Sponsored by:

Intercity let me down

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2018, 11:36 PM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Received 4,002 Likes on 2,889 Posts

Originally Posted by gowenfast
Would you rather have them lie to you, and say they'll pick it up and not? I'd say they cut you a break by being honest.
​​​​​​​Can you not read?! The guy was giving them almost a month notice of the pick up window. They told him to pound sand. Do you drive for Intercity?!
Old 07-19-2018, 11:42 PM
Patches
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 889 Likes on 587 Posts

I used Intercity twice to transport my two C5's from Indiana to SoCal when I was moving. I also used them to transport one of my C5's to a new owner I sold it to in Tennessee. They quoted me similarly and explained that their trucks drive from city to city in the most efficient routes to collect and deliver vehicles. They can't do direct point-to-point service for one customer at a time or they would be super-inefficient and only be able to provide service to a very few customers for an exorbitant amount. Both times I hired them, they showed up within the promised time frame and notified me ahead of time to give me time to meet them for the pickup and delivery. I have nothing but great things to say about how wonderfully their drivers cared for my cars and how professional they were at all times. There is a good reason they've been in business for so long - great service.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...s-country.html

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-delivery.html

Last edited by Patches; 07-19-2018 at 11:44 PM.
The following users liked this post:
intercity lines (07-20-2018)
Old 07-20-2018, 12:01 AM
Kevin A Jones
Race Director

Received 11,720 Likes on 5,599 Posts

Originally Posted by Skid Row Joe
For the hundredth time on C7, will you guys start using UShip.com, and tell the Intercity and Ply Cars of the Country to go pound sand? I swear you guys have not learned your lessons yet. The seals around here clap moronically with emotional madness, just because some stupid a** truck brought you your car, when you're paying nearly double for what the transportation should have cost you.
Yep good plan, go with a broker Typical bad advice from you.
Old 07-20-2018, 03:27 AM
Randy G.
Race Director

Received 552 Likes on 378 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevin A Jones
Yep good plan, go with a broker Typical bad advice from you.
I wouldn't use UShip to transport my riding lawnmower.
The following 2 users liked this post by Randy G.:
09ZR1 (07-20-2018), woodsguy (07-20-2018)
Old 07-20-2018, 03:39 AM
Randy G.
Race Director

Originally Posted by Patches
I used Intercity twice to transport my two C5's from Indiana to SoCal when I was moving. I also used them to transport one of my C5's to a new owner I sold it to in Tennessee. They quoted me similarly and explained that their trucks drive from city to city in the most efficient routes to collect and deliver vehicles. They can't do direct point-to-point service for one customer at a time or they would be super-inefficient and only be able to provide service to a very few customers for an exorbitant amount. Both times I hired them, they showed up within the promised time frame and notified me ahead of time to give me time to meet them for the pickup and delivery. I have nothing but great things to say about how wonderfully their drivers cared for my cars and how professional they were at all times. There is a good reason they've been in business for so long - great service.
Three weeks ago, after ordering transportation from Intercity 5 weeks prior to that, I took delivery of my new to me pro stock Camaro shipped from Maryland to my shop in So Cal near Angel Stadium. What you explained in your post is exactly what Intercity told me, which is also true with Reliable. The routes are done so there is minimal loading and unloading, and they do not broker. When the time came for pick-up in Maryland the Intercity driver, Chris, gave my shipper and me constant daily updates of his progress and expected ETA. The driver showed up within 10 minutes of his expected arrival time. The car was covered, properly tied down and every effort was made to ensure no damage was done to the car. I couldn't be happier.

If you don't give a darn, ship with a broker. If you can't wait, go get it yourself. I did that earlier in the year when I drove from So Cal to western Ohio and back to pick up a Corvette. Or hire a one man-one trailer-one car at a time operation to dead head it to your location for a lot more money.

Behind my car was a 1950's $4.5 million Porsche aluminum bodied car that had to be unloaded to get my car out. The driver had an amazing routine to make sure nothing happened to either car during unloading.

Last edited by Randy G.; 07-20-2018 at 03:43 AM.
intercity lines (07-20-2018), speedlink (07-20-2018)
Old 07-20-2018, 08:06 AM
gowenfast
Le Mans Master

Received 825 Likes on 431 Posts
Finalist 2022 C1 of the Year - Unmodified
2021 C1 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2020 C1 of the Year - Unmodified
2018 C1 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '21

Originally Posted by Skid Row Joe
Can you not read?! The guy was giving them almost a month notice of the pick up window. They told him to pound sand. Do you drive for Intercity?!
No Jackass, I routinely deal with shippers who lie their *** off and leave you hanging. You know zero about the trucking business. Maybe after 45 years, or so, you'll get it. Just because you want something done on a specific date, doesn't mean someone else should drop everything, and accommodate you, does it?

Last edited by gowenfast; 07-20-2018 at 08:07 AM.
09ZR1 (07-20-2018)
Old 07-20-2018, 08:12 AM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Originally Posted by rmorin1249
I know you are upset but telling you they can't meet your needs is better than saying they can and then not showing up on time. Other companies are guilty of doing this. Happened to me.
And all you have to do is read the posts/threads on here, and that is what you see all too frequently: "Hey! I scheduled a car to be moved and they came 6 weeks later?!!!!!"

Nope, I'd much rather Intercity and every other company tells me what they WILL do and do it----not blow smoke where the sun don't shine. If they're busy, they're busy. How many more trucks should they lease or buy is another question, just like how many more parts should a store have on its shelves just so we can "pick it up."
The following 2 users liked this post by AORoads:
blkvet6 (07-21-2018), intercity lines (07-20-2018)
Old 07-20-2018, 08:14 AM
fake
Safety Car

Received 343 Likes on 247 Posts

They all suck, drive the puppy home and enjoy the ride before your dead!
1ccrider (07-20-2018)
Old 07-20-2018, 08:20 AM
AORoads
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Originally Posted by Kevin A Jones
How did they let you down? They were honest in letting you know exactly what they couldn't do.
And where did Intercity ever claim they could do anything? They don't have hundreds of trucks all over the US.
Car transporters can't just pick-up and deliver on demand like a taxi service, not how the business works.

Rather than trying to discredit Intercity for no good reason, why don't you have the previous owner take the car to a
temporary location (storage facility, neighbor or something) until a hauler can pick it up?
Just havin' a little fun here: then again, his CF name IS 'lie to me" so maybe Intercity should've taken him up on that and said, they'll be there on that exact date he wanted! j/k guys.
Old 07-20-2018, 08:26 AM
dkb218
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

13 year old boys and whining little brats.
Old 07-20-2018, 10:01 AM
gowenfast
Le Mans Master

2018 C1 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '21

Originally Posted by AORoads
And all you have to do is read the posts/threads on here, and that is what you see all too frequently: "Hey! I scheduled a car to be moved and they came 6 weeks later?!!!!!"

Nope, I'd much rather Intercity and every other company tells me what they WILL do and do it----not blow smoke where the sun don't shine. If they're busy, they're busy. How many more trucks should they lease or buy is another question, just like how many more parts should a store have on its shelves just so we can "pick it up."
Exactly
Old 07-20-2018, 10:39 AM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,929 Likes on 4,810 Posts

They gave you an honest answer with the reason for it, they could have committed to your request and missed your required dates with some excuse like other companies do and you are complaining. I guess it is all about you and your needs no matter what.
The following 6 users liked this post by dvilin:
09ZR1 (07-20-2018), blkvet6 (07-21-2018), Crossed Flags Fan (07-21-2018), intercity lines (07-20-2018), Rebel Yell (07-20-2018), speedlink (07-20-2018) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 07-20-2018, 10:47 AM
gowenfast
Le Mans Master

2018 C1 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '21

Originally Posted by LIE2ME
That's the problem, it was NOT that strict of a timeline. okay, yes, I am upset, but the bottom line is that Intercity and Reliable are at least 50% higher than anyone else. if I can't count on "the best", I might as well rent a $50.00 trailer from UHaul and just do it myself..
That's a thought. When "the best" are busy, they're busy. Get over it.
intercity lines (07-20-2018)
Old 07-20-2018, 11:17 AM
bearphoto
Safety Car

Received 302 Likes on 200 Posts
SoCal Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '12

I had the same problem with intercity in January of 2018. Needed my new corvette picked up from a Redwood City, Ca dealer and transported to Arizona. They could not give me a date for pickup but that it would be at least a month as it was a "busy time" for them. Called Reliable, same thing. I called a number of other transporters and left messaged. Finally decided to go get it myself when one of them called back. The pickup was prompt and delivered quickly.
Old 07-20-2018, 11:25 AM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

I needed a Corvette transported from Orlando, FL to Springfield, MO and I contacted Intercity. They said they couldn't do it as it wasn't on their route. Heck, Orlando is on an Interstate(I-4) that connects to two major north-south Interstates(I-75 and I-95) and Springfield is on a major east-west Interstate(I-44). Not like I was asking for a pick up/delivery to an off the wall location from, say, Tonopah, NV to Presque Isle, ME.

I went with a small local transporter(enclosed 5th wheel two car haulers behind Dodge 3500 diesel pickups) here in Springfield and had excellent results(and much cheaper).

Last edited by JoesC5; 07-20-2018 at 11:35 AM.
Old 07-20-2018, 11:47 AM
gowenfast
Le Mans Master

2018 C1 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '21

Originally Posted by JoesC5
I needed a Corvette transported from Orlando, FL to Springfield, MO and I contacted Intercity. They said they couldn't do it as it wasn't on their route. Heck, Orlando is on an Interstate(I-4) that connects to two major north-south Interstates(I-75 and I-95) and Springfield is on a major east-west Interstate(I-44). Not like I was asking for a pick up/delivery to an off the wall location from, say, Tonopah, NV to Presque Isle, ME.

I went with a small local transporter(enclosed 5th wheel two car haulers behind Dodge 3500 diesel pickups) here in Springfield and had excellent results(and much cheaper).
In the future, if you could get access to Autodispatch.com, it would simplify things for you. You post the load (and price you want to pay), and (usually) multiple transporters contact you to arrange to pick up the load pretty quickly.
Old 07-20-2018, 03:14 PM
Randy G.
Race Director

In the future, if you could get access to Autodispatch.com, it would simplify things for you. You post the load (and price you want to pay), and (usually) multiple transporters contact you to arrange to pick up the load pretty quickly.
Sounds good for lumber or plywood, but I wouldn't ship a $100,000 car that way.

Consumer Advisory About Automobile Transporters

The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) has received a dramatic increase in complaints against auto transporters and auto transport brokers. The best defense to avoid being a victim of Internet Fraud and deceptive business practices is to be a well-informed consumer. When seeking services to transport your car, please keep the following in mind:

1. It is important to understand the difference between an auto transporter and an auto broker. Auto brokers only arrange the transportation of your car. Be suspicious of any Web site where it is not clear whether the company is a broker or a transporter.

2. Both auto transport brokers and carriers that operate interstate are required to be registered with FMCSA. Auto transporters and transport brokers are both issued a six digit “MC Docket” number. Auto transporters are also issued a seven digit “USDOT” number. You can check the validity of the registration of any transporter or broker by doing a “carrier search” for their MC Docket number on this site.

Avoid any auto transporter or broker that does not prominently display their MC Docket number on their website.

3. If you make payments by credit or debit card, closely monitor the transactions with that company. Be sure that the money you authorized to be transferred is all that is taken from your account.

You may file a complaint against an automobile transporter or automobile transport broker by visiting this site or calling 1-888-DOT-SAFT (1-888- 368-7238)
Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Eastern Time
Web site: https://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/protect-yo...e-transporters
blkvet6 (07-21-2018), DWS44 (07-20-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To Intercity let me down

Old 07-20-2018, 06:06 PM
gowenfast
Le Mans Master

2018 C1 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '21

Originally Posted by Randy G.
Sounds good for lumber or plywood, but I wouldn't ship a $100,000 car that way.

Web site: https://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/protect-yo...e-transporters
Why is that? What makes you so the expert? I can only assume that you equate a high price with quality of service. That's not a good assumption to make for the well informed, intelligent person. I routinely ship via Auto Dispatch, and every car I have is well over $100,000.00. I've always had excellent service, with "0" damage. Just curious, where did you get all your knowledge of transporters?
Old 07-20-2018, 06:14 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

;^^^^ I dunno, maybe Randy G's "hesitancy" is due to the fact that he can't, and I can't find an "autodispatch.com" site.

There's a Centralautodispatch. There's a nationwideautodispatch. There's even a usautodispatch. But not the site you mention/wrote.

So, I'd guess the question in anyone's mind is: DO they really exist?
Old 07-20-2018, 06:25 PM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Received 4,002 Likes on 2,889 Posts

No Jackass, I routinely deal with shippers who lie their *** off and leave you hanging. You know zero about the trucking business. Maybe after 45 years, or so, you'll get it. Just because you want something done on a specific date, doesn't mean someone else should drop everything, and accommodate you, does it?
You're more FOS than a Christmas Turkey. #LOL! 😃😃😃

Quick Reply: Intercity let me down