Any C7 owners use the "BlockI" sound deadener Mat

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2016, 09:18 PM
nmvettec7
Safety Car

Received 850 Likes on 493 Posts
Default Any C7 owners use the "BlockI" sound deadener Mat

Perhaps you can help.

What is the thickness of the "BlockIt Mat" that goes into the rear cargo area?

Did you lay it on top of the carpet, or place the mat under the carpet?

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-18-2016, 10:48 PM
Oskee
Pro

Received 108 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by nmvettec7
Perhaps you can help.

What is the thickness of the "BlockIt Mat" that goes into the rear cargo area?

Did you lay it on top of the carpet, or place the mat under the carpet?

Thanks in advance.
Mine is 3/4 inch thick I layed it on top of the carpet in the cargo area and placed another aftermarket corvette cargo mat on top of it. I also placed the additional mat behind the passenger and driver seat .
I also cut slits in the blockit mat for the cargo rings.
The following users liked this post:
nmvettec7 (04-18-2016)
Old 04-18-2016, 11:17 PM
Hoonose
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Oskee
Mine is 3/4 inch thick I layed it on top of the carpet in the cargo area and placed another aftermarket corvette cargo mat on top of it. I also placed the additional mat behind the passenger and driver seat .
I also cut slits in the blockit mat for the cargo rings.
Hmmm. Mine had slits...
Old 04-19-2016, 09:22 AM
bjones7131
Safety Car

Received 845 Likes on 592 Posts

Is it worth it, did it significantly lower noise level?? Thanks
Old 04-19-2016, 10:35 AM
TKO Performance
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 280 Likes on 222 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by bjones7131
is it worth it, did it significantly lower noise level?? Thanks

Here are a few C7 posts I pulled..

Originally Posted by boiler2
installed on my c7 z06. Transformational! The reduction in tire noise is astonishing. Being an engineer i had planned to use my laboratory db meter to measure noise levels with and without the tko blockit kit. As it turns out there is no need to do so because the noise reduction is truly dramatic. This kit is a "must have" for all but deaf c7 owners. I had a '14 z51 which had hellacious tire noise. I was exhausted after driving it for 3-4 hours. The '15 z06 was significantly quieter and rides more smoothly....think chevy vehicle engineers softened the suspension bushings. Seems to be well known that the '15 is a quieter car. Just can't believe how such a relatively inexpensive and easily installed kit can be so effective. I could now drive the car across country....yes, it's that good.

Originally Posted by spinny
i have used this product on my c6 and c7 and am very satisfied. It works as advertised.

Originally Posted by doopoco
…..on rough pavement we can actually have a conversation without yelling. Stereo sounds great but we can still hear and feel that awesome exhaust!

Thanks tko

Originally Posted by rpoz06
having had blockit in my z06 - i thought it did a great job reducing noise so i added it to the c7 - z51.

It arrived packaged well. Easy install with a precise fit. I was able to use the rings and shade. I found it able to make a nice noise reduction on all surfaces around little rock including interstate and different road surfaces including concrete and asphalt.

I'm very happy with the product!

Originally Posted by tome
well, i had a chance to test drive my car on some roads that previously had some serious tire noise due to the road conditions. For the ease of installation and simpleness of the product; i'm very pleased with the it. I was able to lower my radio volume from where it used to be, and hold conversations without raising my voice. In fact i am now aware of other noises that i hadn't previously heard.
So bottom line: i'd recommend(your hearing my vary) .
I can't say it's equal to the kits that require full interior dis-assembly since i didn't do that, but i definitely feel there is value in the product. If you are in southern calif and want to try in your car, come by and we'll throw it in and you can hear for yourself. Or just take my car for a test drive.

Tom

Originally Posted by gizmoz
i ordered two sets of the three piece kit-- one for me and one for my dad. We both agree that there is absolutely a noticeable difference after the mats were installed. The car is noticeably quieter at highway speeds. We're both happy with them!

Originally Posted by mrhtrd
received my set of sound deadeners yesterday and promptly installed them in about 10 minutes.

Started the car in my garage and could hardly hear the exhaust with the windows up. Backed it outside ( a lot of snow here now ) and tried the same thing, windows down ,windows up. I will not get to take the z06 out until spring, but i can tell you that there is a substantial difference in the noise factor just sitting in the car and listening to it run.

Great product. Can't wait to do a more extensive test in the spring, but initially this seems to be a great product !!

Many thanks,
dave
Originally Posted by txapezl1
got mine in today. 5 minute install. Works great. Fit and finish on point. Nicely done. Highly recommend. Not a bad way to spend $220. (in my toretto voice).
Originally Posted by griff122
I just installed mine (took about 2 min) and the difference is night and day. Definitely recommend.
Originally Posted by joemessman
i installed the basic 3 piece set and they really cut down on the road and noise.
Originally Posted by tr6drvr
3pc set with aftermarket carpet on top in hatch works great. Almost too great for exhaust sound. :d

i installed mich a/s tires which helped a lot but the block-it mats finished the job. Almost no road and tire noise. And i still have the deadmats to install if i want.
Originally Posted by iew
i can now carry a conversation and listen to radio. The blockit kit was super easy to install maybe 5 minutes. Amazing reduction of road noise.
Originally Posted by the sea
got mine for my 16 coupe and works like a charm..very easy to install.

Jerry in minnesota.
Old 04-19-2016, 11:54 AM
graj6
Burning Brakes

Received 353 Likes on 259 Posts

Does it diminish the sound of the exhaust too?

Also does it come with the slits for the hooks pre cut?
Old 04-19-2016, 12:24 PM
bbdmac
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Mine had the slits already cut and yes, it will slightly diminish the exhaust sound. You can fix this by opening a window!
TKO Performance (04-19-2016)
Old 04-19-2016, 03:30 PM
GizmoZ
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 32 Posts

We're still happy with ours. Definitely takes the edge off tire noise/rumble on the highway.
TKO Performance (04-20-2016)
Old 04-19-2016, 07:49 PM
Joy c7
Drifting

Received 321 Likes on 238 Posts

Worth it, made a big difference.
Old 04-20-2016, 09:16 AM
djpatrick35
Drifting

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

It definitely made a big difference for me. It took all of a minute to put in my car and did have a noticeable effect on the sound. Great product.
Old 05-03-2016, 04:46 PM
mtaxman
Burning Brakes

Received 335 Likes on 215 Posts

Just got my Blockit mats today and did a roadtest on the concrete I16 around Savannah and a couple miles on local black top.
Super easy install - drop in and forget it. I have a coupe.
Big rear mat had the slits for rings.
Put my Stingray logo rear carpet on top of the mat and also put the mats behind the seats.
I can tell a difference in noise ; can hear the radio better and believe a long cruise will be far more pleasant.
TKO Performance (05-03-2016)
Old 05-03-2016, 05:23 PM
UsernameProtected
Burning Brakes

Received 405 Likes on 248 Posts

I know this thread is three weeks old, but I'll add this in case someone finds it in a search in the future.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...tion-test.html
The following 2 users liked this post by UsernameProtected:
graj6 (05-03-2016), TKO Performance (05-03-2016)
Old 05-03-2016, 06:26 PM
graj6
Burning Brakes

Received 353 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by UsernameProtected
I know this thread is three weeks old, but I'll add this in case someone finds it in a search in the future.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...tion-test.html
Nice and detailed. I know you mentioned exhaust noise in the beginning, but did you find the exhaust noise damped at all with the Block It Mats added?

That's one of my worries - that alongside cutting down the road noise (which I would desire), it will also cut down the exhaust roar (which I really don't want happening).
Old 05-03-2016, 06:39 PM
UsernameProtected
Burning Brakes

Received 405 Likes on 248 Posts

Originally Posted by graj6
Nice and detailed. I know you mentioned exhaust noise in the beginning, but did you find the exhaust noise damped at all with the Block It Mats added?

That's one of my worries - that alongside cutting down the road noise (which I would desire), it will also cut down the exhaust roar (which I really don't want happening).
I found the exhaust note to be more audible. I don't think it got "louder", but rather there's less higher-frequency noise covering it up.
Old 05-03-2016, 07:39 PM
NSC5
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,100 Likes on 742 Posts

I put it in my 2016 Z06 last week and the difference is very noticeable. Less tire noise, radio volume setting is lower now and much more enjoyable. As another poster noted the exhaust sound now stands out more; my Z06 exhaust is normally set to track mode.

I did notice the action of the Bose audio pilot (auto volume compensation) is much more noticeable now and I turned it off.

Get notified of new replies

To Any C7 owners use the "BlockI" sound deadener Mat

Quick Reply: Any C7 owners use the "BlockI" sound deadener Mat