Sponsored by:

Memory recall issue

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2018, 11:30 AM
DeStreGa5
Pro

Received 84 Likes on 61 Posts
Default Memory recall issue

I jumped into my car to go to work today and noticed that my memory recall was messed up after pressing the Engine Start button. The wheel tilted correctly, but the seat did not move into the proper position. I've had this problem before, but it's very rare. I've also had the issue where the memory recall doesn't even work and the dealer had to do an update. Unfortunately, the update didn't actually fix anything. Has anyone had this issue before or am I just losing my mind? It's a '15 Z51 M7
Old 12-24-2018, 11:36 AM
MMD
Safety Car

Received 1,630 Likes on 1,051 Posts

Originally Posted by DeStreGa5
I jumped into my car to go to work today and noticed that my memory recall was messed up after pressing the Engine Start button. The wheel tilted correctly, but the seat did not move into the proper position. I've had this problem before, but it's very rare. I've also had the issue where the memory recall doesn't even work and the dealer had to do an update. Unfortunately, the update didn't actually fix anything. Has anyone had this issue before or am I just losing my mind? It's a '15 Z51 M7
This is a common problem. Follow this procedue exactly. If it does not work then go to the dealer to resolve. Most of the time this procedure will correct this issue.

Seat Memory Settings
Some owners have had trouble getting their driver settings to save. Thanks to another owner, we’ve learned that this is the best process:
• Start your Corvette and select “Settings” on the Infotainment screen.
• Scroll down to select “Vehicle;” then select “Comfort & Convenience.”
• Select “Auto Memory Recall” and turn it Off.
• Back up one menu to select “Easy Exit Options” and turn this Off as well.
• Adjust your seat, steering wheel and mirrors to your preferred driving settings.
• At the same time, press the “Set” button and the “1” or “2” button. A beep will
sound to confirm your settings.
• Move the steering wheel up and the seat back as far as it will go; then move the
seat forward about a half-inch. At the same time, press the “Set” button and the
“Exit” button. That same beep will indicate that your setting was saved.
• Go back to the Infotainment screen and turn “Auto Memory Recall” and Easy Exit
Options” back on. The next time you get into your Corvette, the settings should work.
Old 12-24-2018, 11:44 AM
defaria
Safety Car

Received 1,203 Likes on 732 Posts

And remember, if you're an M7, to apply the eBrake when you park. If you don't then the seats will not move forward.
Old 12-24-2018, 11:46 AM
Fogboundturtle
Racer

Received 149 Likes on 81 Posts

I had issue with memory seat until I realized I was using Key #2
Old 12-24-2018, 11:46 AM
DeStreGa5
Pro

Originally Posted by MMD

This is a common problem. Follow this procedue exactly. If it does not work then go to the dealer to resolve. Most of the time this procedure will correct this issue.

Seat Memory Settings
Some owners have had trouble getting their driver settings to save. Thanks to another owner, we’ve learned that this is the best process:
• Adjust your seat, steering wheel and mirrors to your preferred driving settings.
• At the same time, press the “Set” button and the “1” or “2” button. A beep will
• Move the steering wheel up and the seat back as far as it will go; then move the
seat forward about a half-inch. At the same time, press the “Set” button and the
• Go back to the Infotainment screen and turn “Auto Memory Recall” and Easy Exit
Options” back on. The next time you get into your Corvette, the settings should work.
Haha I think I saw this thread the other day and I totally forgot. I ended up setting the seats to what I think it was and saving it on the way to work. I'll try this out later today to prevent any further issues.
Old 12-24-2018, 11:47 AM
DeStreGa5
Pro

Originally Posted by Fogboundturtle
I had issue with memory seat until I realized I was using Key #2
Na that's definitely not my problem. I took the battery out of the second key since I found out the battery was dead anyways.
Old 12-24-2018, 11:49 AM
MMD
Safety Car

Originally Posted by defaria
And remember, if you're an M7, to apply the eBrake when you park. If you don't then the seats will not move forward.
When you park aren't you going to egress your vehicle? Most drivers want to bring the seat rearward then.
Old 12-24-2018, 11:52 AM
DeStreGa5
Pro

Originally Posted by MMD

When you park aren't you going to egress your vehicle? Most drivers want to bring the seat rearward then.
Yes, I use the ebrake every time I turn off the car. I set the seats to move back when I press the door opener button.
Old 12-24-2018, 05:09 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,067 Likes on 6,169 Posts

If the seat is hitting the bulkhead limit switch behind the seat, then the seat movement will be erratic. Make sure you set the exit position slightly forward of full back and make sure you don't have anything behind your seat.
The following users liked this post:
MMD (12-24-2018)
Old 12-24-2018, 05:15 PM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,605 Likes on 6,618 Posts

^^^
And if you are very close and lean on the back it can trip the limit switch. Once tripped it appears to block movement.

I occasionally have the issue and just move the seat forward a ~1/2 inch and re set my #1 position.

Last edited by JerryU; 12-24-2018 at 05:16 PM.
Old 12-24-2018, 05:20 PM
MMD
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Zymurgy
If the seat is hitting the bulkhead limit switch behind the seat, then the seat movement will be erratic. Make sure you set the exit position slightly forward of full back and make sure you don't have anything behind your seat.
absolutely. This is exactly what they teach you at the National Corvette Museum if you take an R8C delivery. Good advice!
Old 12-24-2018, 06:17 PM
defaria
Safety Car

Received 1,203 Likes on 732 Posts

Originally Posted by MMD

I've been saying this so long I forgot to qualify it fully - seats will not move forward when you return to your car and start it and you'll think there's something wrong with the memory recall. What was wrong was that you failed to set the eBrake when you parked and got out of the car. And again, why the eBrake doesn't automatically set when you are leaving the car (i.e. when the exit seat is triggered) is a mystery to me.
Old 12-25-2018, 10:12 AM
stevettec7
Drifting

Received 759 Likes on 401 Posts

My ‘15 Z51 started doing what you described out of the blue. You’re not out of your mind. This is definitely a real problem. ...and all the “quick-fixes” won’t restore my erratic mirror operation when recalling memory on start or exit when either option is set. I have found when I only use the door switches for memory recall, the mirrors stay put. My dealer can’t figure it out either. Only my driver’s side mirror drives to a random position. I have replaced the mirror control module in the door and the mirror actuator in the mirror. The dealer has reprogramed the memory seat module under the driver’s seat to no avail. Next I plan to replace that memory seat module - which will require programming. Here’s a link to my older post:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...all-issue.html

Last edited by stevettec7; 12-25-2018 at 10:13 AM.
Old 12-25-2018, 10:21 AM
DeStreGa5
Pro

Originally Posted by MMD

Seat Memory Settings
I did follow this procedure and it didn't fix it right away. I let it sit for a few hours and it's working fine for now. My memory recall tends to be a 50% shot that it works when I press the ignition.
The following users liked this post:
MMD (12-25-2018)
Old 12-25-2018, 11:07 AM
KenHorse
Team Owner

Location: I live my life by 2 rules. 1) Never share everything you know. 2)
Received 2,400 Likes on 1,365 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18

Originally Posted by DeStreGa5
I did follow this procedure and it didn't fix it right away. I let it sit for a few hours and it's working fine for now. My memory recall tends to be a 50% shot that it works when I press the ignition.
Make sure the seat isn't back against the limit switch. That'll screw up the memory recall (I had the same problem until I made sure this wasn't an issue for me. Now memory recall is 100%)
Old 12-25-2018, 03:02 PM
stevettec7
Drifting

Received 759 Likes on 401 Posts

I have tried the previously mentioned factory reset and memory set to no avail. The dealer has done it as well. My issue is specifically with the “Easy Exit” and engine start memory recall settings. Whenever I use only the #1 & #2 switches on the door, everything works fine.

Get notified of new replies

To Memory recall issue

Quick Reply: Memory recall issue