Extreme Online Store - EOS Front Splitter Experience

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2024, 08:05 AM
Stoianoff31
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Extreme Online Store - EOS Front Splitter Experience

Sharing my experience from EOS.

Upstate NY - Ordered a front splitter in winter for spring install, kept the splitter in original box and bubble wrap for safe keeping.

Upon opening bubble wrap, it’s broken. See attached photo.

Email EOS with photos, in which said they’ll review it. Offered to send back splitter in original packaging (not fully opened).

Replacement, return, refund, claim denied as it’s outside the 30 day window. Very disappointing, would expect leniency from a car enthusiast company. Especially as the integrity of the original packaging is in tact, buyer beware.

Comment added:
To be fair, I can see both sides of the argument. Considering the circumstances of it within the original packaging, I was hoping for replacement leniency or discount code, partial credit, anything. In my experience with broken parts and returns, its the cost of doing business and factored into margins- recouping a claim with the carrier is subject to a tariff rate. I have had superb experiences with Summit, AmericanTrucks.com, Borla, K&N, morimoto, etc. its all about customer perception and their experience. Nothing malicious here, but disappointment and feels transactional for such a purchase that is very personal to all us corvette lovers.

Last edited by Stoianoff31; 04-30-2024 at 02:36 PM.
Old 04-30-2024, 08:59 AM
corvettezman
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 828 Likes on 461 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '15, '16-'17-'18-'19

Why would you not open and inspect the content when you received it then repackage it for whenever you are ready to install?

I don't blame them. You are trying to get a refund for something you ordered a while back, didn't inspect it, and basically took out their right to file a claim with the shipper because the shipper also has a claim window.

The following 3 users liked this post by corvettezman:
BAT (04-30-2024), Jeff T. (04-30-2024), miami08VETTE (04-30-2024)
Old 04-30-2024, 09:05 AM
BAT
Le Mans Master

Received 1,277 Likes on 560 Posts
2023 C7 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C7 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C7 of the Year Finalist - Modified

I ordered one from them too (through Amazon). The first thing I did was open it, inspect it and put it back in the box until I was ready to install it. As a matter of fact, I *thought* the winglets were missing and when I contacted them, they apologized and offered to send them out as soon as they were back in stock. Come to find out, the one I ordered did NOT include the winglets, but they sent them anyway. I offered to pay for them, but they said not to worry about it.

There are hard lines for returns and claims for a reason. Us as the consumer need to do our own due diligence and follow protocol when needed. Sorry that you didn't and are now stuck with a broken piece. I don't blame them for not accepting the late claim.
The following 2 users liked this post by BAT:
corvettezman (04-30-2024), miami08VETTE (04-30-2024)
Old 04-30-2024, 12:01 PM
Racer1735
Pro

Received 224 Likes on 103 Posts

I ordered Stage 2 front splitter, rocker skirts and rear spoiler/wickers thru EOS and have not been disappointed. Fit and finish are up to standard. Also, when I got careless and banged the front corner of my splitter on the curb, ripping off the RH winglet and splitting the splitter, I had no qualms about taking Plasti-Weld and putting it all back together again (the Plasti-Weld is on the backside and not visible from the front or side). I'd gladly order from them again if I need additional body pieces.
The following users liked this post:
Stoianoff31 (04-30-2024)
Old 04-30-2024, 12:25 PM
shekmark427
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 124 Likes on 64 Posts

OP, I admit that I have done that before. Order something., let it sit in the box. Too lazy. Too cold out yada, yada. It's a bad habit I have, since reading this thread, broken. LOL . I disagree with other posts. I think they should replace it. I'm looking at one from ASC. Have there side rockers. Sat in the box for two weeks before I took a look. I'm going to wait and see how I do with installing these before taking on a splitter.
The following 2 users liked this post by shekmark427:
Shokwav (04-30-2024), Stoianoff31 (04-30-2024)
Old 04-30-2024, 01:42 PM
miami08VETTE
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 587 Likes on 337 Posts

Originally Posted by shekmark427
OP, I admit that I have done that before. Order something., let it sit in the box. Too lazy. Too cold out yada, yada. It's a bad habit I have, since reading this thread, broken. LOL . I disagree with other posts. I think they should replace it. I'm looking at one from ASC. Have there side rockers. Sat in the box for two weeks before I took a look. I'm going to wait and see how I do with installing these before taking on a splitter.
If I was the vendor, I wouldn't replace it! If I was the purchaser and I did this, I would blame myself for not inspecting upon receipt! At most I may reach out to the vendor and see if they would give me a break on the cost of a replacement. that's just my thought on this... YMMV...

Last edited by miami08VETTE; 04-30-2024 at 02:16 PM.
Old 04-30-2024, 01:55 PM
Stoianoff31
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

To be fair, I can see both sides of the argument. Considering the circumstances of it within the original packaging, I was hoping for replacement leniency or discount code, partial credit, anything. In my experience with broken parts and returns, its the cost of doing business and factored into margins- recouping a claim with the carrier is subject to a tariff rate. I have had superb experiences with Summit, AmericanTrucks.com, Borla, K&N, morimoto, etc. its all about customer perception and their experience. Nothing malicious here, but disappointment and feels transactional for such a purchase that is very personal to all us corvette lovers.
Old 04-30-2024, 01:56 PM
Shokwav
Pro

Received 221 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by miami08VETTE
If I was the vendor, I wouldn't replace it! If I was the purchaser and I did this, I would blame myself for not inspecting upon receipt! At most I may reach out to the vendor and see if they would give me a break on the cost of a replacement. Thanks just my thought on this... YMMV...
you wouldn’t replace it, but you might wish you had when the result is threads like this one.
it’s cheap **** coming over by the boat load from china. Considering how many vendors sell the exact same part or others just like it it would seem that making sure the customers are satisfied and spreading a good word about your business would be better in the long run than drawing a hard line about a date on the calendar.

OP buy an ACS part and you’ll be happy you did.
The following 2 users liked this post by Shokwav:
shekmark427 (04-30-2024), Stoianoff31 (04-30-2024)
Old 04-30-2024, 02:23 PM
miami08VETTE
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 587 Likes on 337 Posts

I am not a fan of EOS, but I understand both sides of this. Hopefully he can get some credit on a new part. Personally, I would prefer not to do business with EOS if I don't have to. ACS although very pricey, there stuff is much better and an excellent vendor to deal with. I wish the OP luck.
Old 04-30-2024, 02:25 PM
dbirdhouse1
Safety Car

Received 876 Likes on 588 Posts

Originally Posted by corvettezman
Why would you not open and inspect the content when you received it then repackage it for whenever you are ready to install?

I don't blame them. You are trying to get a refund for something you ordered a while back, didn't inspect it, and basically took out their right to file a claim with the shipper because the shipper also has a claim window.
Would be nice on their part (do you have a history as a customer?) but the fault in this case is yours......

Get notified of new replies

To Extreme Online Store - EOS Front Splitter Experience

Quick Reply: Extreme Online Store - EOS Front Splitter Experience