Sponsored by:

Vitesse throttle controller

Old 07-11-2019, 06:49 AM
99mike
CF Senior Member

Received 43 Likes on 27 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17-'18
Default Vitesse throttle controller

Anyone have long term experience with this product? Please state how long you have had the controller installed and any issues encountered.

Thank you,

Mike
Old 07-11-2019, 07:05 AM
449er
CF Senior Member

Received 408 Likes on 343 Posts

Plenty of posts here on the Vitesse, if you want adjustable throttle response, this product is for you, otherwise it adds no real performance gains. I haven't read too many negative experiences with it
Old 07-11-2019, 07:20 AM
JerryU
2017 GS, M7, 2.5LT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,020 Likes on 2,214 Posts

Originally Posted by 99mike View Post
Anyone have long term experience with this product? Please state how long you have had the controller installed and any issues encountered.

Thank you,

Mike
Used it for ~9 months on my Grand Sport. Tried to match the more linear throttle response when driving in Touring Mode that I had for 3 1/2 years in my 2014 Z51 none MRC Z51 that I always drove in Sport or Track for the other benefits as ride did not change. The Grand Sport when set in Sort was a harsher ride that my none MRC Z51.That gave the fastest throttle response GM made available. It came close when set at 4 or 5 which is wear I had it set.

Only problems I had were initially when mounting the controller. First had it tucked behind the carpet and after I posted a pic on the Forum Vitesse saw it and said it could overheat. Other posts showed where it did get hot so putting behind the carpet is NOT A GOOD IDEA. Vitesse said tie to a wire under the dash. First time I did that a plug pulled out and it went into limp home mode. Was in my driveway so no problem. Devised a way to use a plastic tie to attached only the body to a wire bundle under the dash with no force on the plugs. Worked fine. When I got my MRC software upgrade after a year I have been driving in Sport and don't need it! Felt a bit different so I removed.

There are other posts about the **** not fitting properly on the shaft and the contact position needed for the initial set-up being affected. Some were getting the unit replaced. Mine did not have that issue, nor was there a lot of comments about that issue.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by JerryU; 07-11-2019 at 07:25 AM.
The following users liked this post:
99mike (07-11-2019)
Old 07-11-2019, 07:52 AM
Bigredwing
CF Senior Member

Received 86 Likes on 80 Posts

I had one on my C6 GS automatic for several years and loved it. No problems at all. The new Stingray I have is a manual and I use Sport Mode all the time. Now I don't think I need one and get enough throttle response to meet my driving style. A more aggressive driver might feel different though.
Old 07-11-2019, 08:45 AM
Patches
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 742 Likes on 499 Posts

Agree with Jerry on this - it is finicky about installation config and needs to be re-calibrated every so often. It had over-revving issues on my custom A&A tune so I ended up removing it to avoid those issues. I went through both the A and B versions with similar results. On NA cars it seems to have no real issues other than needing a re-cal occasionally. I installed a Sprint Booster several months ago in hopes it would not have the same issues and, so far, it's performed perfectly - no over-revving issues. No calibration is ever required on the SB and it's more compact and finished-looking than the Vitesse.
Old 07-11-2019, 08:55 AM
JonMN
CF Senior Member

Received 500 Likes on 343 Posts

^^^ I had a Vitesse for a while, but had occasional surging when at very low speed, like in a parking lot. A few (not many) others have noted this. I also switched to Sprint Booster and have had no problems since.
Old 07-11-2019, 09:50 AM
rrsperry
CF Senior Member

Received 438 Likes on 282 Posts

Had it since I got my 16 in Nov 15. No problems at all, and it really helps fix the crappy Chevy throttle response at tip in...

I've also heard a ported throttle body can do the same thing. (fix the crappy tip in)

I'd say go for it, it's removable and can't possibly affect warranty concerns.
Old 07-11-2019, 10:36 AM
Maxpowers
CF Senior Member

Received 745 Likes on 589 Posts

I've had mine since March 2018. I like the linear throttle response. I've had no issues other then when I initially installed it, one of the pins pushed out and didn't make contact which threw a code. I pushed the pin back in and all has been good.
Old 07-11-2019, 10:47 AM
I Fly Low
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 70 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by 99mike View Post

Thank you,

Mike
Used one for two years, loved it. It failed and put the car into limp mode(got a 'reduced power' message on the DIC). I was unable to recalibrate it using the manufacturer instructions, so I removed it. To be fair, I didn't contact the company, who may have been able to help me. Overall, though, it really improved the driving experience. I would recommend, even with mine failing. (Edit: This was on a C6, don't have one on C7)

Last edited by I Fly Low; 07-11-2019 at 10:50 AM.
Old 07-11-2019, 10:50 AM
NashvilleGrandSport
CF Senior Member

Received 306 Likes on 220 Posts

Had one in my C6 for two plus years... never an issue.

Have had one I bought pre-owned for my C7. Old style with the two buttons. No issues in about 15 months.
Old 07-11-2019, 11:16 AM
Flame Red
CF Senior Member

Received 571 Likes on 365 Posts

I had one installed on my car for a couple of years. The only issue seemed to be the need to recalibrate it periodically. I think there are other throttle controllers out there now that are more technologically advanced and don't need to be recalibrated.

After two years of having it installed, I started to experience a strange "clunk" when traveling at high speed and it was really, really driving me totally nuts. After months of trying to track down what this clunk was, I disconnected the Vitesse and the clunk totally disappeared and never reappered. I don't know why the TC would have caused it, but removing it was the cure.

Last edited by Flame Red; 07-11-2019 at 11:17 AM.
Old 07-11-2019, 11:44 AM
GARYFINN
CF Senior Member

Location: S/W ,Fla-Ohio State Football isn't a matter of life or death,Its Much More serious than that
Received 291 Likes on 162 Posts

I like the Bluetooth Pedal Commander way better.You can adjust it with your phone.
twowinns (07-12-2019)
Old 07-11-2019, 02:10 PM
99mike
CF Senior Member

Received 43 Likes on 27 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17-'18

Thanks to all who answered.

Mike
Old 07-11-2019, 03:39 PM
Bronsonf
CF Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had a vitesse throttle booster on my C6 and C7. Both gave me reduced engine power mode and unintended acceleration in parking lots. I followed all Vitesse's instructions including powering off the car for ___ number of minutes with no fob within 30 feet, calibrating by putting the car in accessory mode, etc. I switched to pedal commander and will not go back to Vitesse. No issues 1 month in.
Old 07-12-2019, 12:09 AM
ricmalaz
CF Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

I had a Vitesse on my Z51 with A&A Supercharger and a custom tune. It repeatedly threw CELs and put my car into limp mode many times. I did the calibration routine many times, and even called Vitesse to make sure I was doing it correctly. I loved how responsive it made the throttle when it worked, but it was just too problematic. Stopped using it and all issues were gone.
Old 07-12-2019, 06:49 AM
KCLARK

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

End all your problems and get something that works perfectly with no issues, Sprint Booster
Old 07-12-2019, 06:59 AM
twowinns
CF Senior Member

Received 71 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by GARYFINN View Post
I like the Bluetooth Pedal Commander way better.You can adjust it with your phone.
Same here. I had the Vitesse for 2+ years with no problems. However, even at its highest setting, I still wanted more. The Pedal Commander has many more setting options, to help you really dial in that perfect setting for you. It’s also just a simple plug and play installation. No calibration needed.

i also use it with a PTB, which really makes it even more fun to drive.

Last edited by twowinns; 07-12-2019 at 07:01 AM.
Old 07-12-2019, 07:27 AM
ricmalaz
CF Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by KCLARK View Post
End all your problems and get something that works perfectly with no issues, Sprint Booster
I just got one a few days ago. No problems so far. Time will tell.
Old 07-12-2019, 09:11 AM
JerryU
2017 GS, M7, 2.5LT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,020 Likes on 2,214 Posts

FWIW, just installed a Soler (forum Advertiser) modified Throttle Body after I understood that you can increase throttle versus pedal movement all you want via; 1) the OEM changes with Drive Mode, 2) throttle controllers or 3) tunes - BUT can't change the initial air flow through the throttle body unless you modify the entrance and exit contours!

Been following this for some time in the tech section and have seen Posters commenting about modified throttle body improvements. Read all the Soler excellent technical info. Bought one and just installed. A PDF with the reasons for Why it's better is in preparation. It's title is Why to Versus my normal How To Install since that is so easy a few pics are all that took! Discussing choked flow, why the OEM throttle body operates in a contoured are for the 1st 40% or travel- not so simple! "Need to understand "choked flow," converging, diverging nozzles etc OR just evaluate what folks say about performance!

The changes are subtitle relative to the time delay BUT your perception to the hesitation is very sensitive!

The pic below is complex but summarizers what I found!

Last edited by JerryU; 07-12-2019 at 09:19 AM.
99mike (07-12-2019)
Old 07-12-2019, 09:23 AM
Mark Maple
CF Senior Member

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Jerry,

I've been thinking about replacing my Vitesse unit with the Soler Throttle Body. Do you think it was worth it? Would you do it again?

Thanks,
Mark

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Vitesse throttle controller

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: