C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vibration after header install

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2018, 10:51 AM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Received 899 Likes on 700 Posts

Default Vibration after header install

Just installed set a Kooks a few days ago started up ran great no engine lights, didn't let it run long got it up to warm checked everything out it's all good, moved it out of my driveway and just took it for a drive around the block everything seemed hunky-dory get it back in my driveway and open up the NPP and I blip it a bit, get it up to 2400 and I got a nasty vibration in the shifter like it just bouncing if I hold it there it's just going to keep shaking can't figure out what it is, there's no missing the engine and no exhaust leaks. Anybody have any ideas let me know please thank you
Old 02-18-2018, 11:02 AM
eboggs_jkvl
Moderator/Tech Contributor

Location: Jacksonville Florida BWO Dayton, Cincinnati, Bloomsbury NJ, Cincinnati
Received 3,821 Likes on 2,065 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist

You installed LTs and didn't get a tune? Things are different with LTs on the car and tunes are usually the accepted necessity for a smooth running car.

Elmer
Old 02-18-2018, 11:37 AM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by eboggs_jkvl
You installed LTs and didn't get a tune? Things are different with LTs on the car and tunes are usually the accepted necessity for a smooth running car.

Elmer
Yes i know Elmer. Haven t done it yet. Have installed them on c5 and c6, never experienced this before. I know is LT is a different beast. Will do some sort runs and idles, may smooth out a bit.thanks for the input

Last edited by walleyejack; 02-18-2018 at 11:38 AM.
Old 02-18-2018, 07:50 PM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

tried it again this afternoon, let it idle, short blast, seems to have fixed it self.
still need the tune tho.
Old 02-19-2018, 10:24 PM
IH8FORD
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

glad to hear its getting better wish I had my new exhaust on going to be 60 tomorrow could take car for a little rip.
The following users liked this post:
walleyejack (02-20-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To Vibration after header install

Quick Reply: Vibration after header install