C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

What mode(s) for daily driving?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2017, 04:59 PM
AaronZ51
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 520 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by rikhek
There are detailed instructions in the owners manual. Lots of good stuff in there.
I've had my car two weeks now (not driving it currently since we're in the 20's) and am on page 197 in the owner's manual. Reading page-by-page, the first car I've done that with but, you're right, there's a lot of information in there!
Old 01-05-2017, 05:59 PM
rikhek
Safety Car

Received 860 Likes on 393 Posts

Originally Posted by AaronZ51
I've had my car two weeks now (not driving it currently since we're in the 20's) and am on page 197 in the owner's manual. Reading page-by-page, the first car I've done that with but, you're right, there's a lot of information in there!
Aaron,

I've been following your impressive post regarding your hand control installation. Can't wait to hear how you do when you get comfortable enough to get on the track.

Regarding my post about "it's in the manual" I couldn't help myself. I'm a "read the manual ****". I just can't comprehend someone buying a car with as many advanced features as the C7 and not reading the manual. I've read my manual twice and have detailed notes with pages numbers that describe little known features and "tricks".

I guess I'm being an *** commenting as I did but it's a pet peeve of mine. Hell, people want others to read the manual for them and give them the answers.

In another thread I'm contributing I was astonished yesterday to read a members post regarding PTM. He's had his car for some time and asked what PTM was. He didn't even realize there were 5 track performance mode settings under the Race setting.

Mind boggling to me but whatever. I'm going to climb down off my soap box now....

Rick
Old 01-05-2017, 07:17 PM
Mordeth
Melting Slicks

Received 1,679 Likes on 878 Posts
2018 C6 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '10, '17

Originally Posted by capevettes
I run in Sport or Track mode all the time. Exhaust in open mode all the time. M7 pulled fuse 42 . Steering set in track mode. It feels and sounds like a sports car should.
Exactly how I drive mine.
Old 01-05-2017, 10:24 PM
Florida2000
Pro

Received 93 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by vampire81
I want my throttle response on track mode but touring everything else. how?
there is no way to do this
Old 01-05-2017, 10:28 PM
Florida2000
Pro

Received 93 Likes on 51 Posts

fuse 42 pulled

gauge and HUD set to track mostly but a sometimes change them just to be different

steering linked to drive mode (I like the feel of the steering and suspension changing together)

Tour and Sport mostly but use Track/PTM for some occasional fun
Old 01-05-2017, 11:58 PM
C7/Z06 Man
Safety Car

Received 449 Likes on 354 Posts

Default Me like "Old Man Mode" on the street & for good reason.

Touring mode, everywhere but the track. I have read with the softer suspension you are less likely to bend a rim.

However I did set my steering to sport mode all the time because of the three I like the feel of sport.

Quick Reply: What mode(s) for daily driving?