08 AM
Jet Vet
Pro

Received 191 Likes on 116 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16

I just received my order of the dual fin per side package, and here's my experience with installation as well as a product review. Everything arrived well packaged, including the fins, plastic bag of mounting hardware, instructions and tape-on pattern for drilling holes in precise locations.

The instructions are short and easy to follow. I ordered mine unpainted to save $100 bucks, and if you go that route here's what you need to know. The fins are primed but they have manufacturing marks in the surfaces that you may want to sand out. I didn't bother with that because you just can't see that kind of detail on that area of the car unless you crawl underneath and inspect it at very close range. I also used gloss black paint because again, you just can't tell black from carbon flash unless you get down there close up, it all looks black.

Next, when you cut out the pattern, which will be taped to the valance to mark the holes for drilling, I recommend you use a magic marker to add notes that will make it easier to orient it. You'll notice that the original printing ends up inverted when the pattern is placed against the valance. I also found it useful to use the two screws at the bottom to hold it in place for taping, then remove them again after drilling the holes.

NOTE: You'll see in these pictures that I have the car up on jack stands all around with the wheels removed. I was doing track prep on my brakes, but all you will need to do is jack up the rear end, and if you remove the lower valance as I show in the next few pictures, you won't even need to do that.

I found it very helpful to also remove the three screws on the outside bottom of the valance (in addition to the two on each side the instructions call for) to make it easier to get your arm behind it to tighten the mounting screws. After installing the two driver's side fins I decided to do the passenger side by removing the entire lower valance beforehand, to make it easier to install the interior mounting hardware. This is NOT NECESSARY, I just wanted to see how much difference there would be. Without removing the valance, it is a very tight fit to work on the middle and upper attaching screws and washers. You'll need a 7mm ratcheting box wrench, and its tedious and relatively slow going. I've removed the lower valance before (NOT the entire rear end) so I already knew how easy that is, and working standing up with everything open and right in front of you really simplifies things. If you go this route, just be careful when detaching the crosshatched louvers at each side, they must be pushed out from the back side after removing all other attaching points, in order to avoid breaking them.

All four fins fit perfectly, tightening down snuggly and looking like they are part of the valance. Removing the valance, installing the fins and re-installing the valance takes all of 30 minutes. I'm very happy with the finished product and the look.

Old 03-10-2016, 05:23 PM
Jet Vet
Pro

Received 191 Likes on 116 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16

Okay, I'll give these a try, unpainted, since I'm handy with auto paint, to keep the price reasonable. I'm headed to your website to order now and I'll post a review here when I get them installed.

JV
Rooster OG (03-10-2016)
Old 03-10-2016, 05:29 PM
Silverboost
Racer

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

So....they cost $199.99 for two fins but $450 for 4?
Old 03-10-2016, 05:35 PM
Keith N
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Look very nice!
Old 03-10-2016, 05:37 PM
bob53
Melting Slicks

Received 302 Likes on 138 Posts

Can they be attached with adhesive instead of bolts to avoid drilling holes in the lower bumper?
Old 03-10-2016, 05:45 PM
familyman's C7
Burning Brakes

Received 68 Likes on 39 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by Silverboost
2 unpainted black plastic for $199
4 unpainted black plastic for $349
Old 03-10-2016, 05:49 PM
0ACS Composite
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Silverboost

no, comparing unpainted single fin per tunnel ($199), to double fin per tunnel unpainted ($349)
Old 03-10-2016, 06:34 PM
Z06 1of38
Drifting

Received 677 Likes on 333 Posts

I bought your original fins (2 total, 1 per side)...

I haven't yet installed them, can I simply order two more fins or are these dedicated per inner and outer, right and left?
Old 03-10-2016, 07:41 PM
Silverboost
Racer

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by ACS Composite
no, comparing unpainted single fin per tunnel ($199), to double fin per tunnel unpainted ($349)
My bad. I figured I was missing something. I have a ACS front splitter and side skirts. They look awesome! Now I just need the diffusers.
Old 03-10-2016, 07:43 PM
0ACS Composite
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Z06 1of38
I bought your original fins (2 total, 1 per side)...

I haven't yet installed them, can I simply order two more fins or are these dedicated per inner and outer, right and left?
You'll need to send them back and we'll swap them out for you.
SterlingDrive (01-20-2017)
Old 03-10-2016, 08:10 PM
Z06 1of38
Drifting

Received 677 Likes on 333 Posts

Originally Posted by ACS Composite
You'll need to send them back and we'll swap them out for you.

Thanks Joseph, I'll call you tomorrow.
Old 03-10-2016, 09:18 PM
///ADMAN
Melting Slicks

Received 471 Likes on 307 Posts

Awesome!!! I think a few of us from another thread will be ordering some - if another vendor isn't feeling well soon.
He needs to stop posting pictures of his shop and post photos of our orders being completed instead.

These will match my ACS Composite skirts nicely. I knew I should have waited...
Old 03-10-2016, 09:20 PM
Rooster OG
Le Mans Master

Received 1,694 Likes on 1,240 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

These look nice. I look forward to hearing about an install or two before I take the leap.
Old 03-10-2016, 10:02 PM
vettman96
Drifting

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

Pretty nice, but I can't justify the price for what they are.
!00%DISVET (03-10-2016)
Old 03-10-2016, 10:41 PM
macdaddy548
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Jeeze, could you have possibly used more words to describe a couple of bolt on fins?
smajicek (03-13-2017)
Old 03-12-2016, 04:11 PM
chefcg1
Melting Slicks

Received 562 Likes on 379 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by ///ADMAN
Awesome!!! I think a few of us from another thread will be ordering some - if another vendor isn't feeling well soon.
He needs to stop posting pictures of his shop and post photos of our orders being completed instead.

These will match my ACS Composite skirts nicely. I knew I should have waited...
I just received shipping confirmation from the other vender...
Old 03-13-2016, 12:35 PM
halt00
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by bob53
Can they be attached with adhesive instead of bolts to avoid drilling holes in the lower bumper?
Interested in this as well, so far all my mods can be un-done - not a drill in bit used!

Get notified of new replies

To ACS Double Fin Diffuser Conversion kit

Old 03-13-2016, 03:39 PM
tyho
Racer

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by vettman96
I agree. I want to get the rear quarter vents as well as these fins, but the price?????? I am Canada so I have another 30% exchange plus shipping, yikes!!
Old 03-13-2016, 05:19 PM
0ACS Composite
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by bob53

Our instructions call for drilling some holes in the diffuser and bolting them on. Of course, if you wish, they can be installed using two way tape, I am not a fan of it, but yes, why not. There is a back surface to it.

As for the diffuser, it is fairly cheap from GM, and it comes painted in CFZ, so if you ever wanted to go back to diffuser-less, that would be a good option, and you'd sleep better knowing there is no risk of parts flying off your car at high speed.

Just seen too many failures with two way tape.
Old 03-13-2016, 05:28 PM
0ACS Composite
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by vettman96
Of course, pricing, or product value is always questionable. Some may say expensive, others may consider them cheap. I guess getting the full story is needed.

Do consider these were Cad designed, and produced in plastic injection. Not Hand Crafted, or Hand Laminated. The reason i say this is too justify the R&D or start up cost involved with a parts of this caliber. Each process has its pros and cons.

The pros, are durability, perfect fit, and quality. The con's is the start up investment considering the aftermarket volume, and as you may know the aftermarket is not like Bowling Green volumes, but a niche, exclusive market.

The parts are made from a P20 Steel Tool ! This was the only way to get a perfect fitting part to meet the required criterias. Every part we produce will meet the same OEM standards, whether we are building parts directly for GM or the aftermarket, we strive to have the same quality standard. Something i am very proud of.

Here is a write up if you care to learn more about us.

http://acscomposite.com/blogs/news/75518405-acs-parts-engineered-from-the-ground-up

Last edited by ACS Composite; 03-14-2016 at 10:33 AM.

Quick Reply: ACS Double Fin Diffuser Conversion kit