C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Rim sizes and availability for Z07

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2015, 05:16 PM
hootowlc7
Burning Brakes

Received 95 Likes on 63 Posts
Default Rim sizes and availability for Z07

I'm considering purchasing a full set... wheels and tires, for off season driving. There are vendors here and elsewhere looking for my business. I'm a little concerned about buying them, having them shipped and then finding out they don't clear the Z07 brake system.

What do I need to know about wheels and tires so I can shop confidently?
Old 01-15-2015, 05:51 PM
AzDave47
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,546 Likes on 2,620 Posts

Originally Posted by hootowlc7
I'm considering purchasing a full set... wheels and tires, for off season driving. There are vendors here and elsewhere looking for my business. I'm a little concerned about buying them, having them shipped and then finding out they don't clear the Z07 brake system.

What do I need to know about wheels and tires so I can shop confidently?
By off-season driving what do you mean? If snow tires or all season tires are your goal, then there are more 18/19 tires in those categories. Only a very few 18" wheels clear the Z07 brake package. You may find that 19/19 offers the best in tire sizes and wheels that will clear. You will also need to know the wheel offset front/rear. It has been posted on this forum so search for it.
Old 01-15-2015, 06:20 PM
hootowlc7
Burning Brakes

Received 95 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by AzDave47
By off-season driving what do you mean? If snow tires or all season tires are your goal, then there are more 18/19 tires in those categories. Only a very few 18" wheels clear the Z07 brake package. You may find that 19/19 offers the best in tire sizes and wheels that will clear. You will also need to know the wheel offset front/rear. It has been posted on this forum so search for it.
I just want a set of wheels and tires that have no restrictions just for around town... but look bad a$$. Yes I know, the Z07 package needs the Cup tires. Just want to pull them off in the colder months.
Old 01-15-2015, 06:32 PM
Cyclone09Z06
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by hootowlc7
I just want a set of wheels and tires that have no restrictions just for around town... but look bad a$$. Yes I know, the Z07 package needs the Cup tires. Just want to pull them off in the colder months.
If I were to get a third set of wheels lol,...I would buy these and put the Pilot Super Sports on them.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...0-per-set.html
Old 01-15-2015, 06:37 PM
AzDave47
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,546 Likes on 2,620 Posts

Originally Posted by Cyclone09Z06
If I were to get a third set of wheels lol,...I would buy these and put the Pilot Super Sports on them.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...0-per-set.html
He's advertized these available with the PSS ZP's mounted on them, too.

Quick Reply: Rim sizes and availability for Z07