C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HP Tuner wideband etc getting started:)

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2017, 04:48 PM
brettmess24
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts

I have seen the glovebox that works.

Here is mine for now.

Old 09-19-2017, 12:06 AM
Poppacapp
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by brettmess24
I have seen the glovebox that works.

Here is mine for now.

Looks like a decent spot if you can get the cable behind the dash. I am debating just doing the wideband teporary for tuning, then puling it after. Unsure at the moment... keep going back and forth lol
Old 09-25-2017, 12:54 AM
Jaycajun
Pro

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

You can fish the wideband wires into the cubby through the USB port hole. Pop out the USB, cut a groove in the USB hole for the cable so the USB will fit back in, stick a coat hanger through USB hole, get under the dash in the most uncomfortable position you can imagine, use a flashlight to see up there and use your hopefully tiny Leprechaun sized hands up there and grab the coat hanger, use a lot of electrical tape on cable to secure it to the coat hanger and pull it through. I used the cigarette lighter wires for power....

Last edited by Jaycajun; 09-25-2017 at 12:59 AM.
Old 09-25-2017, 10:16 AM
Poppacapp
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaycajun
You can fish the wideband wires into the cubby through the USB port hole. Pop out the USB, cut a groove in the USB hole for the cable so the USB will fit back in, stick a coat hanger through USB hole, get under the dash in the most uncomfortable position you can imagine, use a flashlight to see up there and use your hopefully tiny Leprechaun sized hands up there and grab the coat hanger, use a lot of electrical tape on cable to secure it to the coat hanger and pull it through. I used the cigarette lighter wires for power....

thanks for the info. I may do something like this when I get closer to warranty end. I have never been good at laying on the floorboard and being a contortionist to run wires lol
Old 09-25-2017, 10:30 AM
brettmess24
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaycajun

i like that!! Always forget about the cubby, thanks for your input! I noticed that the gauge does make some noise so that might be a permanent solution.

Quick Reply: HP Tuner wideband etc getting started:)