C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

3 month update on wreck: GM can't/won't find this ONE PART

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2018, 12:36 PM
HolyRoller
Drifting

Received 39 Likes on 22 Posts

The part actually got here! Most likely the collision shop will be done late next week with all the careful work they need to do. I suppose, then, I'd better renew the registration. Thanks again to those who were able to work the problem behind the scenes.
The following users liked this post:
Big Lebowski (02-23-2018)
Old 02-22-2018, 02:44 PM
MacRoadie
Racer

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

Couldn't help it. Little Throwback Thursday Gene Kranz (aka Ed Harris).

Last edited by MacRoadie; 02-22-2018 at 02:46 PM.
Old 02-22-2018, 10:54 PM
HolyRoller
Drifting

^^ I've seen that movie 20 times, and when three good chutes deploy, there is still never a dry eye in the house. That's about how I'll feel when I get my Z back. "Houston, we're at stable one, the ship is secure--this is Apollo 13, signing off."

Old 02-23-2018, 09:29 AM
Big Lebowski
Le Mans Master

Received 4,003 Likes on 1,686 Posts

Originally Posted by Greg00Coupe
3 dudes in our local club got in various degree of accidents, one was actually hit leaving the dealer after an oil change. All 3 had their cars towed to their favorite dealer and traded them off as is.

Not sure the cost but lot less hassle and they got new cars.

Guy I knew had a Cadillac got hit leaving the dealer, his fault, they had an identical car on the showroom floor he drove it home. Didn’t even wait for the cops to show. Walked into the dealer and told them to get it ready.

Got cited but had a new Cadillac to drive home.
Curious. I've seen and heard this a few times now. Is this a leading indicator of ramping down on the C7?
Old 03-20-2018, 06:30 PM
HolyRoller
Drifting

Happy ending! Friday afternoon I turned in the Altima and rescued my Z from the pound. Everything works and all my settings are still there, except I had to look up how to reset the memory seats. I'm at CarMax now, getting a lowball offer for the upcoming diminished value insurance claim.

I'll be posting a video of the whole thing before too long. For now, I must say I was not able to keep a dry eye when I approached her for the first time in four months. I guess I was more attached to a mere machine than I wanted to admit.
The following users liked this post:
Big Lebowski (03-20-2018)
Old 03-20-2018, 06:45 PM
DOOKEY
Melting Slicks

Received 133 Likes on 106 Posts

Please keep us updated on the diminished value claim.
Old 03-20-2018, 07:04 PM
NickG-Z06
Instructor

Received 48 Likes on 31 Posts

So awesome you got it back. Hopefully everything works out well
Old 03-20-2018, 08:43 PM
Big Lebowski
Le Mans Master

Received 4,003 Likes on 1,686 Posts

Originally Posted by HolyRoller
Happy ending! Friday afternoon I turned in the Altima and rescued my Z from the pound. Everything works and all my settings are still there, except I had to look up how to reset the memory seats. I'm at CarMax now, getting a lowball offer for the upcoming diminished value insurance claim.

I'll be posting a video of the whole thing before too long. For now, I must say I was not able to keep a dry eye when I approached her for the first time in four months. I guess I was more attached to a mere machine than I wanted to admit.
Congrats. Funny how we don’t truly realize what we have until we lose it. It doesn’t compare to Your situation, but I have a similar feeling when I can finally get her out again in the Spring after a 4 month hibernation.

Last edited by Big Lebowski; 03-20-2018 at 10:19 PM.

Quick Reply: 3 month update on wreck: GM can't/won't find this ONE PART