C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car cranks but won't turn over after torque tube replacement

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2024, 06:28 AM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

Received 2,317 Likes on 1,679 Posts

Originally Posted by Wyatt155770
I'll order the new fuse tonight and no we didnt follow the sop of end play, this is the first I'm hearing of it. And I didn't measure the new drishaft down to the thousandths, I put it next to the old one and it lined up. I called up east coast driveline and told them the car and they sent it out. I never gave then any exact measurements.
Sounds like you answered your own question about whats wrong with your engine ....
Here is just one of the many thrust bearing stories over the years caused by not following the torque tube installation SOP
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...e-with-it.html

I hope I am wrong but ........

Dave
Old 05-10-2024, 12:26 PM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

Received 2,317 Likes on 1,679 Posts

Did u replace the fuse ?

Dave
Old 05-10-2024, 08:29 PM
Wyatt155770
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dcasole
Did u replace the fuse ?

Dave
yes but now I've got a whole lot more issues. The car is throwing 28 codes and the radio says NO VIN. The memory is messed up, when it gets power the memory seats go all the way forward. I never set the memory seat to move forward. I've got P184C, P0016, P161A, those are the most concerning codes. My main issue is I replaced the crankshaft position sensor when I did the starter 3 months ago and this is the first time I'm seeing this code. So if the timing chain isn't set properly I'm going to have to redo it and if I redo it and it still is throwing that code even after I replace it I'm going to have to pull the engine out and go through every. The very thing I paid the mechanic 3k to do. And I've already gone through the fuses and nothing is burnt.

Old 05-11-2024, 09:26 AM
Tinkertech
Burning Brakes

Received 485 Likes on 310 Posts

Originally Posted by Wyatt155770
Just took the car out of the shop and it started up in low power mode and was driving for about 6 minutes before it died. Pull over and i ended up blowing the rear fuse on the battery. Interestingly enough it's a 250A, the c7 should have a 350A. The mechanic had told me he kept blowing that same fuse and I'm not sure if the parts guy gave him the wrong fuse or if he ordered the wrong fuse but im going to throw in a 350A and see what happens.
Just look at that fuse replacement. Really a 'hack' job and a bad mechanic.

Need to find a better mechanic and set the end play of the torque tube.

Really hope you caught it in time.

Note:
I've noticed a lot of torque tube end play issues lately, some with bad results.
Doesn't anyone read the manual any more?
There is some steps you just can't skip and hope for the best.
The following users liked this post:
Dcasole (05-11-2024)

Quick Reply: Car cranks but won't turn over after torque tube replacement