C7 Wrap - Avery Roaring Thunder

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2019, 01:36 PM
Mulligandog
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by ZFLASH
I like it,but I'm a little bias. Mine is called Deep Space Blue, L8R ZFLASH

Can you also tell what front spoiler you have, it looks similar to mine and I don't know which one it is. I bought my car used and Protekt doesn't recognize it,trying to get the skid plate. Thanks
This looks amazing!
Old 01-10-2019, 12:51 AM
pryvisee
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Really loving the wrap man! I actually stumbled on this forum from your post as I'm trying to get a feel for it. Just put a deposit down on wrapping my car (Shelby GT350, sorry I don't belong lol..) in this color and having somewhat second thoughts as there's not too many cars with it on. Any regret or issues with the wrap? How's the attention with it..

Btw, do you have some more pictures, maybe in darker environments.

Old 01-10-2019, 01:04 AM
z06inVB
Race Director

Received 1,107 Likes on 521 Posts

I like it. I just played around with some 3m 1080 g212 to do my hood stinger using knifeless tape. I have nothing but respect for the guys that do that now.

I must have have gotten a bad batch of wrap. Mine has splotches all in it when looking at an angle. I saw it before I installed it but did it more for practice. Plan to try again next week. It only cost me 25 bucks.

Old 01-10-2019, 02:10 PM
Tort
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 69 Posts

I wasn't brave enough to go with a color shift.lol (original color is red)

The following 2 users liked this post by Tort:
djyankees31 (01-10-2019), Labmannn (01-24-2019)
Old 01-10-2019, 04:41 PM
eZg
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Love the Roaring Thunder.....Looks great!

I'm just finishing up my third wrap and really enjoy working with vinyl.........MOST of the time. I'm def NOT a perfectionist tho.

This is my first gloss wrap and went with 3M's Psychedelic flip. I'll post a pic once we get a nice sunny day!

Last edited by eZg; 01-10-2019 at 04:42 PM.
Old 01-23-2019, 05:07 PM
Vette_24
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by pryvisee
Really loving the wrap man! I actually stumbled on this forum from your post as I'm trying to get a feel for it. Just put a deposit down on wrapping my car (Shelby GT350, sorry I don't belong lol..) in this color and having somewhat second thoughts as there's not too many cars with it on. Any regret or issues with the wrap? How's the attention with it..

Btw, do you have some more pictures, maybe in darker environments.
No regrets with the wrap, turned out great and I wanted something unique. That would look awesome on a GT350, if you end up doing it you'll have to send me some photos. I don't have many photos in dark environments since I tend to take a photo when the color pops lol. But I can do some digging and I'll pm you if I find any. The only thing I will say is that when its not in direct sunlight it does look more blue/purple then anything else. Look at the photo when my car is parked next to my sister's M4 and that will get you a good idea since that was taken at like dusk.
Old 01-24-2019, 10:09 AM
LuisZ51
Burning Brakes

Received 404 Likes on 203 Posts

Pure sex! Love it!
Old 01-28-2019, 09:55 PM
AZGASSER
Drifting

Received 289 Likes on 211 Posts

Considering a wrap at this time and have a few questions. The shop is using 3M 1080 film and I want a matte black. I drug my fingernail across the surface and a light scuff appeared. Could not get it to wipe off. Tried Googling a few options and nothing really works. How is the film at resisting slight brush ups with clothes, purses, bags, etc? The satin colors show less as well as the gloss. The matte is my fav look but I am worried about those little love marks happening when detailing the car. Thanks for your help.

Quick Reply: C7 Wrap - Avery Roaring Thunder