Sponsored by:

Vitesse throttle controller

Old 07-12-2019, 09:45 AM
JerryU
2017 GS, M7, 2.5LT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,020 Likes on 2,214 Posts

^^^
Just installed yesterday and don't have the 100 miles in to "teach" the ECM! I followed Mike's simple "teaching" approach and all appears fine. Stopped at the store before it rained and definitely felt an improvement in throttle response and clutch actuation when starting. I've had a C7 M7 for over 5 years and with very little throttle there was not the slightest hesitation or clutch pedal/throttle coordination needed. BUT need to get the miles in and try some acceleration to WOT. Need to get the ECM out of "grammar school!"

Will post a link to the PDF at that time.

My first reaction is definiatly worth it!

Last edited by JerryU; 07-12-2019 at 09:47 AM.
The following users liked this post:
99mike (07-12-2019)
Old 07-12-2019, 10:17 AM
Mark Maple
CF Senior Member

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Jerry,

Did you have a Vitesse unit previously?

Last edited by Mark Maple; 07-12-2019 at 10:17 AM.
Old 07-12-2019, 11:02 AM
speed4tu
CF Senior Member

Received 163 Likes on 119 Posts

I have one sitting in my toolbox that I had in my last C7. 90% of the time i had it in there I left it in the 0 position not adding or taking away. Seems it only made it more jerky for me, wasn't a fan overall
Old 07-12-2019, 01:08 PM
JerryU
2017 GS, M7, 2.5LT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,020 Likes on 2,214 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Maple View Post
Jerry,

Did you have a Vitesse unit previously?
Yep, installed a Vitesse Controller on my Grand Sport when for a year I was driving in Touring and the throttle response did not match the 3 1/2 years I drove my 2014 C7 M7 non MRC in Track. No affect on ride BUT got the other benefits including faster throttle response, nannies threshold etc. Used the Vitesse in 4 or 5 where it was about the same linear response as what I was used to. When I had my MRC software updated I now drive in Sport which has about the same OEM throttle plate movement to pedal depression. No longer need or use the Vitesse controller. BUT thought the initial response could be faster and posters said the Soler modified throttle body did that.

Installed yesterday and as of today have 75 miles so the ECM has "learned something" but proably not yet a "college grad!" Feels perfect, no CEL very stable idle from the first start. Put the Vette in Sport today (as I had in in Touring the first day as recommended) and definitely feels better when starting from a stop. Only made one close to redline acceleration run in 2nd and 3rd (which Soler says avoid until the ECM learns the new flow settings) and felt fine.

This is a PDF defining "Why" and well as "How" to install (which is easy.) http://netwelding.com/Soler_Mod_TB.pdf

Longer term use info will be added as it's developed.

Last edited by JerryU; 07-12-2019 at 04:36 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Vitesse throttle controller

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: