Sponsored by:

All New Ceramic Coating from XPEL

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2019, 10:42 PM
SuperdadZ06
Burning Brakes

Received 408 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by Grzldvt1
There are many factors, usage is one of them, the products used is another. I have used a simple spray on product that only lasted 5 months versus several high end products that have lasted 4+ years, but not on a daily drivers
If you follow the products instructions wash the vehicle correctly it should last the products warranty.
as stated I am a techy ceramic geek, and have tried more products than anyone. I could rattle on about my studies of products and how I made myself/shop three steps better than my competition, but that is beyond this post.
If you wash correctly, do the annual checkup and get the sacrificial layer applied at that point you will never have to remove and completely reapply a good high end ceramic.
if you insist on going to a "let me beat the crap out of your finish car wash," then you will eventually remove the ceramic and the cost to reapply should be the same as starting out fresh.
Thanks I appreciate the input. I should be in good shape as the car is garage kept, stored in the winter and washed as needed.
Old 10-02-2019, 11:12 PM
Mikey T
7th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=ImpliedConsent;1599055272]Finishing up ceramic install...AFTER installing Xpel Ultimate Plus. I'm telling 'ya -- my front bumper (all) looks flawless. My windshield, not so much. <--that should be next in y'alls R&D.

I've got this same torch red Corvette. With 6 miles on it, I had a very reputable detailer spend 9 hours, doing paint correction, before I had a local company install XPEL paint protection film and XPEL ceramic coating. MY CAR'S SHINE ISN'T ANYWHERE NEAR THE GLOSS OF YOUR CORVETTE!!! NOT EVEN CLOSE!! I'm not sure what this installer of mine did, but after 6 months of wanting a glossier finish, I now find myself waxing over XPEL's ceramic coating with Collinite 845 wax, just to get my car to shine!

Last edited by Mikey T; 10-02-2019 at 11:14 PM.
The following users liked this post:
XPEL (10-04-2019)
Old 10-02-2019, 11:29 PM
jimmbbo
Melting Slicks

Received 950 Likes on 609 Posts

[QUOTE=Mikey T;1600253884]
Originally Posted by ImpliedConsent
my front bumper (all) looks flawless. My windshield, not so much. <--that should be next in y'alls R&D.
Just had the XPel Fusion applied with amazing results, but noticed some very slight crazing on the windshield when facing the sun, which I assume is the ceramic coating... It's noticeable but not inhibiting even driving into the sun, but is annoying to the point I'd like to be rid of it.
Anyone have a similar experience and solution?
TIA
Jim
Old 10-02-2019, 11:29 PM
devnull
Scientific Negotiator
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,836 Likes on 1,018 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'10, '14

I can't believe how much more I enjoy this car with the Fusion coating. WOW!

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ng-thread.html

The following users liked this post:
XPEL (10-04-2019)
Old 01-27-2020, 10:00 AM
MusicCityMan243
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SuperdadZ06
I had my car wrapped XPEL and added ceramic coating right after taking possession from the dealership. When I took it to my local detailer in town for the first time he was furious that I didn't use him for the xpel and that I went with ceramic coating. As fate would have it I had my Vette out today and stopped by to see him. Low and behold he became certified to apply ceramic coating over the winter but is still completely opposed. He believes several coatings of high quality vintage wax at first and then one good waxing annually is a better more cost effective solution. He cited concerns if the car is in an accident and what happens when the coating is no longer effective. He said that the car has to be completely sanded down and then coated again, a very expensive proposition. He showed me some test cars that have been left outside and compared to wax, the waxed side of the car seemed to hold up better. I know there are arguments on both sides of the fence but his primary point that ceramic coating changes the chemistry of the paint kind of hit home. My decision may work out because my car is not a daily driver, is garage kept and only gets hand washed and finished with a ceramic pro spray. I love the look but it was pricey. Hope this helps someone thinking about it
Very informative. I’m on the fence about this new ceramic coating trend.
Old 08-24-2021, 04:28 PM
charles.breed
5th Gear
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post

Just had Xpel Ceramic coating to my 2021 C8 with all of 47 miles on the odometer - I've NEVER seen this stuff before, but NOTHING sticks to it. The Window TINT 70/30

and Ceramic Coating (4 yr) cost about $1,800 total
Old 08-26-2021, 12:00 PM
Deans_C6
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ceramic coating applied

I recently acquired a 2019 GS that had been dealer detailed. Absolutely beautiful. It didn't need color correction or any early steps. I did the alcohol/water wipe down and applied Armor Shield IX. It was 75 degrees outside and application took slightly over 1.5 hours. Stunning results.
Old 08-26-2021, 02:38 PM
C7&7
Le Mans Master

Received 865 Likes on 601 Posts

Originally Posted by ShadowGray19
I was contemplating getting the Xpel Clear Bra put on my car in the next week or two. After seeing this video, I am thinking having the whole car done with the Xpel Fusion Plus Ceramic Coating instead. What kind of cost are we looking at to do a new 2019 Stingray. Prep should not be a big issue. The car has less than 400 miles on it. I know I could do both but I am also getting a Borla Axle Back exhaust system installed on the car next week. My budget is not unlimited.
No ceramic coat is going to protect a car like PPF does. Are you saying you think this will work as good as a true PPF on the vehicle?

Quick Reply: All New Ceramic Coating from XPEL