Sponsored by:

Steering Column Play

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2017, 09:39 PM
Bondojohn
Pro

Received 113 Likes on 71 Posts
Default Steering Column Play

I have a 17 that's got 400 miles on it. I've just noticed a little play in the steering wheel column. Not in sterning but when I push the steering column up or down and left a right. I Just noticed this and I'm not sure if it was there when first bought . Is this normal. Does anyone have this.
Old 06-27-2017, 11:56 PM
kaplana08
Pro

Received 184 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by Bondojohn
I have a 17 that's got 400 miles on it. I've just noticed a little play in the steering wheel column. Not in sterning but when I push the steering column up or down and left a right. I Just noticed this and I'm not sure if it was there when first bought . Is this normal. Does anyone have this.
This issue was mentioned before. Do a search
Old 06-28-2017, 08:43 AM
Scruff Vette
Safety Car

Received 866 Likes on 397 Posts

Here ya go. Mine has very, very slight vertical play that is imperceptible when driving. You would have to consciously push the wheel to detect any play. Non-issue for me.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...lumn-play.html
Old 06-28-2017, 10:28 AM
Bondojohn
Pro

Originally Posted by Scruff Vette
Here ya go. Mine has very, very slight vertical play that is imperceptible when driving. You would have to consciously push the wheel to detect any play. Non-issue for me.

Just happen to notice it one day. I didn't think anything was wrong but just wanted to be sure it wasn't somthing coming loose. Thanks
Old 06-29-2017, 10:30 AM
TEXHAWK0
Le Mans Master

Received 787 Likes on 539 Posts

Originally Posted by Scruff Vette

Same with my 2014. Pushing on the wheel during normal driving and it feels tight, and only if I deliberately push up and down do I feel a little movement.
I also use the steering wheel to help me get in and out of the car, but I would think that small load should not create play in the wheel.
Old 06-29-2017, 07:23 PM
Bondojohn
Pro

Originally Posted by TEXHAWK0
Same with my 2014. Pushing on the wheel during normal driving and it feels tight, and only if I deliberately push up and down do I feel a little movement.
I also use the steering wheel to help me get in and out of the car, but I would think that small load should not create play in the wheel.
i've never had any other car have play in the steering column. It just seems like it's something that shouldn't be there even though it's not affected by normal driving. Quality control?

Get notified of new replies

To Steering Column Play

Quick Reply: Steering Column Play